Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
With so many shortages across all spectrums of the firearms industry i fear many gun shops will eventually fail not receiving enough inventory to keep the doors open.

Your thoughts?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Could be.

I'd hate to be in business with all demand, and no supply.

Can't last long that way in anything.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm sure none of the people making the decisions for the nation right now would complain if the gun shops fail along with the other small businesses.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Depends how much throughput they are actually achieving.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
They could sell fudge and beef jerky and tasers in the interim?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
They are getting guns, they just aren't storing inventory. The good ones have a steady supply coming in. They might not be as many as they want, or their preferred models, but they are getting inventory. The new buyers aren't picky about models like normal gun people are. The shop that I just retired from sold 10,400 guns last year. Their previous best was 6300. They are obviously getting guns.

Last edited by UPhiker; 02/03/21.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If the supply is still the same they should be okay. Demand is clearing the shelves.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of the blacks that lives on the road to my cow pasture flagged me down today terribly upset that he cant find any .22 LR ammo anywhere. I told him I could give him a few but don't be expecting to find any for sale unless he wanted to pay a bunch to a scalper on Gunbroker. I believe if I had a gun and ammo business I would let people know I could get the stuff, it will be expensive, but no way could I take less than 25% markup.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
With so many shortages across all spectrums of the firearms industry i fear many gun shops will eventually fail not receiving enough inventory to keep the doors open.

Your thoughts?

How are the firearms that are being made being sold. Don't they have to go thru Retailers? I'm not sure there is so much of a shortage as that firearms simply aren't staying "on the shelves". I think the gunshops are making bank right now. Just hope they invest wisely, not sure what the future holds for manufacturers. A local gunshop near me says he can't keep "Deer rifles " on the shelves right now. Usually he says he can't give them away a month after deer season.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Of course they will.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
You can either sell at reasonable prices and keep your customers happy or you can gouge them now and when things improve, they will remember and then you will go out of business.

R
RKJ Offline
R
I talked with a woman yesterday at a local shop and she told me her Dad had opened up the shop in 1978 and she wasn't sure they would still be in business 6 months from now. She was saying that they are totally dependent on their distributors and that if they say no to an order they don't get a call back. Pretty rough right now for some, I'd say.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker
You can either sell at reasonable prices and keep your customers happy or you can gouge them now and when things improve, they will remember and then you will go out of business.

This.

One semi local place that hasn’t had a lot of inventory lately, upped Xfer fees to $50 due to high demand. 🤦🏼‍♂️

In other words, they can’t get anything but want to make even more off you buying it elsewhere and shipping it there.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Our stock is lower than it has ever been. Goofballs come into the shop daily and opine that "business must be good!" I tell them that it is akin to eggs being worth 50 dollars a dozen, and my hens have quit laying. I don't know what the future holds, but I definitely liked the smooth and steady days a whole lot more.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Idiot. Sell it all and have nothing to sell...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are getting guns, they just aren't storing inventory. The good ones have a steady supply coming in. They might not be as many as they want, or their preferred models, but they are getting inventory. The new buyers aren't picky about models like normal gun people are. The shop that I just retired from sold 10,400 guns last year. Their previous best was 6300. They are obviously getting guns.

This.

20 million guns last year alone,

most gun shops don't even have time to answer the phones.

Stopped in tonight at a hardware/LGS to see about shipping primers, they had 14 handguns come in on Monday, all are sold, it's only Wednesday.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gun shops don't help people become more dependent.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A good friend of mine downstate has a very low inventory. He isn’t putting out ammo so he can sell some with a gun purchase. He told me that I could get just anything I need from him except just a few things. Luckily I haven’t had to use that offer yet.

I do know the local range is dead. The pistol league canceled due to the lack of ammo and/or the cost of it. The 22 league is still going though. People aren’t shooting for the fun of it nearly as much. You definitely don’t see the AR guys banging away their Wolf ammo anymore.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are gun shops that never recovered from the last inventory crisis back in 2012 .

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A shop local to me is surviving on transfers and used guns. Said the phone rings off the hook but the inventory is not there to buy. Anything they can get is spoken for before it hits the shelf

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

383 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 35 invisible), 1,816 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.