Home
Patrick Reed received strong condemnation from former PGA greats for his questionable actions yesterday at the Farmers Open.

Patrick Reed ends up in another golf rules dispute, this time at Farmers Insurance Open
CLIC beer belly
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Paige Spiranac Responds to Controversy
CLIC Cleavage
[Linked Image from thesun.co.uk]
This time he did nothing wrong, other times, not so much
Gotta stop letting these players get ball in hand for any reason.

Play it like you find it.
PGA said he did the right thing regarding that plugged ball. No penalties. He won the tournament fair and square.

There's plenty of other, more deserving athletes worthy of scorn.

Patrick Reed has fire in that beer belly.
He’s not on the media’s cool guy list.
Looks like the media wants to run the golf tournaments as well.
Good guy
Originally Posted by WTM45

Including on the green?
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Including on the green?

"Through the green" or "general area."
it's not often you see a pro in the middle of a tournament pick up a ball like that, most everybody is sayng the first thing to do is call for a ruling
Originally Posted by sse
i's not often you see a pro in the middle of a tournament pick up a ball like that, most everybody is sayng the first thing to do is call for a ruling

That would have saved him some BS
he doubled down in speaking after he won...i think the guy is a very unusual character
Rory did the exact same thing and nobody gave a fugk.

Because he’s good little Rory.
And honestly who gives a [bleep]
Originally Posted by sse
he doubled down in speaking after he won...i think the guy is a very unusual character

Sounds like a guy that knows what he’s talking about:

He has been a thief and a cheater everywhere he has ever been.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

That’s what I like about him.

You should curb the sports betting, JB. Gambling is addictive.
One of the sports betting sites refunded all bets anyone made on anyone other than Reed.

Reed never once said that the ball was embedded. He just said that he followed the rules. Rory on the other hand, said that the ball embedded.

Golf doesn’t work if everyone isn’t honest.
Originally Posted by deflave
Rory did the exact same thing and nobody gave a fugk.

Because he’s good little Rory.

Yes....
One of the sports betting sites refunded all bets anyone made on anyone other than Reed.

Reed never once said that the ball was embedded. He just said that he followed the rules. Rory on the other hand, said that the ball embedded.

Is that what Reed really said?

Is that what Reed really said?

Yeah, he never said it embedded. He just said that the volunteer told him that it didn’t bounce (it did, of course) and that he then decided to get a rules official over to see if it was embedded. In his interview he never said that he saw it was embedded. That’s the difference between him and Rory in this situation.
Who's more hated, Fatrick Reed or Joe Biden?

He was kicked off the golf team at UGA. About 5 years ago SI did a story on Reed, he is estranged from his parents .Does not want them at the golf course .The article said in one tournament he noticed his parents were in the gallery, he stopped and had security remove them from property. SI pretty much painted him as difficult to get along with, just my two cents.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Looks like the media wants to run the golf tournaments as well.

Yup.

From what I heard them say during the match, I didn’t think was that big of a deal.
It is obvious the broadcast crew of CBS despises him. Nance looked like he was gonna [bleep] when the rules guy said nothing was done wrong. Then a whole segment of their whole CBS golf team being interviewed while on air missing good golf to basically say that he's a POS?

THAT was not a good look, and I don't even like Reed and I do indeed think he's an idiot...

Edited to add- Is Reed a conservative? That may explain the hate from the CBS douches.....
Originally Posted by sse
it's not often you see a pro in the middle of a tournament pick up a ball like that, most everybody is sayng the first thing to do is call for a ruling

Rory McIlroy had a similar situation. Before he touched the ball, he called attention to the situation to his opponent/playing partner, who agreed he should lift the ball to see if it was imbedded. No need to call an official. On the other hand, Reed, moved his ball, and finger F%$#ed the ground, to create a hole, then called an official over to feel the hole and rule his ball had been embedded. Replay of Reed's ball hitting the ground, then bouncing up about 18 inches, then nestling into deep rough proves the ball could not have embedded itself. Rory's ball also bounced up about 18 inches, but replay shows it looks as if it fell back into the original hole created when the ball first hit the ground. In either case, Rory's reputation is impeccable and he called over his playing partner to confirm the ball was embedded in wet ground . . . Reed on the other hand, who already has a shading reputation, did nether. Plus he continued to push his fingers down into the spot where he had lifted his ball.
he's the kind of guy who will prompt rule change or clarification, due to this kind of behavior
Losers always like to whine about "fairness" and "rules". If you want to win, outplay the other guys. If you gotta resort to "But he didn't get a ruling first!" you're a loser.
well i'm not a loser because i always improved my lie
WWBHD?

What would Ben Hogan do?

Besides, it's not like this is a HOCKEY game, right?
At the end of the day the closest to his heels was five back.
He looks a little chunky.

Beer drinker?
Bitch please, I would have kicked it back out into the fairway.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Bitch please, I would have kicked it back out into the fairway.

Foot wedge for the mfw
Originally Posted by GregW
It is obvious the broadcast crew of CBS despises him. Nance looked like he was gonna [bleep] when the rules guy said nothing was done wrong. Then a whole segment of their whole CBS golf team being interviewed while on air missing good golf to basically say that he's a POS?

THAT was not a good look, and I don't even like Reed and I do indeed think he's an idiot...

Edited to add- Is Reed a conservative? That may explain the hate from the CBS douches.....

