Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So I just had a thought...
Impeachment is a check on the power of a sitting president.
The result of impeachment (actions/penalties thereafter) were specifically limited to prevent the use of impeachment as a political tool.

(Step 1) The congress can vote to remove the President from office. (If the President has completed their term action 1 cannot be taken and the process is dead I the water.)

(Step 2) if they vote to remove the President, then the have the option of taking the further step of barring the removed president from holding office in the future.

Since the process is dead in the water once the President completes his term, the only way that the process could continue is if the Senate accepts that there was election fraud and that President Trump is the rightfully sitting president, and that the installed administration is illegitimate.

So what Mitch and Chuck are saying is that President Trump is the Rightfully sitting President. And the battle to exonerated him(McConnell), or discredit him (Schumer) continues.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Pretty deep right there. Too bad our "elected" officials come from the shallow end of the gene pool.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Constitution, Rules, Laws, Morals , Ethics and Honesty have no place in the Persecution of Donald J Trump and his family.

Last edited by steve4102; 01/24/21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As I understand some reports I have heard, Roberts has told Piglosi and Chucky that they cannot have a trial, because it is unconstitutional to try to impeach a citizen, which is what Trump is. Don't think they are very happy with that news.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deltakid
As I understand some reports I have heard, Roberts has told Piglosi and Chucky that they cannot have a trial, because it is unconstitutional to try to impeach a citizen, which is what Trump is. Don't think they are very happy with that news.

Links?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Alan Dershowitz was just on Newsmax's Mike Huckaby's show, and he said Trump should not mount a defense in the Senate at all. He said that the action of the House and Senate is in violation of the constitution. He suggested that Trump should challenge the Senate's authority in court. He said it would likely go to the Supreme Court and Trump should win, since the Senate has no authority to try a private citizen.

Newsmax has also reported that CJ Roberts has stated that if the trial takes place after Trump is no longer in office, he would not want to preside over the trial. I imagine that is for two reasons. 1. It is not constitutional and 2. He may have to rule on the Senate's authority to try a private citizen if Trump go the rout of the courts.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Keep an eye on what Justice Roberts does. As to the Constitutionality of this proceeding (moving forward)

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dershowitz has a 35 minute podcast on the topic at Rumble.com dated 1/16/21
The pull down menu (three horizontal lines) at the top left leads to "dershow" then look for 1/16 " Can the Senate Try Private Citizen Trump"

-OMotS

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Dershowitz has a 35 minute podcast on the topic at Rumble.com dated 1/16/21
The pull down menu (three horizontal lines) at the top left leads to "dershow" then look for 1/16 " Can the Senate Try Private Citizen Trump"

Cruz offers another perspective on the Joe Page show. But realize Cruz may want to run again in 2024.

-OMotS

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,386
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.