Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Not all that familiar with the CZ brand, but see much positive reviews on-line. Have choice of either a CZ 75 B or this 75 SP O1 available NIB for same price, a tad higher than should be, but it’s a sellers market and the price is just about right for what I want to spend on a gun like this anyway. Like the all steel construction. The full size of it, (not going to be a CC weapon). Nice high capacity. I’m much more into big bore and/or magnum revolvers, but I’ve meaning to get one of these for awhile - here it is.

Any reason to take one model over the other? Basically the same thing, no? Any feedback from those might own them? Any and all intel/user info welcome, Including “don’t do it” if you don’t like them. Thanks.

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
The SP01 is heavier and a little steadier in the hand but much, much uglier.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
SP01 has a rail, B doesn't. Some version of either, I believe, may be decock only (no safety) so I'd pay attention to that. Omega trigger looks different than the regular. Sights can also vary. Need to check the actual guns in these areas.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Have owned two CZ-75s and still have one. A rugged, reliable, and thoroughly satisfactory pistol. If I had a complaint, it would be the triggers tend to exhibit too much creep; but this can be addressed by the proper gunsmith. Someone talked me out of the first one. No intention of parting with the second.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still waiting for Dan Wesson to get off their asses and get the DWX's out, especially the compact. A CZ 75 with 1911 trigger and controls.....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m on my second 75B. The first was a .40. Dead reliable, but like many, I experienced “trigger slap”. The new one is an Omega Convertible, available in 9mm only, AFIK. The trigger is much improved, no slap, and is supposed to be simpler and more “robust” (their term). Only about 100 through it so far, but so far not a single bobble. Haven’t tried with this one yet, but with the .40 I deliberately limp-wristed it trying to cause a whoopsie, but it just chugged on.

The Omega convertible lets you switch between DA/SA with decocker and DA/SA with a safety that lets you carry cocked and locked, with the parts for both included. It also accepts the Kadet 2 .22 unit, which lets you shoot .22s with the same trigger as the 9. The Kadet is all steel, has an adjustable rear sight, and comes with two 10-shot mags. Reports are that it’s extremely accurate, with a slide that works similar to a 41; the rear sight stays in place. Got one of those too. It’s been perfect so far just like the 9mm upper. Mine required no fitting, but some take a bit of filing; luck of the draw. I’m not good enough to really rate the accuracy, but it’s as good as any I’ve used.

In case you missed it, I really like these. Less than a grand invested in the whole setup.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Neat, thanks for insight.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I have the P01 compact and like it - very well made and the most accurate centerfire semi-auto I have owned.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'm still waiting for Dan Wesson to get off their asses and get the DWX's out, especially the compact. A CZ 75 with 1911 trigger and controls.....

Those are dang nice looking rigs. Maybe down the road I'll have to try one. Until then I'll stick with my First Gen V-Bob.

Whichever one you decide on, if you don't like the trigger, look into a Cajun. I shot a buddy's Shadow 2 that had one and its smooth.

He went over yonder way
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
my main 9mm CCW pistol has been a CZ 75D pcr for over 17 years now. I believe it to be the best 9mm pistol ever made.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those Kadet .22 units are available for many of the 75 models. Just have to be certain to get the right one. Take good care of those mags; replacements come pretty dear.

Have to agree with Mannlicher about the CZs, assuming he meant the whole series. I looked at a number of other metal-framed 9s before I went back to my favorite. Wouldn’t want to carry it all the time, but nothing else feels as good in my hand.

After I got mine, I called and asked about the recommended interval for changing the recoil spring. Tech guy said “5000 rounds, but I know of guys who have gone 20,000”.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks fellas. All I needed to hear. Went with the SP 01. Agreed the traditional B is a bit prettier with the muzzle and no rail, but I didn’t find the SP to be an eyesore either. Like the night sights. Like the grips. Like the weight. Who knows, maybe I would want a light on it or something at some point. Revolvers are for being ‘pretty’, this is more just a tool. Neat piece, haven’t shot it yet, but have acquired ammo amazingly.

Sure does feel like an extension of your hand. Or ‘fit like a glove’ as they say.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 02/05/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A year or two back one of the guys started a tread about what was everyone's favorite hammer fired 9mm. Being the analytical cuss that I am, I charted all the responses and while the discontinued Browning Hi-power was the number one choice, the CZ 75 series was the number two most preferred. Being kind of a hammer preferred 1911 kind of guy, I wondered what I was missing out on? I was in Florida then and went to Academy Sports to handle one. I asked the counter guy to see a CZ 75 model and with a blank stare he said you mean like a Smith & Wesson? I finally got a guy to show me a P-01 I think it was and later saw a too heavy 75B at another place. I got looking at the Cajun Gun Works web site and they showed the 75D PCR as their favorite carry 9mm. Scheels Sports found me two of them, one in Washington and one in South Dakota and I ordered one just like the one Mannlicher showed. 500 rounds through it and not a single issue other than the trigger slap noticeable after a couple of magazines. I sent mine in for a Cajun Pro-Package rework and Dawson fiber optic sights after corresponding with Sam. The trigger slap is gone and an excellent handgun is even better now.

If you don't mind the weight, a steel frame 75 should be great and probably easier to find than one of the alloy frame guns. Any CZ is good to find these days from what I've seen. They are somewhat rare, but worth looking for in my opinion.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hell of a pistol....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Sure seen a lot uglier....

And don’t have to look far to find it.

Lol.

I’m pleased. Thanks for the feedback.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I picked up a CZ75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm Urban Gray 5.2" Threaded Night Sight unit. I wayy dig it. Like it so much my S&W 5906 is out of favor. Seems to have less barrel jump than others, with the suppressor for sure.

Really like the feel, as do I like the similarly configured Beretta over all the others I've held....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I picked up a CZ75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm Urban Gray 5.2" Threaded Night Sight unit. I wayy dig it. Like it so much my S&W 5906 is out of favor. Seems to have less barrel jump than others, with the suppressor for sure.

Really like the feel, as do I like the similarly configured Beretta over all the others I've held....

Local store had one of those in .40 probably 10 years ago. I should’ve bought it. Been looking ever since, not easy to find.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That’s the gun that set me on the path to buying suppressors. I now have three waiting on stamps.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

That’s the gun that set me on the path to buying suppressors. I now have three waiting on stamps.

👍

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really like the CZ75 pistols. The full size are just a might long in the trigger reach for me. They shoot wonderfully though.

Had a EAA copy in 38 Super that was a good shooter. Kinda miss it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 204guy, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,304
Posts18,487,128
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.