Can’t stand the POS Nance.

He's not brown enough to be media cool.
Reed has the worst reputation on tour. Somebody like Koepka is going to beat his ass one day on live TV.
Reed has the worst reputation on tour. Somebody like Koepka is going to beat his ass one day on live TV.

Koepka could kick some ass. Built like a brick schit house.
The Ole Hand Wedge was put into play........
Yes...winter rules.

I heard rory did the same thing on the 18th hole and he didn't even bother asking a rules official.

As much as I hate Reed, he did nothing wrong here.
Originally Posted by killerv
I heard rory did the same thing on the 18th hole and he didn't even bother asking a rules official.

Rory also unequivocally said that his ball was embedded. Reed didn’t say that, moved the ball, hunched over the ball, fiddle phuqued around with his fingers in the ground, then asked the official his opinion.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

My money would be on Reed.

He plays dirty.

Rory also unequivocally said that his ball was embedded. Reed didn’t say that, moved the ball, hunched over the ball, fiddle phuqued around with his fingers in the ground, then asked the official his opinion.

What did the official say?

My money would be on Reed.

He plays dirty.

Interesting theory...I will admit.

He didn’t ask one because he want trying to finagle a ruling. He just walked up and saw that his ball was embedded.

He didn’t ask one because he want trying to finagle a ruling. He just walked up and saw that his ball was embedded.

No really.

No really.

He didn’t ask one.

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

That’s what you clearly don’t understand about golf. Players are expected to police themselves and call penalties on themselves. It ain’t basketball, the officials don’t determine if there are fouls or if a player touched the inbounds line. The player is expected to call that on himself. Officials are there more for rules clarifications, they are not there to make calls as to situations like that. If there is enough of a question that Reed felt he needed an official to verify it, then he should have played it where it was.

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

That’s what you clearly don’t understand about golf. Players are expected to police themselves and call penalties on themselves. It ain’t basketball, the officials don’t determine if there are fouls or if a player touched the inbounds line. The player is expected to call that on himself. Officials are there more for rules clarifications, they are not there to make calls as to situations like that. If there is enough of a question that Reed felt he needed an official to verify it, then he should have played it where it was.

LOL

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

LOL

You don’t have to like it. But that’s the standard that will see Reed get an actual real live beat down on the course one of these days. Koepka has already pretty much promised one.

You don’t have to like it. But that’s the standard that will see Reed get an actual real live beat down on the course one of these days. Koepka has already pretty much promised one.

LOL

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

It's amusing the twists and turns guys make in an attempt to make their delusions match the facts. And then you ironically refer to people being expected to police themselves.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

It's amusing the twists and turns guys make in an attempt to make their delusions match the facts. And then you ironically refer to people being expected to police themselves.

In golf, you’re expected to call the penalty on yourself or to play the bad lie if there is question. It’s acceptable to ask your partners an opinion, but if you get to the point that your unsure enough about something like as to call an official, you should just play it as it lies.

Here is how a PGA golfer is expected handle a situation like that:

Darren Clarke’s act of sportsmanship at yesterday’s Nissan Irish Open earned him huge respect from players, officials and golf fans around the world. Even so, the big Irishman brushed it off as merely confirming golf’s great integrity and reputation for self-policing.

Leading the field by two strokes (when played was halted on Sunday because heavy had waterlogged the course), Clarke returned to the spot on the nine hole where his ball had landed in deep rough after a wayward drive.

Before abandonning his ball on Sunday – it’s place marked by officials – he had decided he would chip it back on to the fairway when play resumed.

However, when he got there hours later on Monday, he found the area, where he would have to make a replacement dropped into a poor lie, transformed into a reasonable one. Grass had been trampled and the ball was now exposed. If he chose to, he could just about reach the green.

Officials (and even chief referee Andy McFee) agreed that he was within his rights to play it as it lie and take advantage of some benevolent golf fans’ decision to improve the ball’s position in the newly flattened grass.

But Clarke said he could not afford for the game’s integrity to be compromised in such away, so stuck with his previous decision to chip out on to the fairway. The decision effectively cost him a bogey five and ultimately the title he longed to win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...c-how-clarke-showed-his-class/4661%3famp

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

In golf, you’re expected to call the penalty on yourself or to play the bad lie if there is question. It’s acceptable to ask your partners an opinion, but if you get to the point that your unsure enough about something like as to call an official, you should just play it as it lies.

Darren Clarke’s act of sportsmanship at yesterday’s Nissan Irish Open earned him huge respect from players, officials and golf fans around the world. Even so, the big Irishman brushed it off as merely confirming golf’s great integrity and reputation for self-policing.

Leading the field by two strokes (when played was halted on Sunday because heavy had waterlogged the course), Clarke returned to the spot on the nine hole where his ball had landed in deep rough after a wayward drive.

Before abandonning his ball on Sunday – it’s place marked by officials – he had decided he would chip it back on to the fairway when play resumed.

However, when he got there hours later on Monday, he found the area, where he would have to make a replacement dropped into a poor lie, transformed into a reasonable one. Grass had been trampled and the ball was now exposed. If he chose to, he could just about reach the green.

Officials (and even chief referee Andy McFee) agreed that he was within his rights to play it as it lie and take advantage of some benevolent golf fans’ decision to improve the ball’s position in the newly flattened grass.

