Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Mine is made in the Philippines

Same here....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
My guess the majority of the guys will find this to be a good scope well worth the money

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Cabela's Express shipping got it to the door in 2 days. Initial impression was positive, and the reticle favorable.

Mounted it up right away on the Ruger MPR.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conditions were pretty shltty to be sighting in a scope, with another snow storm on the way, 20 degrees, & 25+ winds already. Access road to my "range" was also starting to drift in. With the wind out of the east, it would give me mostly a tailwind, & hopefully not as bad in the bottom.

I drove down to the 200 yard mark, dropped a target there, then back to the 50 yard line and dropped a second for initial zeroing, and then got set up.

First shot was high/left, cranked the scope both directions, and took another......close enough. Moved to the 100 yard mark, and within a couple more, was setting an inch high. Scope seemed to respond as expected.

Moved to the 200 yard target, first shot was a dead center 10 ring, next 2 a bit left, but a nice 1 1/2" triangle. Gave the scope one click right, and then shot a 4 shot, perfectly square, 2" group dead center.

IC B2

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Last test.....loaded up 5 more rounds, and banged them off as quick as I could get back on the target.

Not bad, five in 2 1/4", four in 1 1/4", three in 3/4".

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Looks like a winner to me. I like those little Burris’s myself. Seems like you have to spend a lot more money than what they cost to really whoop em.

Semper Fi
aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I didn't do a tracking test, spin the dial a bunch, or check RTZ.

Clicks were a little soft, but I think the temps played a partial role in that......and cold fingers.

I like the reticle. It could stand to be a bit thicker for this application on the AR, with it's slim chance of going much past 300.

I think it would shine on longer ranges w/o obscuring the target at distance.

Late that afternoon, I was comparing this scope to a Vari-X 3.5-10x40 regular duplex, a VXR 2-7x33, a VXR 3-9x40, a VX5 3-15x44 w/Firedot, and a NF 2.5-10x32 w/ the IHR reticle. Tough to judge glass out the somewhat dirty front window, but I had had enough fresh air for one day. All the snow cover made the reticles stand out more as well. The neighbor has a big ass spruce tree in the back yard, so I compared reticles on their lowest power against the tree.

The NF gave out first, that was expected, but the illumination cures that quite well.

The Burris died next. I believe it could go further if the horizontal lines extended to the edge, like the E3's, better yet if they got bigger as well. Up to the end of legal big game hunting, I think it'll do just fine as is. A lit + in the middle would be the cat's ass, which is available on the FF IV's.

The 3 Leupolds with the Firedot duplexes won by a long shot, even w/o the illumination on. I see people complain about the narrow portion being too wide, but I think it's perfect, especially with coyotes on the menu.

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Also, for anyone on the fence, Cabelas/Asspro has 10% off online orders over $50.00 today only.

Of course I bought last week.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tails show you had a little 'Van Dyne push' going on...... wink -Al

Last edited by Al_Nyhus; 02/04/21.

Forbidden Zoner
IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Optics planet has a version with the standard plex, 1” tube and it’s $199 though. My buddy got one of the illuminated models while Natchez was clearing them out. I should have bought a couple then, it’s a damn good hunting scope for the money.

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Tails show you had a little 'Van Dyne push' going on...... wink -Al

It varied between a Van Dyne push, shove, and/or a kick in the ass.....w/o the pressure of course.... grin

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Spin the nuts off the turrets and report back.

I’ll send ya some 223 range brass if you drop it 4 foot onto packed snow a couple times as well.

I got one rig that really doesn’t much more then a decent reticle and ability to hold zero and stay together

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I bought one today. It was really cheap after using my bucks...

NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Anyone know what the fixed knob on the turret assembly is... where the old Posi-Locks used to be?

For the record, I love these scopes!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ckat
Anyone know what the fixed knob on the turret assembly is... where the old Posi-Locks used to be?

For the record, I love these scopes!

I believe it’s the parallax adjustment knob. I haven’t tried removing the cap to see what it is under it and probably should re-read the manual although it doesn’t appear to go into much detail.

This is the first Burris scope that I bought that hasn’t come on a rifle. So far I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how bright and clear it is for the money. I will get a turret or two made when I settle on loads but while I don’t plan on using this scope to dial I am interested in how it tracks and RTZ. My impression on the factory turret is that it’s a little more mushy than the Meopta and Zeiss but not Leupold mushy. 😁. I do wish the reticle was a little more bold but I’m used to a similar reticle on my Zeiss and so far it’s never been a problem.

Seems like a damn good deal and a lot of scope for the money.

ETA...After going back and looking at the users manual I’m now totally unsure what the little tit on the lower left side of the turret actually is. 😁. I don’t see anything in the users manual that indicates what it is either...

Last edited by AcesNeights; 02/06/21.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
.After going back and looking at the users manual I’m now totally unsure what the little tit on the lower left side of the turret actually is. 😁. I don’t see anything in the users manual that indicates what it is either...

Some nitrogen fill ports are like that. -Al

Last edited by Al_Nyhus; 02/06/21.

Forbidden Zoner
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mine arrived already from Cabelas. I have a 2x8 Burris 1” tube with the E1 already which I have on a 6.5 grendel AR. It was just a tad underpowered. I like simple reticles with some ranging hashmarks and the E1 is right there, I do like stadia lines on the thin side and these I would consider medium thickness.

After using 30mm tubes on my 3 gun rifles it is hard to go back to 1” tubes, this will help.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
.After going back and looking at the users manual I’m now totally unsure what the little tit on the lower left side of the turret actually is. 😁. I don’t see anything in the users manual that indicates what it is either...

Some nitrogen fill ports are like that. -Al

It is the nitrogen port. I called and asked because it’s in the same spot as the old Posi-lock, and also the coil bias spring on my Hawke Endurance 30 8x56.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think I'll be ordering one of these

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.