Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Always tell them I don't carry cash.

I tell them to fugk off.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw a miserable looking retch sitting on the sidewalk with a pan out and not bothering anyone. I gave him $20. A gift is just that, a gift, given with no expectation or judgement of the receiver. It's not your issue they make bad decisions. Give from your heart, expect nothing in return. But attempt to avoid the scammers.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I gave to a buck to one once. He was either really crying or damn good at faking it.

It was at a stoplight on a windy day in one of the busiest intersections in town. The hand off didn't go as planned and the dollar bill blew out into the intersection. That dude ran straight out into traffic and almost got ran over and caused a pile up. Ooops! lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

One evening in about 2002 I was headed West down Fairview Ave in Boise going to work the night shift. The sun was blinding right in my eyes when I heard thump thump thump and saw an explosion of feathers. Through the rear view truck mirror I could see mallards tumbling down the road behind me.

I pulled into a parking lot and got out and checked my new truck for damage then headed back to see if I needed to put down some wounded ducks. Traffic had slowed to almost a stop and people were standing in the road around them crying and carrying on. As I went past with my window down one lady was crying histaricly and yelling he didn't even stop, we need to find him and put him in prison.

I just kept rolling figuring it probably wasn't a good time to get out and demonstrate the circle snap neck breaking duck finishing technique. Birds can pit people against each other.

Bb

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

We have a "Veteran" who hangs at Wal-Mart.
People actually give him burgers or money!
A poor community of underpaid, hard working
People, almost all Republican, and they give HIM handouts!

i've seen that guy at the bedford wally and wondered where the fugg did he come from. never saw that anywhere else in bedford county. hand him an application to that pig farm south of everett.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
There was a guy at I think, USC , did his MASTERS thesis on panhandling....
80s or early 90s

He did quite the study. who is to approach; what kind of eye contact depending on who. And he did it himself....$400 a short shift at times. Walking up to BMWs at a long light and keeping eye contact ......window goes down 1/4” and a $20 appears

In LA if there are trees in a clover leaf where two roads cross, there are bums living there.

In the morning NoOne was begging......most worked the afternoon rush hour....2:00 till they had enough.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
One time a fellow asked me for money because he was starving and hadn't eaten in a couple days. I told him I wouldn't give him cash, but I'd buy him some food from the near by store, and he had to think about it for a few minutes. If you're hungry,you don't have to think about such things. I did end up buying him a meal, after he thought for a while... He never asked me again and I saw him a few times after that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

We have a "Veteran" who hangs at Wal-Mart.
People actually give him burgers or money!
A poor community of underpaid, hard working
People, almost all Republican, and they give HIM handouts!

i've seen that guy at the bedford wally and wondered where the fugg did he come from. never saw that anywhere else in bedford county. hand him an application to that pig farm south of everett.

He has had the McDonald's Help Wanted sign point out to him several times!
Hell, Wal-Mart was begging for people at $12/hour.
Ever notice his dog.
Ain't neither one of them missing a meal.
His dog is in great shape and well kept.
Good for him on that.
But it doesn't help his desperation story.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Always tell them I don't carry cash.

I tell them to fugk off.

Same here.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We were headed over hiway 2 in eastern Washington on our way to my in laws house and stopped for a burger at good roadside burger joint. A short old Mexican man in his Vaquero hat came up to me and in broken English asked if I had any money I could give him so he could pay the bus fare to Wenatchee. I noticed that we were close to the bus stop so that added up and since he walked a good way to get over to me and I’m not exactly approachable or screaming “come talk to me”..... he could see that I was a good ol’ boy and showed me his recently stamped green card. He said he goes back and forth on the bus to get his card stamped to stay legal. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and admired his efforts and dedication. That tanned face and deep dark eyes had traveled far and seen a lot, that face was not afraid of hard work or a guy twice his size so I gave him $10, shook his hand and bid him vaya con Dios with a smile.

If I know that I can truly help someone I will.

I evaluate each response individually and based upon the situation at the time.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ringworm
Thanks dik.
You just made it harder for the rest of us to enjoy Assville.
Dumbchits like you are why you can't even sit in the park on Sunday in Asheville.

Sir, I see that you are a Son of the South. As such, even though you are ill-mannered, you are a Man of Honor.
And as an insult to my integrity, this matter must be settled on the Field of Honor.
Which is, of course, the Island in the French Broad River.
This will be settled at the crack of dawn two days hence. Of course, my second will contact your second.
Naturally, choice of weapons will be yours.

post script:

I suggest that you get your affairs in order.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by ringworm
Thanks dik.
You just made it harder for the rest of us to enjoy Assville.
Dumbchits like you are why you can't even sit in the park on Sunday in Asheville.

Sir, I see that you are a Son of the South. As such, even though you are ill-mannered, you are a Man of Honor.
And as an insult to my integrity, this matter must be settled on the Field of Honor.
Which is, of course, the Island in the French Broad River.
This will be settled at the crack of dawn two days hence. Of course, my second will contact your second.
Naturally, choice of weapons will be yours.

post script:

I suggest that you get your affairs in order.

Lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What I've noticed here is the majority of panhandlers are White and some blacks. Think I've only ever seen a couple of mescan ones.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
We were headed over hiway 2 in eastern Washington on our way to my in laws house and stopped for a burger at good roadside burger joint. A short old Mexican man in his Vaquero hat came up to me and in broken English asked if I had any money I could give him so he could pay the bus fare to Wenatchee. I noticed that we were close to the bus stop so that added up and since he walked a good way to get over to me and I’m not exactly approachable or screaming “come talk to me”..... he could see that I was a good ol’ boy and showed me his recently stamped green card. He said he goes back and forth on the bus to get his card stamped to stay legal. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and admired his efforts and dedication. That tanned face and deep dark eyes had traveled far and seen a lot, that face was not afraid of hard work or a guy twice his size so I gave him $10, shook his hand and bid him vaya con Dios with a smile.

What a bunch of simpering twats. Feed the homeless to the hungry.

#enablerssukandDarwinwasright.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 01/24/21.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

One evening in about 2002 I was headed West down Fairview Ave in Boise going to work the night shift. The sun was blinding right in my eyes when I heard thump thump thump and saw an explosion of feathers. Through the rear view truck mirror I could see mallards tumbling down the road behind me.

I pulled into a parking lot and got out and checked my new truck for damage then headed back to see if I needed to put down some wounded ducks. Traffic had slowed to almost a stop and people were standing in the road around them crying and carrying on. As I went past with my window down one lady was crying histaricly and yelling he didn't even stop, we need to find him and put him in prison.

I just kept rolling figuring it probably wasn't a good time to get out and demonstrate the circle snap neck breaking duck finishing technique. Birds can pit people against each other.

Bb

We have one or two by our place but they're never a problem.

If they were I think I'd have the same accident you had.

Once a week.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

For sure.

Not to mention, they don't stamp green cards and they haven't been green since the late 70's.

LOL

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

For sure.

Not to mention, they don't stamp green cards and they haven't been green since the late 70's.

LOL

No schit, beat me to it.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.