Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
when I need one item I would rather use amazon and not drive 40 miles one way to get to a store that I called and some bozo said they had it, and you know the rest, gas alone making that trip is 12-15 dollars, yep I know I drive a truck that doesn't get very good mileage, the truck seat is the only one I can sit in for any length of time and not be crippled up when I get out

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I recently needed an adapter to go from a generator plug in to a stick welder cord. Drove all over locally, spent half a day, gas, and lunch looking, missing $500 worth of work in the process. Got home that night and ordered delivered to my door for $21.

That's pretty rough.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FWIW I deleted my FB account last week as well, gives me more time to hang out here with the rest of the Savage folks I figure.

Rich

"Dying ain't much of a living, Boy." Josey Wales
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Never had farce book and Never will!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Come on guys. Why get into a pissing contest over yet something else. The country is divided and divided it will stay. Something we all need to get used to. Everyone has an opinion and mine is the only one that matters to me. You wonder why some of the old contributors seem to be absent. This is a good example why.

Very well said. Even all of us with mostly the same interests and passions find reasons to complain about each other.
Thanks for posting this,
Ed

Last edited by 06hunter59; 01/25/21. Reason: Grammar
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Come on guys. Why get into a pissing contest over yet something else. The country is divided and divided it will stay. Something we all need to get used to. Everyone has an opinion and mine is the only one that matters to me. You wonder why some of the old contributors seem to be absent. This is a good example why.

Very well said. Even all of us with mostly the same interests and passions find reasons to complain about each other.
Thanks for posting this,
Ed

Actually, only some of "us" complain. Often. Not contributing anything positive only negative and then complaining about the forum. Is someone's camera broken? They can't remember where to find their safe so they can pull something out and have a discussion about it? Are they broken? Why put it on someone else, just jump in and discuss and quit complaining. It'd be a win for everyone, especially the complainer.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
FB coulda/shoulda/woulda been a great thing. Censorship is killing it. If not for being a good venue for keeping up with family shenanigans, old classmates, etc. I would've left there long ago. The gun groups I belong to there have grown to astounding numbers of participants and have long since lost the intimacy, for lack of a better term, that we all enjoy here.

I wouldn't be surprised if FB fades away sometime in the future. I'm hearing an awful lot of grumbling about it from all angles. Lord Zuckerberg is shooting himself in the foot by trying to be an omniscient, thought controlling, little god.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did the same. It was a great way to share photos and such with family and friends but it became a time consuming drain and the politics made it so I quit sharing anything.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the guy who founded it admitted after selling it for a fortune that he invented it to waste people's time. Wasting time is not my thing.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Ah, c'mon David! Wasting a little time now and then is good for the soul! I've found in this man's world that guys who are constantly at 100% alert and never take a break can become tiresome to the folks around them. (Not saying that's you, I don't know you well enough to say that. I'm speaking in generalities.)

We as humans are surrendering a lot of our intellect to The Machine. Witness the omniscience of the mobile phone now with all of its amazing capabilities. When was the last time you worked a map and compass? The last time you solved a mathematical problem with pencil and paper? I could go on and on but you catch my drift. We are purposely softening our brains while creating increased dependence on The Machine- the Dumbing Down of America results as we steadily lose our capacity for rational decision making and cognitive thought.

We old farts are more immune to this in large part due to having lived in an analog world most of our lives. The youngsters wouldn't know analog if it bit them on the ass, and it shows in the world around us.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So that's why some people find me to be a bore. Sorry, I have a book to write and a 1934 Ford hot rod to build. No time to waste on the boring drivel from the likes of facebook who now deletes anything that might compromise left wing propaganda. My wife had a post criticizing Emperor Biden deleted within a few seconds of posting it.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gnoahh, I was talking to my wife the other day about such simple things as kids not growing up and playing cards, dominoes or cribbage. You don't think about it but those simple games created people who can do arithmetic in their heads and solve problems. Video games do it for you.

Facebook has also created a generation of people who have become accustomed to talking crap about people without the possible repercussion of getting punched in the mouth and that shows in our society too. Our society was a lot more civil when you had to answer for your actions.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My wife has a facebook acct,mostly because of her art students! we both hate their policy of stifiling conservative speech !!!!! mad mad I have never been on the savage 99 facebook page, i can get along fine right here. I do go to the Sterling truck collectors sight,since thats the place they are but i only check in once in a while.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Closed my Facebook account a month ago. I'm not going to support that dweeb little bastard. BTW doesn't Zuckyberg look like a penis wearing a 3 Stooges wig?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

I didn’t post on Facebook much but the Savage 99 Facebook page was very informative and had tons of great info. Lots of members. However, I cannot agree with their business practices of political censorship so as a result, I deleted my FB account for good.

I guess I will have to get my info from the last few holdouts here. smile

Take care...
RAS

I have done the same Jeff.

You know what? Don't miss it. I know I can contact any one I need to in many other ways.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

I didn’t post on Facebook much but the Savage 99 Facebook page was very informative and had tons of great info. Lots of members. However, I cannot agree with their business practices of political censorship so as a result, I deleted my FB account for good.

I guess I will have to get my info from the last few holdouts here. smile

Take care...
RAS

I have done the same Jeff.

You know what? Don't miss it. I know I can contact any one I need to in many other ways.

Jim,

I can just text you. smile

God bless brother. Be safe.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
The same to you my friend and your family!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When I was a kid we had this thing called a "boob tube." Any of you guys have one? They are still around and quite popular in their modern flat sceen format. The thing is that people have been recognizing and criticizing this path of mindlessness we've been following for nearly 70-years. And all that we have today is no more than the boob tube raised to the Nth degree with access to the the internet via social media and smart phones. But all along the way, the thing has had a cleaver little device that allowed each and everyone of us to liberate ourselves from the endless foolishness. And that device is called the off switch. I have a FB account but I find my life of little merit to bother telling anyone about it. Such is the way in which FB works. I seek no followers nor look for someone to follow, to speak in the lexicon in which Zuckerburg has set up for his "brain child." But I've always known it works with an off switch and I've always known that if it grew to the point of irritation then it was my own damn fault for not turning the damn thing off. And that action needs no ceremony nor advertising on social media. Its just minor yet significant action we can do for ourselves as responsible adults should the thing become a problem in our daily lives.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
The boob tube.....oh yeah we had one of those. Us kids, we were the remote control........ha ha

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by diamondjim
The boob tube.....oh yeah we had one of those. Us kids, we were the remote control........ha ha

Yeah, we were that too as well as the built in kitchen dishwasher. But the tube also taught me an important lesson about advertising. And that was whenever it came on it was time to tend to nature's call. Flush! And because of that today I tend not to look at adverts on the internet. They just make me want to s....!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,298
Posts18,525,904
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.