But Clarke said he could not afford for the game’s integrity to be compromised in such away, so stuck with his previous decision to chip out on to the fairway. The decision effectively cost him a bogey five and ultimately the title he longed to win.

And exactly which steps did Reed take, exactly? Which of those do you have a problem with? Which of those did the officials have a problem with?

You are whining like a bitch. Because you're a bitch. Who likely never won anything that required skill ever.
He’s a GA boy. I like him.

Besides, a sport where the most exciting thing is a pair of retarded pants, needs a cheater.
I think that the people who write the rules for golf were on the parliamentary procedure team in FFA. (He quickly ducks behind heavy cover.)

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

And exactly which steps did Reed take, exactly? Which of those do you have a problem with? Which of those did the officials have a problem with?

You are whining like a bitch. Because you're a bitch. Who likely never won anything that required skill ever.

Ok.

What should he have done? Walked up and looked at his ball. Made the determination himself if it was plugged or not. If he had a slight question, ask his playing partners. If they thought it might be but couldn’t tell, maybe call an official in to look BEFORE the ball was moved.

He didn’t need the official to make that call. He could have made it himself. But he moved the ball, then basically asked the official back up his decision. If the official had disagreed, Reed had already committed a penalty by palming the ball when he picked it up. That put the official in the position of calling a penalty on a guy who was leading the tournament.
here is the best golf cheat ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH8CFPXCz90
I know who Reed is, haven't watched golf in a long time, but he obviously didn't break any rules on that hole. Wet condition rules were in play and he used them.

Kent

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

Ok.

What should he have done? Walked up and looked at his ball. Made the determination himself if it was plugged or not. If he had a slight question, ask his playing partners. If they thought it might be but couldn’t tell, maybe call an official in to look BEFORE the ball was moved.

He didn’t need the official to make that call. He could have made it himself. But he moved the ball, then basically asked the official back up his decision. If the official had disagreed, Reed had already committed a penalty by palming the ball when he picked it up. That put the official in the position of calling a penalty on a guy who was leading the tournament.

So he did consult an official. He just didn't do what YOU thought he should have done, sort of. Because he DID do what you claim he should have done. He looked at the ball, made the call that it was plugged, and gave himself a club-length drop. Just as you say he should have, as golf is a game of honor, and every player is personally responsible for following the rules. And then he brought the official over and explained what he did. The official concurred.

From what you've typed, Reed was wrong because he exists, at least in your mind.

Fuucking funny that you imagine you are the arbiter of ethics for pro golf. How long have you had your pro card? How many years have you officiated? How many Majors have you officiated?

Would Reed blowing you a kiss have changed your opinion?
Actually, Reed never said that the ball was plugged. Search away.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure we found another one of Justine Reed’s alters.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Patrick Reed received strong condemnation from former PGA greats for his questionable actions yesterday at the Farmers Open.

Patrick Reed ends up in another golf rules dispute, this time at Farmers Insurance Open
CLIC beer belly
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Paige Spiranac Responds to Controversy
CLIC Cleavage
[Linked Image from thesun.co.uk]

I'd do some cheating with her.
laugh
Golf Channel can't keep up with themselves today.

LOL
Lord have mercy, this chick actually golfs. JFC

Did he have to state it for it to be true? He acted on a plugged ball. According to your own words, who did he have to answer to but himself? You keep calling his ethics into question, but you have ground to stand on, just arbitrary judgements about what he should have done. Just another whining basement-dweller who never did anything.
Originally Posted by krp
I know who Reed is, haven't watched golf in a long time, but he obviously didn't break any rules on that hole. Wet condition rules were in play and he used them.

Kent

Not true. Lift, clean and replace was not in force for the tournament. Reed pushed the boundaries on a 2019 rules change.

You should NEVER lift your ball without notifying your fellow competitor, and then a rules official in a tournament.
He lifted the ball before notification of a rules official. And he messed around with the "ball mark" using his fingers.

And, yes, Rory should have notified a rules official as well after he notified his fellow competitor prior to moving his ball.

Ball in hand AT ANY TIME is very serious in a money tournament.

I agree with your assessment. No one knows if Reed cheated or didn't cheat besides him. Picking the ball up and playing with the grass isn't something that a golfer normally does.

Did he have to state it for it to be true? He acted on a plugged ball. According to your own words, who did he have to answer to but himself? You keep calling his ethics into question, but you have ground to stand on, just arbitrary judgements about what he should have done. Just another whining basement-dweller who never did anything.

Yes, Justine, that’s the point. In golf he has to say it for it to be true. It’s HIS decision and HIS call. And he is answerable to at least every other player in that field.

But keep on arguing, Justine.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Not true. Lift, clean and replace was not in force for the tournament. Reed pushed the boundaries on a 2019 rules change.

You should NEVER lift your ball without notifying your fellow competitor, and then a rules official in a tournament.
He lifted the ball before notification of a rules official. And he messed around with the "ball mark" using his fingers.

And, yes, Rory should have notified a rules official as well after he notified his fellow competitor prior to moving his ball.

Ball in hand AT ANY TIME is very serious in a money tournament.

I agree with your assessment. No one knows if Reed cheated or didn't cheat besides him. Picking the ball up and playing with the grass isn't something that a golfer normally does.

