Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
"If you'd like to have a nice view while you're eating a nice dinner, try the Cliff House in SF...."

Cliff House has been recommended by a coworker as well, but I'll probably be too broke for a $12 cheeseburger by the time I get to SF.

"Once you get to the Bay Area,get an In and Out Burger.

You'll thank me later......"

Also recommended by others and will be more agreeable to my budget, I'm sure.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
GB1

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
One more vote for Crarinny's at Noyo, but I would go for their fish and chips or any of their pasta.

Just north in Ft. Bragg Roundman's Smokehouse is the best butchershop and smoked foods place ever. You owe it to yourself to stock each of a beach and a redwoods picnic from this shop.

A bit out of your way but the Capetown area on the CA Lost Coast is very scenic with very little development, unlike most of the coast.

Fireplug

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good places mentioned, and I can vouch for the barbecue place in Sequim, Fat Smitties at Discovery Bay if you go that way, etc. I'll add a few.

If you go via 101 down Hood Canal, then just after you cross the Hamma Hamma River Bridge, about 200 yards south on the left is a place set back off the road that sells seafood, oysters, etc. They have great crab cocktails etc. but the reason for stopping is their Lemon Pepper smoked salmon. I would (and have) driven 100 miles out of my way to buy some. The memory of it is making me drool on my keyboard.

Down the Oregon Coast, stop at Tillimook Sporting Goods. You will ride right in front of it, north end of Tillamook. Great sporting goods store and their house rods are a terrific quality for much less than name brand equals. The Tillamook Creamery is worth a stop for ice cream, also only 100 yards out of your way.

Like HG, my wife and I love the Oregon coast in winter during storms, without tourists. We have to get a fix once in awhile.

Approaching Depoe Bay, maybe three miles north of it, you will pass Boiler Bay on your right and a restaurant with a fabulous view. The place was being renovated my last trip down there a few months ago so new owners may have it. Breakfast used to be excellent and the view is fabulous. Farther south, Yachats has a great view restaurant, again I've only had breakfast there, set over the mouth of a big creek where it enters salt water, on the south end of (the very small) town.

Sounds like a beautiful trip, and you are braver than I am to share those roads with motorhomes, boat trailers and logging trucks. Have a greaat time and tell us the best spots you find.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you like Italian, you might consider stopping by for a bite at Fior d'Italia in SF. http://www.fior.com/index.html

I haven't been there, but would if I was in the area. They advertise in the CA Rifle & Pistol Association's monthly.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Grundmans in Rio Del. Nice old gun shop. Samoa Cookhouse in Samoa(accross the bay from Eureka). There is a museumin Eureka that has or had a gun collection. Stop by Rocky"s barber shop (E between 3rd and 4th in Eureka) and say hi (Bro-inlaw). Any of the old highway roads that pass through the redwoods. Garberville is the pot capital of southern Humboldt.Jediah-Smith stste park north of Crecent City, the Smith river runs through it and is very nice. But may be a few miles off US 101. Light house at Trinidad.
Allan

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1234, 67 invisible), 16,956 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,189
Posts18,543,388
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.