Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/paul-visit-state-legislatures-election-laws

Rand Paul vows to visit 'every state legislature' over the next two years in bid to fix elections laws
by Michael Lee | | January 24, 2021 04:27 PM

Sen. Rand Paul vowed to go to “every state legislature” over the next two years in a bid to fix election laws, despite what he said were Democrat and media denials that problems exist.

“Partisan Democrats in the media think they can get away with just calling Republicans liars because they don’t agree with us,” the Kentucky Republican said on Twitter. “I voted to certify the electors and seat the new President. It’s not about that anymore. They won’t even admit there is election fraud and want to pretend nothing happened.”

Paul then said he would work with legislatures across the country to promote more secure election laws.

“That’s why I’ll spend the next two years going to every state legislature trying to fix the laws, protect our vote and stop election fraud,” Paul said.

Partisan Democrats in the media think they can get away with just calling Republicans liars because they don’t agree with us. Watch me stand up to one here: https://t.co/nwmEoAJ5zt

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) January 24, 2021
That’s why I’ll spend the next two years going to every state legislature trying to fix the laws, protect our vote and stop election fraud.

Paul included a clip of his interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on Sunday, with the two clashing over whether or not fraud had an impact on the results of the 2020 presidential election.

While Stephanopoulos said that there was no evidence to support former President Donald Trump’s claim that widespread election fraud cost him the election, Paul argued that there was lawlessness by state legislatures that warranted further investigation.

“There were several states in which the law was changed by the secretary of state and not the state legislature,” Paul said in response to Stephanopoulos asking if Paul “accepted” that the election wasn’t stolen from Trump. “To me, those are clearly unconstitutional and I think there is still a chance that those actually do finally work their way up to the Supreme Court.”

Paul pointed specifically to Pennsylvania, where changes to state election law without the legislature's consent led to controversy in what turned out to be a narrow win for President Biden in the state.

“I accepted the state certifications,” Paul continued. “But it doesn’t mean that I think that there wasn’t fraud, and that there weren’t problems that have to be investigated and it doesn’t mean that the law wasn’t broken. I believe in Pennsylvania they broke the law, and I believe that if that would ever get a real hearing in the Supreme Court. … I do believe that the Supreme Court would overrule and say that they did break the law.”

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll bet he gets it all straightened out so that voting matters again by 2022. Rand to the rescue. Superman will change the "S" on his shirt to an "R" before its all done.

.... like tears in the rain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Go Rand.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
I'll bet he gets it all straightened out so that voting matters again by 2022. Rand to the rescue. Superman will change the "S" on his shirt to an "R" before its all done.

Well nodamnedbody else seems to be willing to smack the giant elephant in the room so Go Rand

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tyler Durdin.
50 cities in 700 days.
The first rule of Rand Club is...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wish he wouldve slapped Stephanie out his chair

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rand is a dickhead. Where was he the last four years before THIS election? Where was he when Trump needed him? He was not in favor of overturning this election. Rand can KMA.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any conservative ought to join him.

It needs to become a movement.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While he has good intentions; how many states are even gonna listen to him and/or cooperate with him?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
At least he's doing something. The rest of the Rinos are just sucking their thumbs.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
At least he's doing something. The rest of the Rinos are just sucking their thumbs.

This^^^^

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If he was serious he would have done something other than to vote to certify Biden then look to fix it later.
He also condemned President Trump for the Antifa Break in at the Capital.

Political posturing designed to "Save The Party" and nothing more.

He knows the Republican Party is done for, not just because they suck, but they do not have control of Dominion,

He is like all the others, just a different cheek on the same ass.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

He's doing something alright. He's running for President in 2024, and this is the start. He wanted Trump completely out of the way.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Does he actually think that the solid blue legislatures in a few big states are going to reform what worked for them this time? He's delusional.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by windridge

He's doing something alright. He's running for President in 2024, and this is the start. He wanted Trump completely out of the way.

We'll see how he votes should impeachment come down the line.

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by windridge

Good. I hope he does.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Does he actually think that the solid blue legislatures in a few big states are going to reform what worked for them this time? He's delusional.

Not just solid Blue, but Republican controled like GA and PA.

And no he does not believe it any more than you or I do, he is a politician first and an American last.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stephanopoulos is a partisan idiot

I think the only place that looked at/listened to evidence was the state legislatures that Rudy presented to.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Rand is a dickhead. Where was he the last four years before THIS election? Where was he when Trump needed him? He was not in favor of overturning this election. Rand can KMA.

What did he not do in the last 4 years that hurt Trump?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
He wants to be first in line as the 'people's' choice for GOP presidential candidate '24... gotta make that noise, move that air around, look at me.

Kent

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 59 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,435
Posts18,470,821
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.