Well WTM45 removed his post... only reason I see it is you quoted it. I never said clean lift replace was in force, but it also was clearly written that because of rain thursday a plugged ball could be lift cleaned replaced, so a wet condition rule... Rory did it also on the 18th no problem.

Or dropped instead of replaced may be better stated.

Kent
I deleted my post, as I am not in a position to speak for any tournament committee. What local rules the playing professionals were playing under I have not been officially made aware, and I have no business speaking of those rules without such knowledge.

I can only speak my simple opinion of the existing applicable rule, according to the rules of golf. I was in the process of editing my previous post.

Yes, Justine, that’s the point. In golf he has to say it for it to be true. It’s HIS decision and HIS call. And he is answerable to at least every other player in that field.

Nothing to argue, moron. I have no dog in this fight. I have never heard of Reed before this thread. It's hilarious to me that you care. You don't know the guy, and he is playing a game. And he won whether you think he should have or not. It's hilarious to me that you make up these fantasies in your head where your opinion about things matters even a little in the course of real world events.
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
[Linked Image from pics.me.me]
[Linked Image from bunkermates.com]

Nothing to argue, moron. I have no dog in this fight. I have never heard of Reed before this thread. It's hilarious to me that you care. You don't know the guy, and he is playing a game. And he won whether you think he should have or not. It's hilarious to me that you make up these fantasies in your head where your opinion about things matters even a little in the course of real world events.

Ok, Justine.
I deleted my post, as I am not in a position to speak for any tournament committee. What local rules the playing professionals were playing under I have not been officially made aware, and I have no business speaking of those rules without such knowledge.

I can only speak my simple opinion of the existing applicable rule, according to the rules of golf. I was in the process of editing my previous post.

I understand, it was stated that they were under a plugged ball rule because of previous wet conditions... lift clean and drop.

There's rules for different conditions, that rule was in place and Reed used it same as Rory.

I'm not a Reed fan but the rule that day didn't require notifying anyone. Again Rory didn't notify, used the rule and kept playing. Calling Reed a liar or rule breaker just cause I don't like him is wrong.

Kent
Pay attention though. Not once has Reed said that it was plugged or embedded. I personally would have much problem if he had done what Rory did, but he didn’t. That, and the fact we know it wasn’t plugged because it bounced.
Was Rory’s plugged?

Because his bounced too.
Pay attention though. Not once has Reed said that it was plugged or embedded. I personally would have much problem if he had done what Rory did, but he didn’t. That, and the fact we know it wasn’t plugged because it bounced.

I should do the Christian thing, and get you a mirror. But I am not a Christian, and from my experience, you are doing the typical Christian thing, because you have decided a thing is wrong, but haven't come up with the Divine principle that would make it so. You just want to persecute someone who you dislike because they are better than you, and you know it.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
He’s a GA boy. I like him.

Besides, a sport where the most exciting thing is a pair of retarded pants, needs a cheater.

Well said Mooner!

I need to file that for future use in golf threads when they come up.

State the rule he broke.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp

I understand, it was stated that they were under a plugged ball rule because of previous wet conditions... lift clean and drop.

There's rules for different conditions, that rule was in place and Reed used it same as Rory.

I'm not a Reed fan but the rule that day didn't require notifying anyone. Again Rory didn't notify, used the rule and kept playing. Calling Reed a liar or rule breaker just cause I don't like him is wrong.

Kent

As far as I know, and I would have to be informed by a tournament official otherwise, there was not a local rule in effect Saturday.
I do not know for a fact ANY allowance was being given to competitors for conditions other than the Rules of Golf.

The rule that applies is found under the general Rules of Golf. Most likely 16.4 or 16.3 as amended in 2019.

I do hope you are not trying to say I am calling someone a "liar" or a "rule breaker."

I will be clear here. ANYTIME a ball is picked up "through the green" or in a "general area" while competing in a tournament it is an important move which is subject to the rules of golf and local rules of the tournament.

I should do the Christian thing, and get you a mirror. But I am not a Christian, and from my experience, you are doing the typical Christian thing, because you have decided a thing is wrong, but haven't come up with the Divine principle that would make it so. You just want to persecute someone who you dislike because they are better than you, and you know it.

Lots of projection there, Justine.
Was Rory’s plugged?

Because his bounced too.

I’m open to the point that Rory lied or that he was mistaken. However, unlike Reed he unequivocally said it was plugged. Plus, Rory gets the benefit of the doubt. Reed doesn’t.
Was Rory’s plugged?

Because his bounced too.

I’m open to the point that Rory lied or that he was mistaken. However, unlike Reed he unequivocally said it was plugged. Plus, Rory gets the benefit of the doubt. Reed doesn’t.

WWJD?
Originally Posted by krp

State the rule he broke.

Kent

If it hadn’t been ruled to be embedded, the way he handled the ball probably would have resulted in a penalty for cleaning the ball.
Was Rory’s plugged?

Because his bounced too.

WWJD?

Smack it in the hole from 500 yards with a one iron on the way to a score of 18 for the day.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

As far as I know, and I would have to be informed by a tournament official otherwise, there was not a local rule in effect Sunday.
I do not know for a fact ANY allowance was being given to competitors for conditions other than the Rules of Golf.

The rule that applies is found under the general Rules of Golf. Most likely 16.3 as amended in 2019.

I do hope you are not trying to say I am calling someone a "liar" or a "rule breaker."

