Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some Sierra bullets cost over $50 per box??

Murphy was a grunt.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fremont

I seen other guys complaining about the cost of bullets on another forum I frequent. I'm stating the obvious here, but buckle up, we're going for a ride.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I think this would be a good time for those in the Larry Potterfield fan club to chime in..... Crickets.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Should be a very good deer bullet but I personally would like to have seen it in the 115 - 120gr range myself. Only time will tell once it gets out there and gets some field reports on game.

As for the price I don't understand why people complain about price because it's very simple, if you don't like the price then don't buy them, pretty simple solution. A friend of mine just ordered a couple hundred from the Sierra website I think for around $53 a box so thats probably the going price.

Surely not in the fanclub but as for Midway, i've been ordering from Midway for a long time and like their service and their prices are usually very competitive for the most part but I do shop around and if I find what I'm looking for cheaper then I'll buy somewhere else. Besides, Larry's got to pay for all those exotic hunts somehow lol ... Just kidding!

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
i will chime in on the Larry fan club...the market sets the price on most everything thats why guys are paying $100.00 dollars for 500 large rifle primers so if the price is not going to work for you dont buy it....my main point about midway is that i ordered something from them on Tuesday and it will be at my house on Saturday.....I ordered from two other outfits before that and they havent even got the product out of their facility yet so midway is doing something right.....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I think this would be a good time for those in the Larry Potterfield fan club to chime in..... Crickets.

This isn't a Larry issue, this is a market issue. Most of the blems Nosler has in stock are going for $30 to $50 per hundred, and Accubonds and Partitions going for $40.00 to $80.00 per hundred.

The only reason these are still in stock and not in the hands of some scalper is due to the price. Be happy Larry has them in stock for you if you choose to buy them. If not, that's your choice as well.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

This isn't a Larry issue, this is a market issue. Most of the blems Nosler has in stock are going for $30 to $50 per hundred, and Accubonds and Partitions going for $40.00 to $80.00 per hundred.

The only reason these are still in stock and not in the hands of some scalper is due to the price. Be happy Larry has them in stock for you if you choose to buy them. If not, that's your choice as well.

Where are you seeing Nosler blems in stock? I'm not too proud to buy at that price; I don't like it, but a bird in the hand......

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Per hundred?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sierra has always been known to bump prices 33-40% at a time. I quit buying Sierra anything when they dropped the pro-hunter 117 and their 52 match went from 90 bucks a 500 to 129.00 in one year. Plus the fact that powder valley put out a notice that Sierra was going up minimum 20% and most likely more. So I am not surprised.

Swifty
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Originally Posted by fremont

I seen other guys complaining about the cost of bullets on another forum I frequent. I'm stating the obvious here, but buckle up, we're going for a ride.

Yes. Yes we are. It’s not only about pricing what the market will bear, but the price of commodities, raw materials, and now labor have been going up. Biden’s first actions in office will most likely contribute to new inflation. It’s not just bullets.

I’m afraid we’re are indeed going for a ride in the near future.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well, it's laissez faire capitalism, as it should be. I dug out my Paypal history, I paid 32.49 for those bullets in October from Graf's...they are now 53.99. That is a 135% markup. Not bad. But several things have been suggested as to what caused this jump, materials increases, overtime, etc etc. But I think it's just plain old supply and demand. That said, there is scarcely a man on the fire that doesn't get pissed when a gas station jacks the price before the next delivery. Legal,yes...justified, maybe...ethical, no. Larry has the most successful internet sales business in the industry...and it's damn sure not my business to advise him on how to run it. But like you say, I don't have to buy from him.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by mathman

Per hundred?

Actually, that was a misprint, $60-80 per hundred. Of course they are selling them in boxes of 50, I just expressed the price per 100 to keep it the same as the product in the OP.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had hoped it would come out in a 115 grain or better yet 120 grain. As is it's just another 110 ELDX with a different colored tip. Perhaps the best bullet to my liking was the discontinued 257 120 grain Solid Base. Performed beautifully in my 25-06 for everything I shot. Even a couple bull elk over the years that surprised me when I hunting for mule deer.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Where are you seeing Nosler blems in stock? I'm not too proud to buy at that price; I don't like it, but a bird in the hand......

The only place you can buy them, ShootersProshop.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Nosler's Shooters Pro Shop has 3 types of bullets available right now....and 5 pages of " Out of Stock" Jan 29th, 10 AM Oregon time...

a bag of the 55 gr HPFB in 6mm are $16.95 per 100... then they had a bag of 270 cal Accubonds and some 9.3 cal somethings...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

The thing I like best about Midway is there are no guys with guns forcing me to order from them, threatening to shoot me or lock me in concrete-and-steel rape rooms, or demanding I pay prices I find too high. On the contrary, I can spend my money there as I will, and buy good deals when I find them, often with free shipping the last few years. Cool stuff. Too bad everything doesn't work that way.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well, it's laissez faire capitalism, as it should be. I dug out my Paypal history, I paid 32.49 for those bullets in October from Graf's...they are now 53.99. That is a 135% markup. Not bad. But several things have been suggested as to what caused this jump, materials increases, overtime, etc etc. But I think it's just plain old supply and demand. That said, there is scarcely a man on the fire that doesn't get pissed when a gas station jacks the price before the next delivery. Legal,yes...justified, maybe...ethical, no. Larry has the most successful internet sales business in the industry...and it's damn sure not my business to advise him on how to run it. But like you say, I don't have to buy from him.

PayPal at Graf's?

Hmmmm.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It was the $40 end that threw me.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Boomer, Is it a bad card? I don't know much about cards, I don't carry a negative balance but it pays 3 points on fuel, 2 points on ebay, and 1 point on other stuff. Better than my Amex, which not everybody accepts. Did you get your mill set up yet?

Last edited by flintlocke; 01/29/21.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

730 members (12344mag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 82 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,728
Posts18,494,782
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.