Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I keep an eye on the stat data on Worldometer, and have just noticed that over the past week or so that the rate of increase in cases has dropped, the death rate is about the same but it lags about 4 weeks behind anyway, and the active cases has actually started dropping. That would seem to indicate that things are now turning around at a global level?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are not allowed to have hope

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Worldometer was always hokey

China is lying their butts off.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Just an observation. It was going to turn around at some stage irrespective of the various interventions being used or not. Can only really speculate whether vaccines are "kicking in". Probably too early to tell anyway. Be interesting to see if the increase in cases continues to swing around and start to flatten out.

Well?
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Here in Utah, the number of new cases is on a definite downward trend, along with hospitalizations and percent positive covid tests. Things are indeed getting better.

My guess is that so many people have had the disease that the virus is having a more difficult time propagating itself. Plus vaccinations are being quite effectively rolled out. I get my second shot Tuesday.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by denton
Here in Utah, the number of new cases is on a definite downward trend, along with hospitalizations and percent positive covid tests. Things are indeed getting better.

My guess is that so many people have had the disease that the virus is having a more difficult time propagating itself. Plus vaccinations are being quite effectively rolled out. I get my second shot Tuesday.

Exactly the same here in Idaho. It’s petering out. The local hospital (80,000 soul service area) has two COVID patients. Docs know how to keep it from getting out of hand, for the most part. It’s pretty much run it’s course.

I talk to my college weight lifting buddy a couple of times a month, he lives in Singapore. Pretty much locked down until everyone is vaccinated. Lives on the 23rd floor in an 1,100 sq foot apartment with his mother in law. For 11 months now. The redhead wryly commented that at least jumping would be effective.....

I like our way better.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I keep an eye on the stat data on Worldometer, and have just noticed that over the past week or so that the rate of increase in cases has dropped, the death rate is about the same but it lags about 4 weeks behind anyway, and the active cases has actually started dropping. That would seem to indicate that things are now turning around at a global level?

Well of course, US elections are over and the Whitehouse has been usurped.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

during the historical height of the flu season? not bloody likely.... oh dementia Biden is to credit for this pre determined miracle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting to watch Sweden have less deaths per million and they didn't "lock down" than some other countries including the US

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 700LH
Interesting to watch Sweden have less deaths per million and they didn't "lock down" than some other countries including the US

Still relatively high though:

UK: 1,619 deaths per million
USA: 1,406 deaths per million
Sweden: 1,187 deaths per million

Still, they probably did less financial damage to their economy than others.

Well?
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ribka

during the historical height of the flu season? ....

That should mean that it'll start going up again, but maybe it won't. Possibly it cleared out the susceptible in the season last year.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH

I wonder how much being open during the summer in Sweden was key to this, given the strong relationship between vit. D and COVID survival. People outside getting sun and making vit. D, vs. locked up inside becoming vit D deficient.

Would make a good master’s thesis project for someone.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

It indicates that Trump left office a couple weeks ago. Numbers can come down now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10ring1, 007FJ, 48 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,406
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.