Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Player was a Messican?

Dang Beaners,

they is everywhere nowadays.

Sonsabishes.

Yeah, but tamales and Jarritos are the bomb.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Player was a Messican?

Dang Beaners,

they is everywhere nowadays.

Sonsabishes.

Yeah, but tamales and Jarritos are the bomb.

You SoCal beach bums are so predictable.🤣😂🤣

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We can never please everyone with our actions, yet we continue to try.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, this is about golf, not surfing.

But pollo con papas and pescado Veracruzano are good too.

But back to golf, is the dude still in trouble? Only with the golfing public, not the officials?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

But back to golf, is the dude still in trouble? Only with the golfing public, not the officials?

No he’s not in trouble.

Everybody started pissing and moaning about him Saturday so he shoved it up their ass on Sunday.

That’s the only story here.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
No not in trouble.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Except with rules 16

Kent

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

Rule 9.4b states: "If a player lifts or deliberately touches his or her ball at rest or causes it to move, the player gets one penalty stroke."

Just because you are fat doesn't make you a cheater. You must posses a character flaw!

[Linked Image from golf.com]

[Linked Image from s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com]

Rule 9.4b states: "If a player lifts or deliberately touches his or her ball at rest or causes it to move, the player gets one penalty stroke."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

No he’s not in trouble.

Everybody started pissing and moaning about him Saturday so he shoved it up their ass on Sunday.

That’s the only story here.

Cool,

we love winners around here!

In it is contentment

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Nope... rules 16.

Kent

IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by WTM45
I deleted my post, as I am not in a position to speak for any tournament committee. What local rules the playing professionals were playing under I have not been officially made aware, and I have no business speaking of those rules without such knowledge.

I can only speak my simple opinion of the existing applicable rule, according to the rules of golf. I was in the process of editing my previous post.

if yer gonna be removing stuff then STHU

Last edited by sse; 02/01/21.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Picking the ball up and playing with the grass isn't something that a golfer normally does.

that's because it's cheating

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Morewood
"Not even God can hit a 1 iron" - Lee Trevino

i would'a hit my 1 iron into oceano pacifico

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by sse
I deleted my post, as I am not in a position to speak for any tournament committee. What local rules the playing professionals were playing under I have not been officially made aware, and I have no business speaking of those rules without such knowledge.

I can only speak my simple opinion of the existing applicable rule, according to the rules of golf. I was in the process of editing my previous post.

if yer gonna be remonving stuff then STHU

I maintain the right to edit or delete anything I post, as long as the board itself allows me to.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Nope... rules 16.

Kent

Rule 16.3 only applies to embedded balls. It was physically impossible for his ball to be embedded. There is video evidence of that fact. He created a false narrative that he honestly thought his ball was embedded.

LINK
"Perhaps a man develops bulletproof confidence in the face of firing squads when he knows others are paid to throw themselves in front of the fusillade. How else to explain the scale of self-assurance that permits a professional golfer to palm his own ball, poke around in the ball mark, declare it was embedded, after it bounced, in 3-inch rough, with only cursory input from playing partners and none from rules officials, on live television, while leading a PGA Tour event.

"The incident on the 10th hole at Torrey Pines during Saturday’s CBS broadcast lacked the clarity of Reed’s brazen bunker misadventure in the Bahamas in 2019. The video is inconclusive: viewers couldn’t see if Reed’s ball was in fact embedded, and the rules official wasn’t presented a fair opportunity to make that determination since Reed had already moved it. Less ambiguous is the growing sentiment that Patrick Reed’s relationship to the rules of golf mirrors that of a courtesan to her clothes—as something to occasionally be cloaked in for respectability, but otherwise an impediment to the conduct of business."

LINK
"After his second shot on the par-4 10th hole bounded off to the left side of the hole in the thick rough, Reed walked toward it, bent over and picked it up. He claimed that it was embedded even though video evidence shows that it took a bounce after it first landed and jumped no more than 3 feet back up in the air. For it to be embedded, the ground would have had to been insanely wet.

"Reed said after his round that nobody in his group nor the volunteer standing near the ball saw it bounce so he was checking to see if it had "broken the plane" of the ground.

"After moving it, Reed called a rules official over and had him stick his fingers in the pitch mark. The official, clearly surprised Reed had already moved the ball, confirmed that there was indeed a lip where Reed's ball first came to rest and deemed that Reed was correct to remove the embedded ball. From there, Reed went on to get a drop and got up and down for par.

"Reed (acted as if he) was shocked that the post-round video showed that the ball had bounced and confirmed that it's "almost impossible" for a ball to plug (or embed) if it bounces at all. That begs a lot of questions, not the least of which is what lip he and the rules official were feeling if it's "almost impossible" for the ball to plug when it bounces."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Trevino used to cheat like a mofo...but he's a Mexican and it's simply in their nature/DNA.

Do you have any objective evidence of your assertion and smear of the great Lee Trevino?

Probably thinking about Gary Player.

No Gary is a gentleman and would never cheat. Trevino was a scumbag,...watch the old clips. It's all right there.

Last edited by Ghostinthemachine; 02/01/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

I would bet that, like all the other players, he probably broke some that he was totally unaware of breaking. Just by setting foot on a golf course, a person probably has already broken at least three.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by sse

if yer gonna be removing stuff that's OK with me

I maintain the right to edit or delete anything I post, as long as the board itself allows me to.

not sure what you mean...? LOL

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Well it's speculation his ball wasn't embedded, if he wanted to cheat he could put the tee in then while retrieving the ball press it into the ground causing a hole, wouldn't need to press his fingers in later. Embedment is not plugged, just has to sit below ground level in the pitch mark. He could also just put the ball back and play it with no penalty, how much could he improve his lie dropping it in the same rough?

Anyway he saw it as embedded and dropped within the rules, we weren't there to dispute it.

Kent

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s not speculation that a ball that bounced in four inch rough wasn’t embedded. It 100% wasn’t embedded.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/01/21.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 47 invisible), 1,750 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,982
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.