Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Trevino used to cheat like a mofo...but he's a Mexican and it's simply in their nature/DNA.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Actually, Reed never said that the ball was plugged. Search away.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure we found another one of Justine Reed’s alters.

JoeBob, in the recordings, when the official ask him what he wanted, he told the official it was an "embedded ball" and he thought it had "broke ground" and wanted the official to make a decision. The rules do not require him to get an "official decision." If he claims it is embedded he gets a free drop. The problem was he never declared to his playing partners that he was declaring an embedded ball, because he knows it was NOT embedded, since it was physically impossible for the ball to embed itself dropping from a height of 18 inches, on the bounce. He also had 30 seconds or more time to finger puck the hole and create a depression. When the official stuck his finger into the grass, and said he felt the depression in the ground and ruled him a free drop, he was feeling a hole dug by Reed with his fingers. Reed did not want his playing partners to come over and observe his ball buried deep in the rough, but not embedded. When he decided to cheat, knowing he was on camera, he dug the hole by plunging his fingers into the soft ground, then called over the official to give him cover for his antic/cheating. Though he is a talented striker of the ball, the guy has no business being on tour.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Trevino used to cheat like a mofo...but he's a Mexican and it's simply in their nature/DNA.

Do you have any objective evidence of your assertion and smear of the great Lee Trevino?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Pay attention though. Not once has Reed said that it was plugged or embedded. I personally would have much problem if he had done what Rory did, but he didn’t. That, and the fact we know it wasn’t plugged because it bounced.

I should do the Christian thing, and get you a mirror. But I am not a Christian, and from my experience, you are doing the typical Christian thing, because you have decided a thing is wrong, but haven't come up with the Divine principle that would make it so. You just want to persecute someone who you dislike because they are better than you, and you know it.

Lots of projection there, Justine.

Tee hee hee, douche bag. Your Jesus liked to call people derogatory names when he was called out for spouting nonsense? Makes sense, I suppose.

I can see you from well over a thousand miles away. That's how obvious your Inner Bitch is.

Lol

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Do you have any objective evidence of your assertion and smear of the great Lee Trevino?

Probably thinking about Gary Player.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Player was a Messican?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by FatCity67
He's not a tight assed pretty boy and probably is a Trump guy.

That's why they hate him.

Phil Mickelson was doing all sorts of crap through his career but everyone loves him.

The tour, players and majority of the media has been up his for
Quite a while. He doesn’t fit into the cookie cutter model most of the other players fall. He is a strong player , which pisses them off even more. Any other player would not had constant talk 24 hrs later and
A one hour diatribe by Brandall Chamblee. Hell anyone remember the
Ton rock moved to help everyone’s darling back in the day?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ok, looking at the USGA rules, any embedded ball can be moved at any time, one club length, no penalty. You can also mark it with a tee to check it, if not embedded it goes back uncleaned, no penalty. You can pick it up unmarked and drop it as long as it really was embedded, no penalty. If it wasn't embedded then you put it back with a penalty. I saw nothing where you need to inform anyone else or get an opinion.

There are rules for moving from abnormal course conditions, ground under repair, immovable objects, animal holes... with no penalty.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Golf is more fun with a villain. Even if he ain’t.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Probably thinking about Gary Player.

grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Player was a Messican?

grin

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by krp
Ok, looking at the USGA rules, any embedded ball can be moved at any time, one club length, no penalty. You can also mark it with a tee to check it, if not embedded it goes back uncleaned, no penalty. You can pick it up unmarked and drop it as long as it really was embedded, no penalty. If it wasn't embedded then you put it back with a penalty. I saw nothing where you need to inform anyone else or get an opinion.

There are rules for moving from abnormal course conditions, ground under repair, immovable objects, animal holes... with no penalty.

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Player was a Messican?

Dang Beaners,

they is everywhere nowadays.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?

Did what?

Kent

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?

Exactly. It was cover for all his finger pucking the hole in the ground. All the other players always call over a competing playing partner anytime they are going to pick up their ball. Though not required by the rules, if you have a reputation for cheating, (See this video at 2:20 mark) it behooves you to call over another player before you lift your ball. He did not do that. He picked it up, set it aside and went back to finger puck a hole in the ground then called an official over to give him a favorable ruling. Game, set, match.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Player was a Messican?

Dang Beaners,

they is everywhere nowadays.

Sonsabishes.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?

Did what?

Kent

Get an opinion? “I think it maybe was embedded, but I’m going to let you make the call.”

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/01/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Not even God can hit a 1 iron" - Lee Trevino

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Exactly. So why did he?

Did what?

Kent

Get an opinion? “I think it maybe was embedded, but I’m going to let you make the call.”

Hell if I know why he called the official over, maybe he thought he knew what the rule was, since it changed in 2019, he might have just wanted to make sure as an after thought. Rory was sure and didn't ask anyone's opinion. I doubt these guys sit and study every rule every week.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
What rule did he break?

Kent

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1234, 57 invisible), 18,811 guests, and 1,412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,855
Posts18,537,573
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
11 minutes ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.