Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

This just occurred to me: How is Schumer considered the majority leader? There are 50 R senators , 48 D senators and 2 I senators.

50 > 48 > 2

I know I's tend to vote with D, but if it's truly the majority party, how is he majority?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Harris makes 51 when the 48 D's and 2 I's vote together.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup. The VP can vote as a tie breaker on all votes. You'll never catch her voting for an R or anything supported by the R's.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The 2 independents “caucus” with the Democrats.

In doing so, they are counted as Democrats when it come to majority status. If an (I) caucused with the Republicans, they would get that vote, I’m not sure what happens if an (I) stays independent and does not choose to caucus with either party.

Ya gotta be rather retarded to continue vote for a candidate because they claim, “independence “ from either party, then watch them immediately climb into bed with the Democrat Party.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by steve4102
I’m not sure what happens if an (I) stays independent and does not choose to caucus with either party.

They vote for whatever interest pays them the most.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by horse1
I’m not sure what happens if an (I) stays independent and does not choose to caucus with either party.

They vote for whatever interest pays them the most.
true, but how is the majority status affected?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's all a show. I suggest you stop watching. The script is pretty evident at this point. They've already telegraphed where things are going for the next few seasons.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We'll see how keen Manchin is on that Green New Deal, which will put lots of WV folks out of work....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TimZ
We'll see how keen Manchin is on that Green New Deal, which will put lots of WV folks out of work....

Who won’t it put out of work.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TimZ

Once a swamper always a swamper.
JMHO

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Harris makes 51 when the 48 D's and 2 I's vote together.

Yes, but how does that make Schmucky the majority leader?

The majority leader (party) should be determined by which party has the most declared members.

MM

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Then there is always the question of what party is the toxic turtle from Kentucky.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean the Chameleon?

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 2 independents “caucus” with the Democrats.

In doing so, they are counted as Democrats when it come to majority status. If an (I) caucused with the Republicans, they would get that vote, I’m not sure what happens if an (I) stays independent and does not choose to caucus with either party.

Ya gotta be rather retarded to continue vote for a candidate because they claim, “independence “ from either party, then watch them immediately climb into bed with the Democrat Party.
These join the Dems, anyway. Before there were 2 in the house the same way, I's who caucused with the D's. Besides just being liberal, they need to work closely with a party if they ever plan on getting any committee assignments. The committees are where much of the work gets done.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can't answer for the rest of you but I sent the following email to both of my GOP senators here in TX:

Sir,

Why is Chuck Schumer being allowed to act as the senate majority leader? The current breakdown is 48 DEMs, 2 Independents (who they caucus with is immaterial) and 50 GOP. Since the DEMs did not actually take a majority and since 2 senators insist on being so called independents then the GOP needs to resume the majority party.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MAC
Can't answer for the rest of you but I sent the following email to both of my GOP senators here in TX:

Sir,

Why is Chuck Schumer being allowed to act as the senate majority leader? The current breakdown is 48 DEMs, 2 Independents (who they caucus with is immaterial) and 50 GOP. Since the DEMs did not actually take a majority and since 2 senators insist on being so called independents then the GOP needs to resume the majority party.

If you want to know if a used car on the lot is worth the money, ask the salesman.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by MAC

Sir,

If you want to know if a used car on the lot is worth the money, ask the salesman.

If you want to lie down and accept the screwing the DEMs are giving the nation that is your choice. I'm not doing it. But then you idiots in MT did allow Tester to win again so I guess you love you some DEM action.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

Sir,

If you want to lie down and accept the screwing the DEMs are giving the nation that is your choice. I'm not doing it. But then you idiots in MT did allow Tester to win again so I guess you love you some DEM action.

Lie down? You are the one waiting for the politician to tell you why his fellow criminals are doing things that seem incorrect. You are the one who imagines that the answer you get is going to be anything more than asking a car salesman whether you should buy a car.

Are either of yours from Texas making a stink? Not that I have seen. But then, I don't care. They are all in on it together, and the ones who do actually push back are excluded, and then "voted out". Just like Trump was.

I pay no attention to what the criminals are doing, and I give no credence to the decrees they make. Why would I? I never asked for them, and I never consented to let them rule me.

Tester is a POS, just like every other politician. How can you not understand this? It's a great big fraud factory. And your chosen side are the Washington Generals. Funny how they just keep on "losing" over and over when it comes to meaningful legislation. Funny.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

Sir,

Lie down? You are the one waiting for the politician to tell you why his fellow criminals are doing things that seem incorrect. You are the one who imagines that the answer you get is going to be anything more than asking a car salesman whether you should buy a car.

Are either of yours from Texas making a stink? Not that I have seen. But then, I don't care. They are all in on it together, and the ones who do actually push back are excluded, and then "voted out". Just like Trump was.

I pay no attention to what the criminals are doing, and I give no credence to the decrees they make. Why would I? I never asked for them, and I never consented to let them rule me.

Tester is a POS, just like every other politician. How can you not understand this? It's a great big fraud factory. And your chosen side are the Washington Generals. Funny how they just keep on "losing" over and over when it comes to meaningful legislation. Funny.

NO, I am contacting an elected official to point out that they can use something like this to their advantage. Whether they do or not, as a vote I expressed it to them. They may not do anything but I voiced it. What have you done to rein in Tester?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Then there is always the question of what party is the toxic turtle from Kentucky.

He is the party of money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 78 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,533
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.