Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

LOL.

It's always easy to see the quality of the troops one served with.

May those chains rest lightly.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.

How are the quality of troops you serve with?

I’m not guessing in what I wrote. There are certain orgs and units that have a tendency to be rebellious, and you can and will see dissension there. But they are small. If you think a private in the 2nd MARDIV or a private in a Ranger battalion is going to tell their squad leader to pound sand regardless of what the subject is, you’re out of touch with reality, and have never been in or worked with units.
Shooting on the range with retired dudes, or even people currently from select units, is not the same as being in and seeing what happens day to day- even in such units. Doubly so in the conventional military. There’s no magic here. Critical thinking and and refusing stupid orders isn’t something people just have when it really counts. It has to be taught, fostered and allowed to be used. It is the exact opposite of what basic and military life is structured for. Almost anyone that can think critically is not functional in most of the military. There’s so much ignorant stuff that happens every day, that those types of people either get out, get chaptered out, or in very few cases move to places where individuality is somewhat tolerated.

Everyone has this picture that it’s going to be peaceful citizens just minding their own business and all of a sudden the 3rd ID is going to be ordered to round them up and shoot them. That’s ridiculous and ignores all history. The military is just another group (like police, conservatives, liberals, etc) that can and will quickly fall into “us versus them”. All it will take is for a couple of soldiers to get injured guarding some stupid event due to citizens trying to protest, or otherwise contest it, and you will see it. All the cops and Guardsmen that have been out and dealing with riots and protests all year didn’t standby and watch it happen because they believe in the right to protest. They stood by because the were told to. Had they been told to end it, they would have.

Roger That Surrender Monkey..

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

LOL.

It's always easy to see the quality of the troops one served with.

Don't get in the way.

Just Sayin.

How are the quality of troops you serve with?

I’m not guessing in what I wrote. There are certain orgs and units that have a tendency to be rebellious, and you can and will see dissension there. But they are small. If you think a private in the 2nd MARDIV or a private in a Ranger battalion is going to tell their squad leader to pound sand regardless of what the subject is, you’re out of touch with reality, and have never been in or worked with units.
Shooting on the range with retired dudes, or even people currently from select units, is not the same as being in and seeing what happens day to day- even in such units. Doubly so in the conventional military. There’s no magic here. Critical thinking and and refusing stupid orders isn’t something people just have when it really counts. It has to be taught, fostered and allowed to be used. It is the exact opposite of what basic and military life is structured for. Almost anyone that can think critically is not functional in most of the military. There’s so much ignorant stuff that happens every day, that those types of people either get out, get chaptered out, or in very few cases move to places where individuality is somewhat tolerated.

Everyone has this picture that it’s going to be peaceful citizens just minding their own business and all of a sudden the 3rd ID is going to be ordered to round them up and shoot them. That’s ridiculous and ignores all history. The military is just another group (like police, conservatives, liberals, etc) that can and will quickly fall into “us versus them”. All it will take is for a couple of soldiers to get injured guarding some stupid event due to citizens trying to protest, or otherwise contest it, and you will see it. All the cops and Guardsmen that have been out and dealing with riots and protests all year didn’t standby and watch it happen because they believe in the right to protest. They stood by because the were told to. Had they been told to end it, they would have.

John likes to hire or hang out with former military, to make himself feel like a badazz. And he talks out his bad azz.....

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Akbob5

John likes to hire or hang out with former military, to make himself feel like a badazz. And he talks out his bad azz.....

I am former Mil.

Just Sayin.

I got this today. It's funny.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 01/22/21.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I was an E5 in the 2nd Mar Div, and most certainly had PFCs and Lance Criminals tell me to "to pound sand" at times. When yelling and more PT didn't work the MPs got involved real quick, but it did happen. There are a LOT of undisciplined troops these days, or at least in my day in the mid 2000's.

Aside from that, I think a certain percentage of troops would follow orders to shoot protestors if such an order was given, but a bigger percentage would also hesitate if they weren't in immediate danger. I honestly don't know what the hell I would have done in that situation, but despite some lack of discipline most all Marines I served with had good enough judgment to decipher whether shooting into a crowd of Americans would've been a lawful order or not, and would have acted accordingly. I suspect most would have refused if they weren't actively being attacked because they are smart enough to decipher lawful orders from unlawful ones; and had balls enough to refuse the unlawful ones if those ever came (which I never saw happen).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I think the humiliation was deliberate. To show them they are beneath the ruling class liberals. And they need to do what they're fugging told.

