-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that the people who write the rules for golf were on the parliamentary procedure team in FFA. (He quickly ducks behind heavy cover.)

Last edited by 5sdad; 02/01/21.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by deflave

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

That’s what you clearly don’t understand about golf. Players are expected to police themselves and call penalties on themselves. It ain’t basketball, the officials don’t determine if there are fouls or if a player touched the inbounds line. The player is expected to call that on himself. Officials are there more for rules clarifications, they are not there to make calls as to situations like that. If there is enough of a question that Reed felt he needed an official to verify it, then he should have played it where it was.

It's amusing the twists and turns guys make in an attempt to make their delusions match the facts. And then you ironically refer to people being expected to police themselves.

In golf, you’re expected to call the penalty on yourself or to play the bad lie if there is question. It’s acceptable to ask your partners an opinion, but if you get to the point that your unsure enough about something like as to call an official, you should just play it as it lies.

Here is how a PGA golfer is expected handle a situation like that:

Darren Clarke’s act of sportsmanship at yesterday’s Nissan Irish Open earned him huge respect from players, officials and golf fans around the world. Even so, the big Irishman brushed it off as merely confirming golf’s great integrity and reputation for self-policing.

Leading the field by two strokes (when played was halted on Sunday because heavy had waterlogged the course), Clarke returned to the spot on the nine hole where his ball had landed in deep rough after a wayward drive.

Before abandonning his ball on Sunday – it’s place marked by officials – he had decided he would chip it back on to the fairway when play resumed.

However, when he got there hours later on Monday, he found the area, where he would have to make a replacement dropped into a poor lie, transformed into a reasonable one. Grass had been trampled and the ball was now exposed. If he chose to, he could just about reach the green.

Officials (and even chief referee Andy McFee) agreed that he was within his rights to play it as it lie and take advantage of some benevolent golf fans’ decision to improve the ball’s position in the newly flattened grass.

But Clarke said he could not afford for the game’s integrity to be compromised in such away, so stuck with his previous decision to chip out on to the fairway. The decision effectively cost him a bogey five and ultimately the title he longed to win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...c-how-clarke-showed-his-class/4661%3famp

And exactly which steps did Reed take, exactly? Which of those do you have a problem with? Which of those did the officials have a problem with?

You are whining like a bitch. Because you're a bitch. Who likely never won anything that required skill ever.

Ok.

What should he have done? Walked up and looked at his ball. Made the determination himself if it was plugged or not. If he had a slight question, ask his playing partners. If they thought it might be but couldn’t tell, maybe call an official in to look BEFORE the ball was moved.

He didn’t need the official to make that call. He could have made it himself. But he moved the ball, then basically asked the official back up his decision. If the official had disagreed, Reed had already committed a penalty by palming the ball when he picked it up. That put the official in the position of calling a penalty on a guy who was leading the tournament.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
here is the best golf cheat ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH8CFPXCz90

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I know who Reed is, haven't watched golf in a long time, but he obviously didn't break any rules on that hole. Wet condition rules were in play and he used them.

Kent

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deflave

He didn’t ask one.

LOL

That’s what you clearly don’t understand about golf. Players are expected to police themselves and call penalties on themselves. It ain’t basketball, the officials don’t determine if there are fouls or if a player touched the inbounds line. The player is expected to call that on himself. Officials are there more for rules clarifications, they are not there to make calls as to situations like that. If there is enough of a question that Reed felt he needed an official to verify it, then he should have played it where it was.

It's amusing the twists and turns guys make in an attempt to make their delusions match the facts. And then you ironically refer to people being expected to police themselves.

In golf, you’re expected to call the penalty on yourself or to play the bad lie if there is question. It’s acceptable to ask your partners an opinion, but if you get to the point that your unsure enough about something like as to call an official, you should just play it as it lies.

Here is how a PGA golfer is expected handle a situation like that:

Darren Clarke’s act of sportsmanship at yesterday’s Nissan Irish Open earned him huge respect from players, officials and golf fans around the world. Even so, the big Irishman brushed it off as merely confirming golf’s great integrity and reputation for self-policing.

Leading the field by two strokes (when played was halted on Sunday because heavy had waterlogged the course), Clarke returned to the spot on the nine hole where his ball had landed in deep rough after a wayward drive.

Before abandonning his ball on Sunday – it’s place marked by officials – he had decided he would chip it back on to the fairway when play resumed.

However, when he got there hours later on Monday, he found the area, where he would have to make a replacement dropped into a poor lie, transformed into a reasonable one. Grass had been trampled and the ball was now exposed. If he chose to, he could just about reach the green.

Officials (and even chief referee Andy McFee) agreed that he was within his rights to play it as it lie and take advantage of some benevolent golf fans’ decision to improve the ball’s position in the newly flattened grass.

But Clarke said he could not afford for the game’s integrity to be compromised in such away, so stuck with his previous decision to chip out on to the fairway. The decision effectively cost him a bogey five and ultimately the title he longed to win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...c-how-clarke-showed-his-class/4661%3famp

And exactly which steps did Reed take, exactly? Which of those do you have a problem with? Which of those did the officials have a problem with?