I will be clear here. ANYTIME a ball is picked up "through the green" or in a "general area" while competing in a tournament it is an important move which is subject to the rules of golf and local rules of the tournament.

I wasn't arguing with you since you deleted your post but when you say NEVER and obviously the rules on Saturday were understood by the players and officials are different than NEVER... well.

Usually when I write that I as in 'I', I mean I, and not projecting beyond myself.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp

State the rule he broke.

Kent

If it hadn’t been ruled to be embedded, the way he handled the ball probably would have resulted in a penalty for cleaning the ball.

Probably isn't a rule... nor did you answer the question.

Kent
I think that the people who write the rules for golf were on the parliamentary procedure team in FFA. (He quickly ducks behind heavy cover.)

If golf is supposedly self policed, isn't it like solitaire? confused
And yet the officials at this tournament accessed the courses condition for that day and implemented whatever rule the players were to play by, understood by the officials and players.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
And yet the officials at this tournament accessed the courses condition for that day and implemented whatever rule the players were to play by, understood by the officials and players.

Kent

That could explain why they allowed Rory and Patrick to do what they did without assessing any penalty. I am unaware if it was a local rule that applied in either case outside of the Rules of Golf.

Tee hee hee, douche bag. Your Jesus liked to call people derogatory names when he was called out for spouting nonsense? Makes sense, I suppose.

I can see you from well over a thousand miles away. That's how obvious your Inner Bitch is.
He's not a tight assed pretty boy and probably is a Trump guy.

That's why they hate him.

Phil Mickelson was doing all sorts of crap through his career but everyone loves him.
Trevino used to cheat like a mofo...but he's a Mexican and it's simply in their nature/DNA.

JoeBob, in the recordings, when the official ask him what he wanted, he told the official it was an "embedded ball" and he thought it had "broke ground" and wanted the official to make a decision. The rules do not require him to get an "official decision." If he claims it is embedded he gets a free drop. The problem was he never declared to his playing partners that he was declaring an embedded ball, because he knows it was NOT embedded, since it was physically impossible for the ball to embed itself dropping from a height of 18 inches, on the bounce. He also had 30 seconds or more time to finger puck the hole and create a depression. When the official stuck his finger into the grass, and said he felt the depression in the ground and ruled him a free drop, he was feeling a hole dug by Reed with his fingers. Reed did not want his playing partners to come over and observe his ball buried deep in the rough, but not embedded. When he decided to cheat, knowing he was on camera, he dug the hole by plunging his fingers into the soft ground, then called over the official to give him cover for his antic/cheating. Though he is a talented striker of the ball, the guy has no business being on tour.
Trevino used to cheat like a mofo...but he's a Mexican and it's simply in their nature/DNA.

Do you have any objective evidence of your assertion and smear of the great Lee Trevino?

Tee hee hee, douche bag. Your Jesus liked to call people derogatory names when he was called out for spouting nonsense? Makes sense, I suppose.

I can see you from well over a thousand miles away. That's how obvious your Inner Bitch is.

Lol

Do you have any objective evidence of your assertion and smear of the great Lee Trevino?

Probably thinking about Gary Player.
Player was a Messican?
Originally Posted by FatCity67
He's not a tight assed pretty boy and probably is a Trump guy.

That's why they hate him.

Phil Mickelson was doing all sorts of crap through his career but everyone loves him.

The tour, players and majority of the media has been up his for
Quite a while. He doesn’t fit into the cookie cutter model most of the other players fall. He is a strong player , which pisses them off even more. Any other player would not had constant talk 24 hrs later and
A one hour diatribe by Brandall Chamblee. Hell anyone remember the
Ton rock moved to help everyone’s darling back in the day?
Ok, looking at the USGA rules, any embedded ball can be moved at any time, one club length, no penalty. You can also mark it with a tee to check it, if not embedded it goes back uncleaned, no penalty. You can pick it up unmarked and drop it as long as it really was embedded, no penalty. If it wasn't embedded then you put it back with a penalty. I saw nothing where you need to inform anyone else or get an opinion.

There are rules for moving from abnormal course conditions, ground under repair, immovable objects, animal holes... with no penalty.

Kent
Golf is more fun with a villain. Even if he ain’t.

grin
Player was a Messican?

grin
Originally Posted by krp
Ok, looking at the USGA rules, any embedded ball can be moved at any time, one club length, no penalty. You can also mark it with a tee to check it, if not embedded it goes back uncleaned, no penalty. You can pick it up unmarked and drop it as long as it really was embedded, no penalty. If it wasn't embedded then you put it back with a penalty. I saw nothing where you need to inform anyone else or get an opinion.

There are rules for moving from abnormal course conditions, ground under repair, immovable objects, animal holes... with no penalty.

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?
Player was a Messican?

Dang Beaners,

they is everywhere nowadays.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?

Did what?

Kent
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?

Exactly. It was cover for all his finger pucking the hole in the ground. All the other players always call over a competing playing partner anytime they are going to pick up their ball. Though not required by the rules, if you have a reputation for cheating, (See this video at 2:20 mark) it behooves you to call over another player before you lift your ball. He did not do that. He picked it up, set it aside and went back to finger puck a hole in the ground then called an official over to give him a favorable ruling. Game, set, match.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Player was a Messican?

Dang Beaners,

Sonsabishes.
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?

