Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by high_country_
You're doing it wrong. I plow my neighbors out because they're my neighbors.

You're a good hombre.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ya somebody comes out of the house at me with a handgun, i doubt my first thought is my phone. i'm doing a scooby doo out of there to my nearest gun.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty bad shot but he got er done anyway,,, Damn!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
ya somebody comes out of the house at me with a handgun, i doubt my first thought is my phone. i'm doing a scooby doo out of there to my nearest gun.

I was shoveling with my son today.

I'd have had to reach under my coat, not run elsewhere to be armed and in the fight.

Then again, my neighbors shoot USPSA as a group and generally get along. I could see one neighbor building an air cannon to shoot snowballs at the rest of us though.....

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Manners. Get some, or die.πŸ˜‚

Sorry if I seem cold. Not really. They fugged around and found out, and the dude that let them get to him cut his life short over some stupid schit. Who wins? We do.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This happened not too far south of where I am. I know that area a bit. In towns here the heavy snow creates parking issues and it's not uncommon for neighbor spats over someone taking a parking spot in front of a house that the house owner shoveled out. Garbage cans propped up in cleared parking spots in an attempt to "save" the spot you just shoveled out while you're at work or out somewhere is common. I couldn't tell from the video if a parking spot was the issue but it wouldn't supprise me.
Stupid and unfortunate. If one of the parties had the good sense to ignore the other and walk away probably wouldn't have happened.
I live in the country.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reminded me of what Henry David Thoreau wrote.....

”The majority of men lead lives of quiet desperation.”

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
She ran her mouth until the very end...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like the shooter was an ok guy.
Not able to deal with the white trash across the road
the way they needed dealt with.

He wasn't able to meet that ass clown in the street and
hand out a good country ass whuppin.

Unfortunate how these situations play out.
They either make people's lives a living hell,
or they force them out.

This time, he snapped.
An axe handle would have been more appropriate.
But would have got him in a ton of trouble also.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Justifiable Homicide.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Those two probably should have been shot years earlier. Idiots.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Osky
How senseless was that?

Osky

True...so don't shovel crap onto other people's property and then abuse them.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We don't move our snow to another's property here without permission. Can't recall anyone being shot for such, but do know the local sheriff has had to go out and settle disputes.

1Minute
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Yankees love them some cussing. Pretty stupid.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
" I'll make your life a living hell living here. . . "

Huh ? It's one thing to fling derogatory comments
at somebody, but that's the wrong thing to say to
someone that's already on the edge. Shows what
a hateful pair the 2 were

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's been some discussion that the whole thing is a fake.

I don't know.

But that woman supposedly got shot multiple times and I don't see any blood.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
New York Post
Facebook

Flipboard

NEWS
Shooter in snow-shoveling murder-suicide was decorated Navy vet
By Joshua Rhett MillerFebruary 5, 2021 | 1:43pm

The Pennsylvania man caught on video ruthlessly gunning down two neighbors during a snow-shoveling dispute Monday before turning the gun on himself was an engineer and a decorated Navy veteran.
Jeffrey Allen Spaide, 47, a Wilkes-Barre native, graduated from Wilkes University with a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering in 2001 and went on to get his master’s degree in water resources and environmental engineering from Villanova University in 2005.

β€œJeff was employed as a licensed engineer for over 20 years,” his obituary reads. β€œHe also served in the United States Navy, working as a shipboard engineering technician.”
On his LinkedIn page, which identified him as a β€œprofessional engineer,” Spaide cited his active-duty status with the Navy from 1993 through 1998.

Navy officials confirmed Spaide’s service when contacted Friday by The Post. He enlisted in September 1993 and received training in Great Lakes, Illinois. He then served on USS America and USS Nassau, as well as at duty stations in Hampton Roads, Virginia, and Panama City, Florida. His active-duty status ended in May 1998 at a rank of Damage Controlman 2nd Class.

Spaide received numerous awards and decorations during his military career, according to his service record, including a Navy Achievement Medal, a Meritorious Unit Commendation and two National Defense Service Medals.

He also received an Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, a NATO Medal and Southwest Asia Service Medal with a Bronze Star, the record shows.

After leaving the Navy, Spaide continued his military service with the Army National Guard and Navy Reserve as a β€œheavy equipment operator,” according to his obituary.
His LinkedIn page says he joined the National Guard in 1999 before joining the Navy Reserve in 2002.

β€œOperated bulldozers, loaders, rollers, forklifts, dump trucks and other heavy construction equipment while on active duty and in various reserve training projects,” Spaide wrote of his time with the Navy Reserve.
While on active duty years earlier, Spaide said, he was responsible for maintaining water distribution and fire suppression equipment for the Navy.

The virtual resume also described him as being experienced in wastewater projects, landfills, transfer stations and waste-processing facilities.
He last worked as a facility engineer for the Lackawanna River Basin Sewer Authority in Throop, according to his profile.
Prior to that, Spaide listed himself as an environmental engineer manager for Pennsylvania’s Department of Environmental Protection, serving as the chief of its regional permitting section.

In his private time, Spaide enjoyed running marathons and spending time with relatives, especially his nephew Jayden.
β€œHe was a loving son, brother and uncle who will be greatly missed by his family and friends,” his obituary read.
Spaide is survived by his father, two sisters, a brother, and five nieces and nephews. A funeral home in Wilkes-Barre was handling his private service, the death notice said.

Following the carnage Monday, a witness reported seeing Spaide pacing inside his home near a window. He then shot himself as police approached, Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis said Tuesday.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yeah I’m serious, a lot of people on here think it’s justified that they got shot, He Should of stood up like a man either walk away from it, throw the shovel At them, He should’ve said come on let’s go meet right in the middle Of the street And duke it out, I don’t know where you live you must be living in a hole somewhere.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Stiff, I'm referring to you saying that God should "bless" the two people bullying their neighbor calling him a pussy and telling him that they're going to kick his ass. That's what you want God to bless?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Newsflash.....when somebody chooses to be an azzhole they dont get to dictate the level of response.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,775 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.