You are whining like a bitch. Because you're a bitch. Who likely never won anything that required skill ever.

Ok.

What should he have done? Walked up and looked at his ball. Made the determination himself if it was plugged or not. If he had a slight question, ask his playing partners. If they thought it might be but couldn’t tell, maybe call an official in to look BEFORE the ball was moved.

He didn’t need the official to make that call. He could have made it himself. But he moved the ball, then basically asked the official back up his decision. If the official had disagreed, Reed had already committed a penalty by palming the ball when he picked it up. That put the official in the position of calling a penalty on a guy who was leading the tournament.

So he did consult an official. He just didn't do what YOU thought he should have done, sort of. Because he DID do what you claim he should have done. He looked at the ball, made the call that it was plugged, and gave himself a club-length drop. Just as you say he should have, as golf is a game of honor, and every player is personally responsible for following the rules. And then he brought the official over and explained what he did. The official concurred.

From what you've typed, Reed was wrong because he exists, at least in your mind.

Fuucking funny that you imagine you are the arbiter of ethics for pro golf. How long have you had your pro card? How many years have you officiated? How many Majors have you officiated?

Would Reed blowing you a kiss have changed your opinion?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Actually, Reed never said that the ball was plugged. Search away.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure we found another one of Justine Reed’s alters.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/01/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Patrick Reed received strong condemnation from former PGA greats for his questionable actions yesterday at the Farmers Open.

Patrick Reed ends up in another golf rules dispute, this time at Farmers Insurance Open
CLIC beer belly
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Paige Spiranac Responds to Controversy
CLIC Cleavage
[Linked Image from thesun.co.uk]

I'd do some cheating with her.
laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Golf Channel can't keep up with themselves today.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Lord have mercy, this chick actually golfs. JFC

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Did he have to state it for it to be true? He acted on a plugged ball. According to your own words, who did he have to answer to but himself? You keep calling his ethics into question, but you have ground to stand on, just arbitrary judgements about what he should have done. Just another whining basement-dweller who never did anything.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by krp
I know who Reed is, haven't watched golf in a long time, but he obviously didn't break any rules on that hole. Wet condition rules were in play and he used them.

Kent

Not true. Lift, clean and replace was not in force for the tournament. Reed pushed the boundaries on a 2019 rules change.

You should NEVER lift your ball without notifying your fellow competitor, and then a rules official in a tournament.
He lifted the ball before notification of a rules official. And he messed around with the "ball mark" using his fingers.

And, yes, Rory should have notified a rules official as well after he notified his fellow competitor prior to moving his ball.

Ball in hand AT ANY TIME is very serious in a money tournament.

I agree with your assessment. No one knows if Reed cheated or didn't cheat besides him. Picking the ball up and playing with the grass isn't something that a golfer normally does.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Did he have to state it for it to be true? He acted on a plugged ball. According to your own words, who did he have to answer to but himself? You keep calling his ethics into question, but you have ground to stand on, just arbitrary judgements about what he should have done. Just another whining basement-dweller who never did anything.

Yes, Justine, that’s the point. In golf he has to say it for it to be true. It’s HIS decision and HIS call. And he is answerable to at least every other player in that field.

But keep on arguing, Justine.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Not true. Lift, clean and replace was not in force for the tournament. Reed pushed the boundaries on a 2019 rules change.

You should NEVER lift your ball without notifying your fellow competitor, and then a rules official in a tournament.
He lifted the ball before notification of a rules official. And he messed around with the "ball mark" using his fingers.

And, yes, Rory should have notified a rules official as well after he notified his fellow competitor prior to moving his ball.

Ball in hand AT ANY TIME is very serious in a money tournament.

I agree with your assessment. No one knows if Reed cheated or didn't cheat besides him. Picking the ball up and playing with the grass isn't something that a golfer normally does.

Well WTM45 removed his post... only reason I see it is you quoted it. I never said clean lift replace was in force, but it also was clearly written that because of rain thursday a plugged ball could be lift cleaned replaced, so a wet condition rule... Rory did it also on the 18th no problem.

Or dropped instead of replaced may be better stated.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 02/01/21.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I deleted my post, as I am not in a position to speak for any tournament committee. What local rules the playing professionals were playing under I have not been officially made aware, and I have no business speaking of those rules without such knowledge.

I can only speak my simple opinion of the existing applicable rule, according to the rules of golf. I was in the process of editing my previous post.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Yes, Justine, that’s the point. In golf he has to say it for it to be true. It’s HIS decision and HIS call. And he is answerable to at least every other player in that field.

But keep on arguing, Justine.

Nothing to argue, moron. I have no dog in this fight. I have never heard of Reed before this thread. It's hilarious to me that you care. You don't know the guy, and he is playing a game. And he won whether you think he should have or not. It's hilarious to me that you make up these fantasies in your head where your opinion about things matters even a little in the course of real world events.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from pics.me.me]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from bunkermates.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 47 invisible), 1,721 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,982
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.