Did what?

Kent

Get an opinion? “I think it maybe was embedded, but I’m going to let you make the call.”
"Not even God can hit a 1 iron" - Lee Trevino
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?

Did what?

Kent

Get an opinion? “I think it maybe was embedded, but I’m going to let you make the call.”

Hell if I know why he called the official over, maybe he thought he knew what the rule was, since it changed in 2019, he might have just wanted to make sure as an after thought. Rory was sure and didn't ask anyone's opinion. I doubt these guys sit and study every rule every week.

Kent
What rule did he break?

Kent
Player was a Messican?

Dang Beaners,

Sonsabishes.

Yeah, but tamales and Jarritos are the bomb.
Player was a Messican?

Dang Beaners,

Sonsabishes.

Yeah, but tamales and Jarritos are the bomb.

You SoCal beach bums are so predictable.🤣😂🤣
We can never please everyone with our actions, yet we continue to try.
Well, this is about golf, not surfing.

But pollo con papas and pescado Veracruzano are good too.

But back to golf, is the dude still in trouble? Only with the golfing public, not the officials?

But back to golf, is the dude still in trouble? Only with the golfing public, not the officials?

No he’s not in trouble.

Everybody started pissing and moaning about him Saturday so he shoved it up their ass on Sunday.

That’s the only story here.
No not in trouble.

Kent
Except with rules 16

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

Rule 9.4b states: "If a player lifts or deliberately touches his or her ball at rest or causes it to move, the player gets one penalty stroke."

Just because you are fat doesn't make you a cheater. You must posses a character flaw!

[Linked Image from golf.com]

[Linked Image from s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com]

Rule 9.4b states: "If a player lifts or deliberately touches his or her ball at rest or causes it to move, the player gets one penalty stroke."

No he’s not in trouble.

Everybody started pissing and moaning about him Saturday so he shoved it up their ass on Sunday.

That’s the only story here.

Cool,

we love winners around here!
Nope... rules 16.

Kent

if yer gonna be removing stuff then STHU
Picking the ball up and playing with the grass isn't something that a golfer normally does.

that's because it's cheating
Originally Posted by Morewood
"Not even God can hit a 1 iron" - Lee Trevino

i would'a hit my 1 iron into oceano pacifico
Originally Posted by sse

if yer gonna be remonving stuff then STHU

I maintain the right to edit or delete anything I post, as long as the board itself allows me to.
Originally Posted by krp
Nope... rules 16.

Kent

Rule 16.3 only applies to embedded balls. It was physically impossible for his ball to be embedded. There is video evidence of that fact. He created a false narrative that he honestly thought his ball was embedded.

LINK
"Perhaps a man develops bulletproof confidence in the face of firing squads when he knows others are paid to throw themselves in front of the fusillade. How else to explain the scale of self-assurance that permits a professional golfer to palm his own ball, poke around in the ball mark, declare it was embedded, after it bounced, in 3-inch rough, with only cursory input from playing partners and none from rules officials, on live television, while leading a PGA Tour event.

"The incident on the 10th hole at Torrey Pines during Saturday’s CBS broadcast lacked the clarity of Reed’s brazen bunker misadventure in the Bahamas in 2019. The video is inconclusive: viewers couldn’t see if Reed’s ball was in fact embedded, and the rules official wasn’t presented a fair opportunity to make that determination since Reed had already moved it. Less ambiguous is the growing sentiment that Patrick Reed’s relationship to the rules of golf mirrors that of a courtesan to her clothes—as something to occasionally be cloaked in for respectability, but otherwise an impediment to the conduct of business."

LINK
"After his second shot on the par-4 10th hole bounded off to the left side of the hole in the thick rough, Reed walked toward it, bent over and picked it up. He claimed that it was embedded even though video evidence shows that it took a bounce after it first landed and jumped no more than 3 feet back up in the air. For it to be embedded, the ground would have had to been insanely wet.

"Reed said after his round that nobody in his group nor the volunteer standing near the ball saw it bounce so he was checking to see if it had "broken the plane" of the ground.

"After moving it, Reed called a rules official over and had him stick his fingers in the pitch mark. The official, clearly surprised Reed had already moved the ball, confirmed that there was indeed a lip where Reed's ball first came to rest and deemed that Reed was correct to remove the embedded ball. From there, Reed went on to get a drop and got up and down for par.

"Reed (acted as if he) was shocked that the post-round video showed that the ball had bounced and confirmed that it's "almost impossible" for a ball to plug (or embed) if it bounces at all. That begs a lot of questions, not the least of which is what lip he and the rules official were feeling if it's "almost impossible" for the ball to plug when it bounces."

No Gary is a gentleman and would never cheat. Trevino was a scumbag,...watch the old clips. It's all right there.
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

I would bet that, like all the other players, he probably broke some that he was totally unaware of breaking. Just by setting foot on a golf course, a person probably has already broken at least three.
Originally Posted by sse

if yer gonna be removing stuff that's OK with me

I maintain the right to edit or delete anything I post, as long as the board itself allows me to.

not sure what you mean...? LOL
Well it's speculation his ball wasn't embedded, if he wanted to cheat he could put the tee in then while retrieving the ball press it into the ground causing a hole, wouldn't need to press his fingers in later. Embedment is not plugged, just has to sit below ground level in the pitch mark. He could also just put the ball back and play it with no penalty, how much could he improve his lie dropping it in the same rough?

