Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ya it was just sitting there all T'ed up on grass.. he would have hit it.

Kent

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by krp
Ya it was just sitting there all T'ed up on grass.. he would have hit it.

Kent

Well, it certainly was after he dropped it in the shorter grass. Where, of course, it miraculously didn’t plug after dropping from about the same height it did on the bounce.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/01/21.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It’s not speculation that a ball that bounced in four inch rough wasn’t embedded. It 100% wasn’t embedded.

Reed is surely one of those Georgia Democrats because he so openly and brazenly cheats and is not worried about any repercussions.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It’s not speculation that a ball that bounced in four inch rough wasn’t embedded. It 100% wasn’t embedded.

Same for Rory.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave

Same for Rory.

Okay.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Same for Rory.

Slow motion video of Rory's ball (see video) shows it could have bounced up and come to rest in the same hole. Bottom line is Rory did not pick up his ball until he advised his playing partner that he believes his ball is embedded, then he picked it up and confirmed it was. Marked his ball with a tee, declared rule 16.3 and had his caddy clean the ball then he dropped it within a club length of where he marked it. Nobody doubts Rory because he has never been caught, on camera, blatantly cheating, as has Reed. BTW, Reed claims the girl observer said "no it did not bounce," when he ask her "did it bounce?" (see this video at :18 second mark He has repeated that error over and over. The girl observer actually was recorded saying, "No, I did not see it bounce." So of all the people he claims he asked if they saw it bounce, not one person said "No, it did not bounce." They all said they did not see it bounce. He could not conclude, logically, that he had an eye witness who said they were certain it did not bounce.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I would also add about Rory look at where he dropped his ball. He didn’t even take a full club length and it disappeared again right back into the rough. Reed managed to get into shorter grass and gain an advantage after somehow his ball didn’t plug when it was dropped from knee height.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Same for Rory.

Slow motion video of Rory's ball shows it could have bounced up and come to rest in the same hole. Bottom line is Rory did not pick up his ball until he advised his playing partner that he believes his ball is embedded, then he picked it up and confirmed it was. Marked his ball with a tee, declared rule 16.3 and had his caddy clean the ball then he dropped it within a club length of where he marked it. Nobody doubts Rory because he has never been caught, on camera, blatantly cheating, as has Reed.

I’m sure he’d appreciate the blow job.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I would also add about Rory look at where he dropped his ball. He didn’t even take a full club length and it disappeared again right back into the rough. Reed managed to get into shorter grass and gain an advantage after somehow his ball didn’t plug when it was dropped from knee height.

He finished -13.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think he was 14 under and won by 5 strokes. No one but Reed knows if his ball was embedded. For all we know his ball could have bounced into a plug created by a previous golfer or the spotter could of accidentally stepped on his ball. Sure looks suspicious and possible but I see zero proof that Reed cheated.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

I would bet that, like all the other players, he probably broke some that he was totally unaware of breaking. Just by setting foot on a golf course, a person probably has already broken at least three.

Wrong kind and color of socks?

Tied shoes starting with the left hand shoelace instead of the right hand shoelace?

Sharpening the scorecard pencil with a jackknife instead of the official pencil sharpener?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

I would bet that, like all the other players, he probably broke some that he was totally unaware of breaking. Just by setting foot on a golf course, a person probably has already broken at least three.

Tied shoes starting with the left hand shoelace instead of the right hand shoelace?

Sharpening the scorecard pencil with a jackknife instead of the official pencil sharpener?

Yes, and then there are minor ones.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by krp
What rule did he break?

Kent

Yes, and then there are minor ones.

I figured

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Dropping a ball is much different than a shot coming in even on a one bounce. Reed hit from a bunker, a regular shot has tremendous spin a sand shot creates even more, that second landing would still have been a live ball digging in, if it was spongy at all it would have been embedded, grass wouldn't stop it. Finally watched the video and it hit close to the cart path where's its harder than where it landed.

There's a chit load of physics going on in a golf shot, saying that that ball wasn't embedded 100%... is 100% bullchit.

F'n hackers judging what they can't do or even understand.

Kent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp
Dropping a ball is much different than a shot coming in even on a one bounce. Reed hit from a bunker, a regular shot has tremendous spin a sand shot creates even more, that second landing would still have been a live ball digging in, if it was spongy at all it would have been embedded, grass wouldn't stop it. Finally watched the video and it hit close to the cart path where's its harder than where it landed.

There's a chit load of physics going on in a golf shot, saying that that ball wasn't embedded 100%... is 100% bullchit.

Kent

Valid points.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Hackers judging what they can do or even understand? You mean like Nick Faldo. Or, maybe even good old Patrick Reed himself:

Reed was shocked that the post-round video showed that the ball had bounced and confirmed that it's "almost impossible" for a ball to plug (or embed) if it bounces at all. That begs a lot of questions, not the least of which is what lip he and the rules official were feeling if it's "almost impossible" for the ball to plug when it bounces.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-controversial-use-of-embedded-rule/amp/

You should probably tell Reed he is hacker and has no understanding of the many ways a ball can embed itself after a soft bounce since he thinks it is “almost impossible”.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Dude, Rory's bounced same conditions, I believe him when he say's it's embedded. You calling him a liar?

You said 100%... You

PGA officially sides with Reed and Rory siting soft conditions.

I never liked Faldo and he hates Reed for the 2016 Ryder cup... but must love Rory...

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
And I like Rory, he's a great young man.

Kent

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by krp
Dude, Rory's bounced same conditions, I believe him when he say's it's embedded. You calling him a liar?

You said 100%... You

PGA officially sides with Reed and Rory siting soft conditions.

I never liked Faldo and he hates Reed for the 2016 Ryder cup... but must love Rory...

Kent

As I said, I’m open to the point that Rory was mistaken or lying. But Rory gets the benefit of the doubt. Reed doesn’t and he has earned it.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 222ND, 50 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,053
Posts18,521,302
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.