Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by dale06
I believe the vaccinated, can still carry and transmit the virus, though the vaccinated will not or should not get the virus.
Thus the mask requirement.

That is very much up for debate at this point. Truth is, there are no studies yet that are conclusive, only conjecture. There is a lot of that around.

Much like the "if you've had it you are only good for a month before you lose the antibodies", which has now turned into 12 months.

Remind me how along the CHINA FLU has been around?

FJB & FJT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from haventee.com]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Read the whole back of the mask packaging that I was issued and forced to wear at work, to protect people from the deadliest virus on earth...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
As nearly as I can estimate, simple cloth masks are just about entirely useless, much like trying to stop mosquitos with a chain link fence. Disposable medical masks probably provide a little bit of protection. N95 masks probably do provide a moderately useful level of protection, though far from absolute.

So, for the most part, masks are a chicken squeezing exercise. What's that you say? Well, when egg production is down, you appoint someone to go around squeezing the chickens. It annoys the chickens, and it doesn't really help, but it allows you to say that you are "doing something about" lagging egg production.

Be not weary in well doing.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When forced I wear a polyester neck gaiter.
They don't chit but hey........it's considered a mask so

FJB & FJT
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My workplace requires us to wear a mask, they give us a bunch of the folded medical kinds. I complied with all the rules there and also when out in town, I still got Covid.

I think the masks help some, but not a whole lot. The mask police would have you believe you're going to die a certain death if you don't wear one, but you're perfectly safe if you do wear one. I think that's naïve.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
My workplace requires us to wear a mask, they give us a bunch of the folded medical kinds. I complied with all the rules there and also when going into business out in town, I still got Covid.

I think the masks help some, but not a whole lot. The mask police would have you believe you're going to die a certain death if you don't wear one, but you're perfectly safe if you do wear one. I think that's naïve.

You got COVID & lived to tell about it?

Gotta be fake news...

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Maybe the vaccinated could be identified somehow, perhaps a gold star attached to their outerwear.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Maybe the vaccinated could be identified somehow, perhaps a gold star attached to their outerwear.

Or
A tat on the forehead, maybe a M, P,JJ or AZ.......
That way if one or more of the so-called vaccines goes bad they'd be like a lepper.

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by efw

You got COVID & lived to tell about it?

Gotta be fake news...

My case was pretty mild, wasn't even a bad cold. I also know several people that have died from it.

I know the braintrust around here like crow about how it's just the flu and there's nothing to it unless you've got other health problems but they're wrong, one of them was a healthy 34 year old. I don't agree with the lockdowns and what's been done to the economy, but pretending there's nothing to it is dumb.

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I find these discussions to be both positively and negatively enlightening. I’m of the opinion that masks are as useless as tits on a bore. There are always comments about the effectiveness of masks. Is there any conclusive evidence that the Chinese virus is primarily airborne? If the evidence is there I’ve missed it and not because of a lack in looking.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
So far only about 400+ people have died out of several million doses. That is a very, very low percentage. It could also be from other reasons. Local hospital says the virus given is dead, but it causes your body to produce antibodies. Very similar to the flu or pneumonia vaccines. It may have to be given once a year like the flu vaccine due to mutations. The death rate is no worse than any other vaccine. My 88 year old mother gets hers tomorrow. She still drives and does volunteer work.

Your hospital misinformed you. There is no actual virus in any of the currently available Covid vaccines. Dead or otherwise.

The vaccine consists of genetically engineered particles which simulate a viral attack and cause the body to produce immunizing agents.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Well, as I understand it, the vaccine is nothing more than a mask for the symptoms.

Well said!

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So far only about 400+ people have died out of several million doses. That is a very, very low percentage. It could also be from other reasons. Local hospital says the virus given is dead, but it causes your body to produce antibodies. Very similar to the flu or pneumonia vaccines. It may have to be given once a year like the flu vaccine due to mutations. The death rate is no worse than any other vaccine. My 88 year old mother gets hers tomorrow. She still drives and does volunteer work.

Well, she can forget about having anymore babies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Done bit of reading on this (I used to be close to your position) but it is not actually a vaccine more like cold medicine that they inject. So:
This is more like Thera-flu killing 400+ people. Which is way more than the '90s Tylenol thing.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2

Manufacturing industries must have reason to believe the covid-19 "pandemic" will be with us for quite a while longer as they're big into mass producing face masks in all kinds of popular brand and designer names, colors, fabrics, patterns as well as all kinds of other covid-19 related products.

Lol...THAT is exactly why it is, and will be, with us. It's an industry. A very lucrative industry. When the Mexican Cartels get caught smuggling fake masks into the US...you know it's big money.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why don't you freedom loving whineyazz babies go without masks or vaccine. Just STFU and do your thing, what you think doesn't matter or don't you all get that ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Why don't you freedom loving whineyazz babies go without masks or vaccine. Just STFU and do your thing, what you think doesn't matter or don't you all get that ?

Because.gov and liberals won't let us live free

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by gunswizard

Because.gov and liberals won't let us live free

This. It's their plan to make life impossible for those who haven't been vaccinated.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by denton
As nearly as I can estimate, simple cloth masks are just about entirely useless, much like trying to stop mosquitos with a chain link fence. Disposable medical masks probably provide a little bit of protection. N95 masks probably do provide a moderately useful level of protection, though far from absolute.

So, for the most part, masks are a chicken squeezing exercise. What's that you say? Well, when egg production is down, you appoint someone to go around squeezing the chickens. It annoys the chickens, and it doesn't really help, but it allows you to say that you are "doing something about" lagging egg production.

Masks wearing helps limit transmission. An example is someone with BS for brains not wearing a mask when they have COVID without symptoms. Going to church and spreading it to others and some die.

Grandpa fought Fascists in WWII, Dad fought Communists in Vietnam. - American is meant for the middle.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.