Anyway he saw it as embedded and dropped within the rules, we weren't there to dispute it.

Kent
It’s not speculation that a ball that bounced in four inch rough wasn’t embedded. It 100% wasn’t embedded.
Ya it was just sitting there all T'ed up on grass.. he would have hit it.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Ya it was just sitting there all T'ed up on grass.. he would have hit it.

Kent

Well, it certainly was after he dropped it in the shorter grass. Where, of course, it miraculously didn’t plug after dropping from about the same height it did on the bounce.
It’s not speculation that a ball that bounced in four inch rough wasn’t embedded. It 100% wasn’t embedded.

Reed is surely one of those Georgia Democrats because he so openly and brazenly cheats and is not worried about any repercussions.

Same for Rory.

Same for Rory.

Okay.

Same for Rory.

Slow motion video of Rory's ball (see video) shows it could have bounced up and come to rest in the same hole. Bottom line is Rory did not pick up his ball until he advised his playing partner that he believes his ball is embedded, then he picked it up and confirmed it was. Marked his ball with a tee, declared rule 16.3 and had his caddy clean the ball then he dropped it within a club length of where he marked it. Nobody doubts Rory because he has never been caught, on camera, blatantly cheating, as has Reed. BTW, Reed claims the girl observer said "no it did not bounce," when he ask her "did it bounce?" (see this video at :18 second mark He has repeated that error over and over. The girl observer actually was recorded saying, "No, I did not see it bounce." So of all the people he claims he asked if they saw it bounce, not one person said "No, it did not bounce." They all said they did not see it bounce. He could not conclude, logically, that he had an eye witness who said they were certain it did not bounce.

I would also add about Rory look at where he dropped his ball. He didn’t even take a full club length and it disappeared again right back into the rough. Reed managed to get into shorter grass and gain an advantage after somehow his ball didn’t plug when it was dropped from knee height.

Same for Rory.

Slow motion video of Rory's ball shows it could have bounced up and come to rest in the same hole. Bottom line is Rory did not pick up his ball until he advised his playing partner that he believes his ball is embedded, then he picked it up and confirmed it was. Marked his ball with a tee, declared rule 16.3 and had his caddy clean the ball then he dropped it within a club length of where he marked it. Nobody doubts Rory because he has never been caught, on camera, blatantly cheating, as has Reed.

I’m sure he’d appreciate the blow job.
I would also add about Rory look at where he dropped his ball. He didn’t even take a full club length and it disappeared again right back into the rough. Reed managed to get into shorter grass and gain an advantage after somehow his ball didn’t plug when it was dropped from knee height.

He finished -13.
I think he was 14 under and won by 5 strokes. No one but Reed knows if his ball was embedded. For all we know his ball could have bounced into a plug created by a previous golfer or the spotter could of accidentally stepped on his ball. Sure looks suspicious and possible but I see zero proof that Reed cheated.
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

I would bet that, like all the other players, he probably broke some that he was totally unaware of breaking. Just by setting foot on a golf course, a person probably has already broken at least three.

Wrong kind and color of socks?

Tied shoes starting with the left hand shoelace instead of the right hand shoelace?

Sharpening the scorecard pencil with a jackknife instead of the official pencil sharpener?
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

Tied shoes starting with the left hand shoelace instead of the right hand shoelace?

Sharpening the scorecard pencil with a jackknife instead of the official pencil sharpener?

Yes, and then there are minor ones.
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

Yes, and then there are minor ones.

I figured
Dropping a ball is much different than a shot coming in even on a one bounce. Reed hit from a bunker, a regular shot has tremendous spin a sand shot creates even more, that second landing would still have been a live ball digging in, if it was spongy at all it would have been embedded, grass wouldn't stop it. Finally watched the video and it hit close to the cart path where's its harder than where it landed.

There's a chit load of physics going on in a golf shot, saying that that ball wasn't embedded 100%... is 100% bullchit.

F'n hackers judging what they can't do or even understand.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Dropping a ball is much different than a shot coming in even on a one bounce. Reed hit from a bunker, a regular shot has tremendous spin a sand shot creates even more, that second landing would still have been a live ball digging in, if it was spongy at all it would have been embedded, grass wouldn't stop it. Finally watched the video and it hit close to the cart path where's its harder than where it landed.

There's a chit load of physics going on in a golf shot, saying that that ball wasn't embedded 100%... is 100% bullchit.

Kent

Valid points.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Hackers judging what they can do or even understand? You mean like Nick Faldo. Or, maybe even good old Patrick Reed himself:

Reed was shocked that the post-round video showed that the ball had bounced and confirmed that it's "almost impossible" for a ball to plug (or embed) if it bounces at all. That begs a lot of questions, not the least of which is what lip he and the rules official were feeling if it's "almost impossible" for the ball to plug when it bounces.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-controversial-use-of-embedded-rule/amp/

You should probably tell Reed he is hacker and has no understanding of the many ways a ball can embed itself after a soft bounce since he thinks it is “almost impossible”.
Dude, Rory's bounced same conditions, I believe him when he say's it's embedded. You calling him a liar?

You said 100%... You

PGA officially sides with Reed and Rory siting soft conditions.

I never liked Faldo and he hates Reed for the 2016 Ryder cup... but must love Rory...

