Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I do not know the inner workings of all the districts in the nation, but I would be willing to bet at least some of the direction involves school districts not receiving funds if they do not tow the line being mandated by their states.

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If the media reports are correct, teachers are in panic mode.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore
Mine go in twice a week. My oldest was pissed because attending class put her behind. My youngest has her work finished in 1/2 the time. Shows you how much of the school day is “fluff”.

Could be, but my experience has been, trying to teach a bunch of kids remotely at the same time, you’re lucky if you can cover half as much as you would in person.

The fast kids get done quick, the slower kids, not so much.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Only Democratic states are still closed!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 5sdad

My son and daughter-in-law both are teachers. Their school went to a hybrid model last year, started that way this year, then went to complete on-line instruction, and are now back to hybrid. They had no input whatsoever in these decisions. They will tell you that teaching under either of these models requires much more work than in-person learning. They are dedicated and good at their jobs. I am proud of them and I get tired of people lumping "teachers" together in one condemned group. I am sure that there are many teachers, probably grouped together in large population areas where dedication and skill are very small considerations in hiring practices, who are less than caring and competent. Even in those places, I am sure that there are teachers who strive to do the job properly. I get tired of hearing the good teachers painted with the same brush as the poor ones when they deserve better.

So would they rather be online / hybrid or in the classroom full time?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
The good news is even the sheep can no longer deny the existence of the terminal cancer that is teacher unions and education bureaucracies.

Teachers make a decent living, not extravagant..................but the administrators rape & pillage with the absolutely outrageously extravagant & totally unwarranted salaries that they extort form the taxpayers.

For next to no ROI for the work that they do.....................kinda akin to Congress.

And the level of the capabilities of all HS graduates, taken on the whole, surely reflects that level of incompetence.

MM

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My grandkids have been attending (in school) classes since last September. No issues what-so-ever. They have participated in sports (volleyball, soccer, track and field and golf) also without issue. BTW, this in in Florida.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My son and daughter-in-law both are teachers. Their school went to a hybrid model last year, started that way this year, then went to complete on-line instruction, and are now back to hybrid. They had no input whatsoever in these decisions. They will tell you that teaching under either of these models requires much more work than in-person learning. They are dedicated and good at their jobs. I am proud of them and I get tired of people lumping "teachers" together in one condemned group. I am sure that there are many teachers, probably grouped together in large population areas where dedication and skill are very small considerations in hiring practices, who are less than caring and competent. Even in those places, I am sure that there are teachers who strive to do the job properly. I get tired of hearing the good teachers painted with the same brush as the poor ones when they deserve better.

I hear you.

Ever heard school teachers talk about homeschooled students?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Because they can’t talk those who drank the kool aid into going back to normal; their propaganda was too effective and they can’t I train the lemmings from running off the hill.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My 5 grader is back 5 full days and my 8th grader is 4 day weeks

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Our small rural local School District went to hybrid in-person first of the year. 1/3rd of students are full time remote, by parental choice. 1/3rd "A-Day" M-T In-person, W-F remote. 1/3rd "B-Day" Th-F In-person and M-W remote. All of our teachers would love to be back to full time, all in-person. As noted above, MUCH more work for the teachers in the the hybrid model...

Elsewhere in the state, (think large urban districts, under "D"-bag and union control, teachers still not agreeing to in-person teaching), parents have filed class action lawsuits against the school boards to resume in-person instruction... Should be interesting...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by copperking81

So would they rather be online / hybrid or in the classroom full time?

Definitely class room.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MM879
Has the government abandoned the schools?

No.

They abandoned the people that use them.

Pay your taxes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The conservative teachers left/ quit around here.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
In big cities the lazy good for nothing teacher union thugs have refused to go back to classroom teaching, even though the CDC has said it's perfectly safe and they've been ordered to. Chicago even spent $100,000,000 on Covid safety provisions and still the lazy good for nothing mobbed up teacher union thugs refuse to go back.

The solution IMO is to give 'em a deadline. If they don't come back, they're fired and will not be rehired. Plus there will be no more negotiations with the union. Just like President Reagan and PATCO.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,930
Posts18,479,895
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.