Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Reed has the worst reputation on tour. Somebody like Koepka is going to beat his ass one day on live TV.

Koepka could kick some ass. Built like a brick schit house.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Ole Hand Wedge was put into play........

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yes...winter rules.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I heard rory did the same thing on the 18th hole and he didn't even bother asking a rules official.

As much as I hate Reed, he did nothing wrong here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by killerv
I heard rory did the same thing on the 18th hole and he didn't even bother asking a rules official.

Rory also unequivocally said that his ball was embedded. Reed didn’t say that, moved the ball, hunched over the ball, fiddle phuqued around with his fingers in the ground, then asked the official his opinion.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Reed has the worst reputation on tour. Somebody like Koepka is going to beat his ass one day on live TV.

My money would be on Reed.

He plays dirty.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Rory also unequivocally said that his ball was embedded. Reed didn’t say that, moved the ball, hunched over the ball, fiddle phuqued around with his fingers in the ground, then asked the official his opinion.

What did the official say?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

My money would be on Reed.

He plays dirty.

Interesting theory...I will admit.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

He didn’t ask one because he want trying to finagle a ruling. He just walked up and saw that his ball was embedded.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He didn’t ask one because he want trying to finagle a ruling. He just walked up and saw that his ball was embedded.

No really.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

No really.

He didn’t ask one.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

That’s what you clearly don’t understand about golf. Players are expected to police themselves and call penalties on themselves. It ain’t basketball, the officials don’t determine if there are fouls or if a player touched the inbounds line. The player is expected to call that on himself. Officials are there more for rules clarifications, they are not there to make calls as to situations like that. If there is enough of a question that Reed felt he needed an official to verify it, then he should have played it where it was.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

That’s what you clearly don’t understand about golf. Players are expected to police themselves and call penalties on themselves. It ain’t basketball, the officials don’t determine if there are fouls or if a player touched the inbounds line. The player is expected to call that on himself. Officials are there more for rules clarifications, they are not there to make calls as to situations like that. If there is enough of a question that Reed felt he needed an official to verify it, then he should have played it where it was.

LOL

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

LOL

You don’t have to like it. But that’s the standard that will see Reed get an actual real live beat down on the course one of these days. Koepka has already pretty much promised one.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/01/21.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You don’t have to like it. But that’s the standard that will see Reed get an actual real live beat down on the course one of these days. Koepka has already pretty much promised one.

LOL

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

It's amusing the twists and turns guys make in an attempt to make their delusions match the facts. And then you ironically refer to people being expected to police themselves.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

It's amusing the twists and turns guys make in an attempt to make their delusions match the facts. And then you ironically refer to people being expected to police themselves.

In golf, you’re expected to call the penalty on yourself or to play the bad lie if there is question. It’s acceptable to ask your partners an opinion, but if you get to the point that your unsure enough about something like as to call an official, you should just play it as it lies.

Here is how a PGA golfer is expected handle a situation like that:

Darren Clarke’s act of sportsmanship at yesterday’s Nissan Irish Open earned him huge respect from players, officials and golf fans around the world. Even so, the big Irishman brushed it off as merely confirming golf’s great integrity and reputation for self-policing.

Leading the field by two strokes (when played was halted on Sunday because heavy had waterlogged the course), Clarke returned to the spot on the nine hole where his ball had landed in deep rough after a wayward drive.

Before abandonning his ball on Sunday – it’s place marked by officials – he had decided he would chip it back on to the fairway when play resumed.

However, when he got there hours later on Monday, he found the area, where he would have to make a replacement dropped into a poor lie, transformed into a reasonable one. Grass had been trampled and the ball was now exposed. If he chose to, he could just about reach the green.

Officials (and even chief referee Andy McFee) agreed that he was within his rights to play it as it lie and take advantage of some benevolent golf fans’ decision to improve the ball’s position in the newly flattened grass.

But Clarke said he could not afford for the game’s integrity to be compromised in such away, so stuck with his previous decision to chip out on to the fairway. The decision effectively cost him a bogey five and ultimately the title he longed to win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...c-how-clarke-showed-his-class/4661%3famp

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

In golf, you’re expected to call the penalty on yourself or to play the bad lie if there is question. It’s acceptable to ask your partners an opinion, but if you get to the point that your unsure enough about something like as to call an official, you should just play it as it lies.

Here is how a PGA golfer is expected handle a situation like that:

Darren Clarke’s act of sportsmanship at yesterday’s Nissan Irish Open earned him huge respect from players, officials and golf fans around the world. Even so, the big Irishman brushed it off as merely confirming golf’s great integrity and reputation for self-policing.

Leading the field by two strokes (when played was halted on Sunday because heavy had waterlogged the course), Clarke returned to the spot on the nine hole where his ball had landed in deep rough after a wayward drive.

Before abandonning his ball on Sunday – it’s place marked by officials – he had decided he would chip it back on to the fairway when play resumed.

However, when he got there hours later on Monday, he found the area, where he would have to make a replacement dropped into a poor lie, transformed into a reasonable one. Grass had been trampled and the ball was now exposed. If he chose to, he could just about reach the green.

Officials (and even chief referee Andy McFee) agreed that he was within his rights to play it as it lie and take advantage of some benevolent golf fans’ decision to improve the ball’s position in the newly flattened grass.

But Clarke said he could not afford for the game’s integrity to be compromised in such away, so stuck with his previous decision to chip out on to the fairway. The decision effectively cost him a bogey five and ultimately the title he longed to win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...c-how-clarke-showed-his-class/4661%3famp

And exactly which steps did Reed take, exactly? Which of those do you have a problem with? Which of those did the officials have a problem with?

You are whining like a bitch. Because you're a bitch. Who likely never won anything that required skill ever.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He’s a GA boy. I like him.

Besides, a sport where the most exciting thing is a pair of retarded pants, needs a cheater.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

683 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 65 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,617
Posts18,492,642
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.