Kent
And I like Rory, he's a great young man.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Dude, Rory's bounced same conditions, I believe him when he say's it's embedded. You calling him a liar?

You said 100%... You

PGA officially sides with Reed and Rory siting soft conditions.

I never liked Faldo and he hates Reed for the 2016 Ryder cup... but must love Rory...

Kent

As I said, I’m open to the point that Rory was mistaken or lying. But Rory gets the benefit of the doubt. Reed doesn’t and he has earned it.
So Rory's ball wasn't embedded? according to you.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I honestly don’t know. Rory’s bounce was low enough it could have fallen back in the same hole. I’ve seen that happen. Reed’s clearly did not. Further, Reed’s behavior was much more suspicious than Rory’s.
Behavior? He marked the ball and took it out to check... by rule... he took the ball gingerly over to the side and put it down to not disturb it... he then checked for a divot and determined there was one. If there wasn't one he could have replaced the ball uncleaned back and played it... by rule... but since he found a divot he called the official over to judge for himself, once he confirmed and where to drop from he told the caddy he could now clean the ball... if the official didn't confirm he could have replaced the ball uncleaned and played no penalty... he took the drop and played on.

Reed actually took it a step farther calling the official than Rory... probably because he knew he'd be under the microscope.

He did everything right and could have replaced the ball with no penalty at any time if the official deemed to so.

Kent
Also he announced to the marshal or a fellow player, out of view, he was going to check for an embedded ball before he even started to check it.

Kent
I don't care whose balls were embedded, but it sounds like a painful condition.
Originally Posted by krp
And I like Rory, he's a great young man.

Kent

He's a TDS SJW infected McNutjob.
He had talked to Tom Brady only a couple days ago about how much air to let out of the ball.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I honestly don’t know. Rory’s bounce was low enough it could have fallen back in the same hole. I’ve seen that happen. Reed’s clearly did not. Further, Reed’s behavior was much more suspicious than Rory’s.

Stop.
Originally Posted by krp
Behavior? He marked the ball and took it out to check... by rule... he took the ball gingerly over to the side and put it down to not disturb it... he then checked for a divot and determined there was one. If there wasn't one he could have replaced the ball uncleaned back and played it... by rule... but since he found a divot he called the official over to judge for himself, once he confirmed and where to drop from he told the caddy he could now clean the ball... if the official didn't confirm he could have replaced the ball uncleaned and played no penalty... he took the drop and played on.

Reed actually took it a step farther calling the official than Rory... probably because he knew he'd be under the microscope.

He did everything right and could have replaced the ball with no penalty at any time if the official deemed to so.

Kent

Your facts are not going to extinguish JoeBob’s emotion.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Is that the long way of saying he fiddle phuqed around trying to create a dent with his fingers before getting the official over to cover for it?
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Is that the long way of saying he fiddle phuqed around trying to create a dent with his fingers before getting the official over to cover for it?

No

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

No

Kent

Kind of looked like...just saying.
Well he absolutely said to whoever at the green, hey guys I'm going to check the ball, and point to it before doing anything.

Some on here earlier said he didn't do that.

Now it's down to he jabbed his fingers around... when all he would have needed to do was press the ball into the ground, no one could have told with the rough.

But what likely happened was the back spin dug in and the grass caught it dropping it back in the divot.

Kent
Whos pat reed?
Originally Posted by krp
Well he absolutely said to whoever at the green, hey guys I'm going to check the ball, and point to it before doing anything.

Some on here earlier said he didn't do that.

Now it's down to he jabbed his fingers around... when all he would have needed to do was press the ball into the ground, no one could have told with the rough.

But what likely happened was the back spin dug in and the grass caught it dropping it back in the divot.

Kent

JoeBob is just being his usual Texan self.

#kghunt
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Whos pat reed?

Go watch your NFL like a good boy.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Your facts are not going to extinguish JoeBob’s emotion.

Facts?

In a Hunter's Campfire thread?

Surely you jest. We all know those are frowned upon.
For the record, I love deflave.... [bleep] golf, but deflave is the shiit!!! Haha

Fuuck you’ve made me laugh like a little girl over the years trav!! Haha
God damn I’m still laughing!! Haha
Fuuck golf, long live deflave!!! 🤘🤘🤘
Originally Posted by Judman
For the record, I love deflave.... [bleep] golf, but deflave is the shiit!!! Haha

Please don't say things like that about golf. I really love golf.

Big +1 on 'flave. I love that guy.

'Flave
Originally Posted by Judman

Please don't say things like that about golf. I really love golf.

Big +1 on 'flave. I love that guy.

'Flave

Clarke is funnier...just sayin.

He banged my wife.

Fugk that dude.

Dave

He banged my wife.

Fugk that dude.

Dave

Is he the golfer? Or is that Travis?
Well, well, well...it seems that McIlroy’s ball was stepped on by a volunteer before he got to it last weekend. So, unlike Reed’s ball, McIlroy’s ball actually was embedded.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news...-ball-at-the-farmers-insurance-open/amp/
Well, well, well...it seems that McIlroy’s ball was stepped on by a volunteer before he got to it last weekend. So, unlike Reed’s ball, McIlroy’s ball actually was embedded.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news...-ball-at-the-farmers-insurance-open/amp/

Let it go, man...
© 24hourcampfire