Hop To
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Hello 'smiths.

What is a fair price for barrels services:
cutting a mossberg 500 barrel (from 28 to 18-20ish) and having screw in choke installed (accuchoke, to match existing tubes for other mossbergs).

Additionally, having a front ramp with dovetail brazed or otherwise added so that I can match the front site to the existing rear peep aperture.

Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have a look at Briley’s services online for an idea. Have boxed up a couple sxs barrels to send them as budget allows. IIRC, will be around $200/barrel; you’ll have to double check. Can’t speak as to the front sight, but they’d likely quote you a rough estimate.

You’ll know it was done right, anyway, which is often the question with shotgun barrel work.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Have a look at Briley’s services online for an idea. Have boxed up a couple sxs barrels to send them as budget allows. IIRC, will be around $200/barrel; you’ll have to double check. Can’t speak as to the front sight, but they’d likely quote you a rough estimate.

You’ll know it was done right, anyway, which is often the question with shotgun barrel work.

Briley's is about the most expensive... and likely the best.

I used to like a guy out of Amhearst Mass...would not use him on a bet again...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Why not just buy a Mossberg 20" barrel with the rifle sights already installed? That's what I did to make a compact turkey gun from my 500. The "Undertaker" ported choke tube drops gobblers DRT out to about 50 yards.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by sandcritter

Briley's is about the most expensive... and likely the best.

I used to like a guy out of Amhearst Mass...would not use him on a bet again...

I have read of Mike's problems. Personal experience?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You might also chat with NECG.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I don’t know how handy you are, but 4d reamer rentals has the reamer and tap to do it yourself easily. I rented it once to do 4 870 barrels. For one it might still be cheaper to hire it done though.

M
MOW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Hello,

Not sure of the cost, but I had Rose Action Sports shorten barrels, thread for chokes, lengthen & polish forcing cones and fit recoil pads for me. Work has always been excellent and quick turn around time. You can send them an email asking for a quote on the work you want to be performed. I think their costs are inline with what other quality gunsmiths are charging.

https://roseactionsports.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had Carlsons's but and re-choke a Bennelli for me a few years back. I don't recall the price, but it was certainly less than Briley. lol

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,734 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,985
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.