Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Might use a box checking zero and have another for the hunt ( same lot #- deer hunting ).

Doesnt take much. But sometimes a bud or kid wants to shoot and an extra box or two for whatever could get burned.

If its reasonable price, even if ya don't need it. Buy it.

If that one shop has 35 rem Hornady still ill snag em.
Never shot my rifle at 200. Might be fun to burn a box or two seeing whats what.

GB4

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I thought I was covered but apparently I can’t read anymore as I had the wrong grain bullets. Thankfully I found some here. I have some misc bullets and powder that I don’t care for that I should sell but part of me thinks I should hang onto it in case the SHTF

Last edited by win7stw; 01/23/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got stuck in the WTB category for the first time this year. My dad gave my son his 410 that he got when he was 10. That’s the only 410 between either of us. He’d been looking for shells for months but couldn’t find any. Unbeknownst to me he was only looking for 3” for some reason. Either way I had a couple of great guys offer some to me and I’ll be forever thankful for them helping me out. My son is planning on practicing some today as a matter of fact.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See the WTB in the paper and local internet classifieds.

Instantly pissed me off.

WTB Winchesters, or Antique Guns!

No, you are hoping to legally steal them.

Have often thought about running an add offering to give
value estimates.

I have been consulted by several widows about guns, several
of which I really would have liked to buy. But not at their value.

So, I write down numbers, and recommend one of the local auctioneers
that do regular gun auctions.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
If not for the extreme generosity of people here....I would be SOL sometimes.

The once fired 38 special brass I ordered from Grafs? Nope. They must have over sold.

Its one thing to be stocked up....its another to buy something new and need components.

Shouldn't be this way.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My problem is I am still buying rifles.

Had a few things for loading the 30-06 since I have had several but sold most of my bullets.

I have posted 2 wtb ads and on both ads some azzhat used my thread for their gain.

Seller would tell me to PM them that they had what I wanted and another clown would PM them and get the item.

I blocked both sellers and the 1 for sure guy that posted on my thread that he was sending the seller a PM.

Rough world out there.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by win7stw
I thought I was covered but apparently I can’t read anymore as I had the wrong grain bullets. Thankfully I found some here. I have some misc bullets and powder that I don’t care for that I should sell but part of me thinks I should hang onto it in case the SHTF

Been hanging onto stuff I have and buying a few weights/styles of bullets I don't normally use but will when the going gets really rough.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Until that 222 I didn't own a 22cal centerfire, the AR platform never interested me, still doesn't. I shoot to hunt, I reload and sight in to to hunt. I do admit to buying different hunting guns just to have something to work loads up and then take out on a hunt. But ultimately it was to hunt with and an AR 223 didn't fit the bill for me.

Now with grandkids and they like to plink the 22s, maybe they'd like an AR to blast with, But why buy one now if ammo is nonexistent for a decent price?

As a 'Boomer' shooting philosophy is different now than then. When I was a kid we would save and buy a 50 round box of 22s, there was no plinking you hunted, plinking was with a bb gun. We'd grab the 22 or shotgun and walk or drive the tractor to the citrus groves/maze fields... rabbits, quail, the occasional feral pheasant were all fair game, we didn't waste ammo practicing.

Now days if you go out in the desert on a weekend it's packed with shooters, car loads spread out for miles, families/groups whatever, blasting away for fun. It's all good, just different and an AR makes sense.

This ammo shortage is forcing people away from shooting and hindering the retention of new gun owners and shooters, a family activity, kids... there's an agenda here by someone.

For my own reasons I trimmed my guns down to 3006, 308, 3030, 708, 22, 12ga, .50 BP, 45acp... and now added 222, 357.

Even if I wanted to I wouldn't buy a 9mm, 40cal, 223, 38 whatever, not worth the ammo hassle.

The suppression of our freedoms isn't always obvious.

It's not a panty issue either.

Kent

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Panty issue?

Nice!

I am now buying components for future projects.....like the 6mm Ackley.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I bought a 223 bolt action

So I’d have something to shoot up all my .223 ammo when they confiscate our ARs in a buy-back.

4-D chess prepping 😎

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

So I’d have something to shoot up all my .223 ammo when they confiscate our ARs in a buy-back.

4-D chess prepping 😎

They say I am not supposed to shoot this case of 556 through my 223 bolt guns.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord

4-D chess prepping 😎

They say I am not supposed to shoot this case of 556 through my 223 bolt guns.

They're high, Jim.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
6.5/50 mammoth hammer... coming soon...

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I figure you should have a rifle for every caliber that you might happen across. That way, when all the .223, .308, 9mm, etc is sold out, you are still good if you run across some, say, 25-35 ammo.

Politics is War by Other Means
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been helping out people who having been asking but the limit is being reached now.

Talked to a guy last week that thought he was going to go to store and buy 22 ammo.

I have been trading a lot. Good time to trade stuff you don’t need for stuff you might need later on.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Buying new guns is the hitch. I must have 75 cans of powder up there on the shelf, but of course I don't have "the one". Of course would love to find some RL26 to use in a 7STW. Thank God for Hanco, he saved me by sending me a couple hundred magnum primers. Other members here had brass and bullets I needed. Hadn't been in the magnum game for 30 years didn't realize I was out.

As for selling, I've made a conscious effort to go through my supplies and offer up anything not needed to fill someone else's void. Gotten rid of lots of stuff.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am learning that, at least for the moment, my primers and .22 ammo have a market value of about $70,000.

Yikes!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep, I've cleaned out the gun room since X-Mas. Lots of reloading stuff, (presses, dies, case trimmers, etc) Brass and bullets. Sold some here in the classifieds.

Stuff that did not sell here went to ebay. Sold for more than I paid new, years ago. A cheap Lee hand press that sells on Midway for $41, hammered on ebay for $122.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If a fella is just now getting worried enough to start stocking up he has totally missed the boat and deserves whatever he gets in the inflated price wars. A guy can afford to drop $200 on a thousand primers today, but he couldn't afford them at $35/1000 2 months ago? We've had several years of low(er) prices on ammo, primers, powder, etc... If you haven't been paying attention, well, that's on you.

Black Cows Matter!
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Buying new guns is the hitch. I must have 75 cans of powder up there on the shelf, but of course I don't have "the one". Of course would love to find some RL26 to use in a 7STW. Thank God for Hanco, he saved me by sending me a couple hundred magnum primers. Other members here had brass and bullets I needed. Hadn't been in the magnum game for 30 years didn't realize I was out.

As for selling, I've made a conscious effort to go through my supplies and offer up anything not needed to fill someone else's void. Gotten rid of lots of stuff.

Let me know if you get in a bind for more Cowboy Roy.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (14idaho, 2500HD, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 42 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,992
Posts18,481,109
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.