You put your finger on it.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't think I knew anyone who I served with during my reserve/guard time complain about having to sleep on concrete for the night...
Lord knows I've done it multiple times....dirt was normally softer....

As far as shooting non violent citizens, if I would have discharged a weapon, it would have been way over their heads with something as a back stop if at all possible... but I was never put in that situation....

If you were in that type of duty in Portland or Seattle and were given that order, while antifa or BLM was running wild and doing what they do...
then if ordered to shoot, what would you do then?

but hey, my main job was medical.... I signed up to patch people up instead of shooting them.... but I'd have had no issue using my weapon on people who were not Americans, or were a threat to my nation.....or our citizens...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
There will be a false flag type event in the near future to try to turn the military against the right or Trump supporters. It could be as simple as seeding a right wing protest with arm leftists and having them fire on law enforcement triggering a return fire. Whatever it is it will be more than it seems.

I still think leftist agitators played a role in inciting the Jan 6th errection.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
There will be a false flag type event in the near future to try to turn the military against the right or Trump supporters. It could be as simple as seeding a right wing protest with arm leftists and having them fire on law enforcement triggering a return fire. Whatever it is it will be more than it seems.

I still think leftist agitators played a role in inciting the Jan 6th errection.

Bb

Once this is done it will be all out war. Trump supporters are tire of being [bleep] on. It will not take much. People in this country are sick of democrats lying and trying to make this communist country. They will act soon with or without trump. Trump is not needed anymore the people are wake and mad.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 01/23/21.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If you are in the Military and you think its your job to protect corrupt politicians, get out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have served with deployed Guardsmen many, many, many times and I have never seen any of them given ammo while stateside.

Not once.

Their comprehension of the Fourth Amendment was somewhere between 1 or 2 out of 10. Maybe. They are usually a presence and nothing more. They do not go hands on and they sure as fugk don't arrest anybody.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Our daughter is in the UT Nat Guard. She was released from the callup yesterday. She said they were each issued 300 rounds. She said that they were sweating whether they would be required to use them against Americans. As it happened, the protests where she was consisted of fewer than 20 people.

Gitdafugkouttahere with this schit.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Good to see ya posting.

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 01/23/21.

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I think the humiliation was deliberate. To show them they are beneath the ruling class liberals. And they need to do what they're fugging told.

You put your finger on it.

No doubt about it!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by deflave
I have served with deployed Guardsmen many, many, many times and I have never seen any of them given ammo while stateside.

Not once.

Their comprehension of the Fourth Amendment was somewhere between 1 or 2 out of 10. Maybe. They are usually a presence and nothing more. They do not go hands on and they sure as fugk don't arrest anybody.

So they don't qualify with live rounds..Just ask'n..

Lol

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by logcutter

Not once.

Lol

I’ve never seen one qualify so couldn’t say.

But I have seen them deployed, and they weren’t given 300 rounds.

LOL

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So the over 9000 deployed to Vietnam were without ammo..Humm..No wonder so many died..

Thanks for the update on the national guard and empty firearms..

Confused lol

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Mike Slabaugh remembers a patrol in April 1969, when he traded positions with another member of the unit — a guy named Bob Smith.

"He wasn't there for 20 seconds, he got shot in the head," Slabaugh says. "And uh, we carried him to the chopper and gave him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but it was — he was gone."

Four men from his unit, including Smith, died during the year they saw combat. Their guard unit was one of the most decorated of the war: Its soldiers earned 19 Silver Stars, among the military's highest awards for valor.

Confused and dazed..LOL

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Logcutter, stop while you're "ahead".
Just stop.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter

Not once.

Lol

There's a big difference.

NG isn't allowed or ordered to shoot wetbacks.

NG IS allowed to shoot conservatives.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It's no secret that the National Guard played a large role in the war on terror. Guard and Reserve units made up about 45 percent of the total force sent to Iraq and Afghanistan, and received about 18.4 percent of the casualties.

LOL

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,684
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.