Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anybody switch out their halogen headlights to LED?

Just popped passenger side bulb. Got 6 months out of this Osram Nightbreaker Laser. Im on the 3rd set and I never got more than 10 months out of em. It definitely was brighter and better beam than OEM, but I got the schitts of changing out bulbs. Drivers sides easy, and I can yank the airbox out of the passenger side and have a bulb in in 5 minutes but damn does it get old. Especially when its cold out and I dont have a garage.

I just ordered some LEDs for low and high beam. Good reviews on Amazon, even though theyre cheapies......so how long LEDs usually last? Any issues?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When one of mine went out, I replaced with LEDs. They work good. Been going for about 2 years with no problems.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Go ahead and get the LED fog and reverse lights while you are ordering.
Ronnie

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fanofthefortyone
Go ahead and get the LED fog and reverse lights while you are ordering.
Ronnie

I actually did get fog/driving bulbs also(5202), but not the backup yet. Theyll be here tomorrow, if they work good ill order the backups also. Thanks.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
When one of mine went out, I replaced with LEDs. They work good. Been going for about 2 years with no problems.

I hope I can get 2 years. That would be awesome. Theyre actually cheaper than the Osram halogens.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Swapped them out on our 06 a few years back, I like the LEDs.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Headlights have been a problem for me. LED or halogen, they all seem to have their limitations. I have one truck with HID headlights. They are bright but sometimes go out on a rough road. They have no high beam and take a little while to warm up.

Last edited by 45_100; 01/22/21.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Yeah, went to LED several years ago. 06 Ram pickup, definite upgrade even from Silverstar type bulbs.
No trouble with them, get flashed once in a while, so I know they are working.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick

Just popped passenger side bulb. Got 6 months out of this Osram Nightbreaker Laser. Im on the 3rd set and I never got more than 10 months out of em. It definitely was brighter and better beam than OEM, but I got the schitts of changing out bulbs. Drivers sides easy, and I can yank the airbox out of the passenger side and have a bulb in in 5 minutes but damn does it get old. Especially when its cold out and I dont have a garage.

I just ordered some LEDs for low and high beam. Good reviews on Amazon, even though theyre cheapies......so how long LEDs usually last? Any issues?

The cheap amazon led headlight bulbs are actually really good. Better than many that cost 3 times as much. Ran them in some of my past trucks and they worked really well

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunchamp

The cheap amazon led headlight bulbs are actually really good. Better than many that cost 3 times as much. Ran them in some of my past trucks and they worked really well
They list a bunch of them. Which ones are you talking about?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yes, I installed Stedi LED high beams in my Hilux, very pleased with the result. So much so that I intend mounting a set of Stedi QUAD PRO LED driving lights.

Stedi

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by gunchamp

They list a bunch of them. Which ones are you talking about?

Not sure which ones hes talking about but I got these high beams , these low beams , and these driving/fog lights.

I realize the low and driving are 6000k and highs 6500k, I really dont care. Im not sure ill like either, id rather had something around 5000k but seen those and grabbed em quick. If they look or work like schitt ill send em back.

B
B
ill go ahead and warn ya, you will have ppl flash you for "bright lighting" them and you aint

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Yeah, went to LED several years ago. 06 Ram pickup, definite upgrade even from Silverstar type bulbs.
No trouble with them, get flashed once in a while, so I know they are working.

If you ever look at a chart by the manufacturer on those Silverstar bulbs..... the brighter the version is, the much shorter the life span of them is...

I just use the basics...I'd like brighter beams that have a wider throw...but then I don't want to blind outcoming drivers...

Plenty of rain and fog here in Oregon... a lot of drivers here on the highways, just leave their brights on... especially if their car has California plates...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

β€œOwning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Our Toyota Highlander has auto dimming lights. They're LED and the brightest lights I've ever had on a car. The auto dimming is very useful in this case. On the other side, my '08 Dodge pickup has crap lights. I'm going to switch to LED's on it. I need to polish the housings, too. They're getting pretty yellow.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My 2008 Highlander came with regular bulbs. I replaced them a couple of years ago with LEDs and am completely happy with them. I run them all the time as DRLs and neither has burned out yet. Can't remember the seller but it was not Precision LED.

I bought Precision LED bulbs for all my interior lighting and am NOT happy with those. The light level is great but the darn things burn out often. Precision has a lifetime warranty, and they do replace them without a quibble, but it's a pain going through all that. Plus, they were about the most expensive of all kinds. Probably have to charge a lot to cover the warranty is my guess.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Try Black oak LED,excellent

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, Amazon split my order, so only the highs came in this morning. Too damn cold to do it outside anyhow today. The others should be here this afternoon.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They look well built. For $40 I wont complain....yet laugh

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Plug and play?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
Plug and play?

Thats what they state, and pretty much all the reviews state. It seems some have issues(luckily not Silverados) with one of two things. Fitment, and flickering. The flickering I guess you need to buy another box? to fix the issue, fitment well just have to look at another brand.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 19 invisible), 1,419 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,665
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.