-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
OP Offline
G
I was offered a RCBS electronic scale, the model name is powder pro. It is in minty shape, 5 years old and the price is $100.-.
Since there are a lot of cheaply made powder scales on the market that are also very sensitive to electronic interference and that give inconsistent results, I wonder if any of you have particular experience with this model.
Is the price right?
Your input is appreciated.
Thanks

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I own one, works great, doesn't drift and always maintains calibration.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Gyrfalcon
I was offered a RCBS electronic scale, the model name is powder pro. It is in minty shape, 5 years old and the price is $100.-.
Since there are a lot of cheaply made powder scales on the market that are also very sensitive to electronic interference and that give inconsistent results, I wonder if any of you have particular experience with this model.
Is the price right?
Thanks

The price is great. What a lot of guys never figure out is that you can't use your electronic powder dispenser on the same bench that your press is mounted on, if your press moves the bench at all. The quickest fix for 80% of the problems I've seen with guys using them is moving them to a different surface other than the one their press is mounted on. The other less common problem that I've seen is using them in a too-cold room and not letting them "warm up". Again, easily fixed. I think the "electronic interference" thing is overblown to the point of being a non-issue. Don't put the measure on a shaky bench, and don't try to operate it cold.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Gyrfalcon
Is the price right?
Thanks

The price is great. What a lot of guys never figure out is that you can't use your electronic powder dispenser on the same bench that your press is mounted on, if your press moves the bench at all. The quickest fix for 80% of the problems I've seen with guys using them is moving them to a different surface other than the one their press is mounted on. The other less common problem that I've seen is using them in a too-cold room and not letting them "warm up". Again, easily fixed. I think the "electronic interference" thing is overblown to the point of being a non-issue. Don't put the measure on a shaky bench, and don't try to operate it cold.

+1

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,934 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,365
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.