Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Why rely on others to do what we'll have to do ourselves. If the elected people in my area turn tail and run does that mean I'm not able to do something about the problem? I'm not being critical on anyone here but I see way too many people hoping someone else takes up our cause for us. Men we need to stand together or we won't stand at all. I've been in situations where one lone voice motivated many to do what they felt they couldn't get done. Be that voice. 56 men did that for us in 1776!

I agree, Jim. And because there is a lot of money on the line in terms of pensions and Federal funding, I don't trust Sheriffs anymore than other police.

Upton Sinclair said it well: "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many of the immigrants that will be here soon will be deputised in a Task Force . They will do the door to door seizures .

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Many of the immigrants that will be here soon will be deputised in a Task Force . They will do the door to door seizures .

Well that works out great! I’m excited.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The SCOTUS Heller decision everyone so highly praised included "reasonable restrictions" and will be used against the 2nd Amendment to the fullest.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Law enforcement & Military have us outnumbered 10-20 fold - so I vote we just give up now .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

X
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
X
No monitor, retired LEO...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ours stands behind us, us behind him.
He led the "charge" to Richmond for the rally.
Was going to deputize us all if needed.

In 2019 Scott made headlines by promising to deputize thousands of law-abiding citizens in the face of proposed unconstitutional gun control legislation. His principled stand, as well as his untiring commitment to protecting our Second Amendment, helped lead to the defeat of one of the most overreaching gun-control bills proposed by the Democrat Virginia legislature in the 2020 session. His fight for our God-given rights, as guaranteed by the Second Amendment, continues.

Very 2 A and just a great guy.
We're lucky while he's here.
An oddity in NOVA.

Sherriff Jenkins

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

That might not work out as well as they thought. lol

The "UN Peace keepers" projection was probably more accurate.

Camp is where you make it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Star /Eagle /Kuna stated there sanctuary cities,others are but don't talk about it..Nothing to talk about in my opinion...It's Idaho..lol

Not to worried personally...

Jayco 👍

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sheriffs take an oath to uphold and protect the Constitutions of their State and the Union. Chiefs are political appointees and serve at the pleasure of they Mayors.

Big difference and the People ought to hold them accountable.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by logcutter
Star /Eagle /Kuna stated there sanctuary cities,others are but don't talk about it..Nothing to talk about in my opinion...It's Idaho..lol

Jayco 👍

Sadly, you should. Look what's happened to Boise and the upper panhandle, and it's just starting.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Chiefs of Police and Sheriffs are politicians. They also receive big $$$$ from the Federal Govt. All Biden/Harris need to say to them is, "Get in step with us and do as we order you, or you'll not receive one penny from us for your department.
I think that is why it is key to take over the county commissioner, etc. positions. Make the County gov swear off Federal funding, make sure they answer to us and not DC.

You might be "Thin Blue Line" or you might be "ACAB", but the fact is that the police are only as good as who's in charge of them. Make sure it's us.

It ALL starts locally.

Not any more, it isn't. The feds have intruded into all aspects of our lives.

Don't expect LEO to do the Constitutional thing. It's a sad day.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Our county is a 2nd Amendment sanctuary. I don't think confiscation would go over very well.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
To paraphrase a line from a movie, there are certain sections of the country I'd advise them to not try this in.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by x2501
I think they’d be more amenable to Trump supporters if the MAGAs were not seen beating LEOs with Trump flags and fire extinguishers and dragging them down stairs of the Capitol...

If you actually believe this BS, and you are ex LEO, sounds like you will be volunteering to help disarm door to door?

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by windridge

Jayco 👍

Sadly, you should. Look what's happened to Boise and the upper panhandle, and it's just starting.

I agree with those places and how there changing but here in Central Idaho I feel confident there will be no issues 2nd amendment wise here in my lifetime..If so,so be it...It is what it is and each and everyone of us will have to deal with it as we see fit..We all have choices...

Jayco 👍

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I think is going to happen is that folks around the country are eventually going to have to decide if they want to do the same thing dope smokers did when dope was a felony everywhere or alcohol drinkers did during Prohibition.

Fwiw, my opinion is that Every Good Citizen should stringently obey every single law passed by our benevolent government because they know what's best for us.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by windridge

Jayco 👍

I agree with those places and how there changing but here in Central Idaho I feel confident there will be no issues 2nd amendment wise here in my lifetime..If so,so be it...It is what it is and each and everyone of us will have to deal with it as we see fit..We all have choices...

Jayco 👍

That's what I always thought about free and open Nevada. We're bluer than Bill Clinton's balls now.
smirk

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If they go through with the so called assault rifle ban /buy back/tax etc,there going to make criminals out of law abiding citizens...Then it will be up to the local law whether to enforce or ignore...

Jayco 👍

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If they go through with the so called assault rifle ban /buy back/tax etc,there going to make criminals out of law abiding citizens...Then it will be up to the local law whether to enforce or ignore...

Jayco 👍

Nope.

If it's a federal law our locals are out of the loop. BATF will ratchet up and be beating in doors.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,163
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.