Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Has anyone compared the VX 3i and the new VX 3HD scopes? Is there much of a noticeable difference in the non illuminated models?

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I haven’t seen a 3HD in person. However, the biggest difference I see online is the CDS.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BillyE
I haven’t seen a 3HD in person. However, the biggest difference I see online is the CDS.

Thanks. I have a 5HD and had just ordered a 3i for my ML then saw the 3HD.but they had already shipped the 3i. Just wondering if the glass is any better at dawn and dusk.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Unless it tracks better than the previous VX-3 line with CDS, I certainly wouldn’t pay extra for it.

They are great set and forget it scopes but not so great for dialing.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by stumpman

Thanks. I have a 5HD and had just ordered a 3i for my ML then saw the 3HD.but they had already shipped the 3i. Just wondering if the glass is any better at dawn and dusk.

I guarantee it will be the same glass just with a few more bells and whistles so they can justify charging more.

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Motown

I guarantee it will be the same glass just with a few more bells and whistles so they can justify charging more.

Typical Leupold marketing crap !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ya, cock suckers, burn 'em at the stake......

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Wesley2

Unless it tracks better than the previous VX-3 line with CDS, I certainly wouldn’t pay extra for it.

I don’t have any interest in the CDS either. I wish they’d make an illuminated reticle without CDS. That would be the ticket for me. Otherwise, I’ll jump to the next bracket up and start looking at euro scopes.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I shot a VX3i today. 3.5 X 10 X50. it has a worse view than my VariX111 2.5 x8 and even aV9 Weaver too. I was stunned. And I focused them all for the clearest image of the target. Leupold better get it together. I use to look at them first. That's over.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Motown

Prices are the same as they've been for a while. If the optical difference between the 3HD and the 3i is the same as it was between the 3i and the 3, it's worth the upgrade.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I shot a VX3i today. 3.5 X 10 X50. it has a worse view than my VariX111 2.5 x8 and even aV9 Weaver too. I was stunned. And I focused them all for the clearest image of the target. Leupold better get it together. I use to look at them first. That's over.

I call B.S. I've owned a VX3i, VX3, and vari-x III, all in 3.5-10x44. I still own the VX3i. Optically, the 3i is superior to the previous generations. It's not a night-and-day difference, but it's noticeable. Keep in mind that I'm not really a Leupold fan, so this isn't fan-boy speak. This is based on having owned and used all three scopes experience. As far as how it stacks up against a Weaver, I can't answer that. As much as I've tried, I have yet to find a Weaver I've looked through that's worth owning, except for one that I inherited.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I've owned and shot Leupolds for 40 years. My favorites are the Var-X III 3x10x50 with HEAVY DUPLEX........Which they don't offer that recticle anymore. I have a couple of 3ci's that I'm not impressed with. The the skinny duplex washes out at dusk and dawn...........I am migrating to Meopta. A better scope in the same price ranges. With a better duplex recticle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wesley2

This

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Not concerned with dialing it is going on a ML. Just wondered if the glass was better enough to get the HD model. I know my VX5HD has excellent glass on it. We did a comparison between it and two different Zeiss models and a upper end Vortex the 5 HD outperformed the rest.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 22 invisible), 1,766 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.