Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Took Johnny Law 4 years to finally nail Adrian Woods for killing at least 6 elk in Crater Lake National Park. That's just the ones they found over the 4 year period. So, Woods got 3 years Fed probation and 6 months in a halfway house and a 42,000 dollar fine. But then they really racked his ass, he loses his park privileges for the rest of his life. Wow.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Some years ago a guy who made hunting videos was caught shooting an elk in Yellowstone. It cost him his business in addition to some very heavy fines. It all depends on the lawyers and the judge.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
https://ktvz.com/news/wildlife/2021...y-bull-elk-at-crater-lake-national-park/

Judging by some of the details in the story if he’d been outside of the park he probably would have been convicted on many more state charges. Maybe they still can?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I wouldnt support the actions of this fellow but on the same token we get our panties all up in a bunch if a person illeagally takes an elk, yet theres untold numbers of them killed by presation in the wolf states and places with high cat and bear densities.

The guy obviously wasnt an great ambassador for the hunting community but really we need to keep thing in perspective in the larger picture. He got punished plenty. Now if he murdered a human than yeah, punish him but im not for locking up or ruining someones life over an elk.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
I wouldnt support the actions of this fellow but on the same token we get our panties all up in a bunch if a person illeagally takes an elk, yet theres untold numbers of them killed by presation in the wolf states and places with high cat and bear densities.

I'm guessing you mean predation and not presation? If that is the case I am absolutely incredulous that you are trying to equate natural predator/prey relationships in the wild with a criminal act. You cannot be serious.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MAC

I'm guessing you mean predation and not presation? If that is the case I am absolutely incredulous that you are trying to equate natural predator/prey relationships in the wild with a criminal act. You cannot be serious.

Hard to type on a phone. Yeah im serious. It was a criminal act to have such an imbalance of predation in the 3 northern rockies states to begin with. I think the guy made some bad choices, but i certainly dont want to see his life ruined.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by MAC

Hard to type on a phone. Yeah im serious. It was a criminal act to have such an imbalance of predation in the 3 northern rockies states to begin with. I think the guy made some bad choices, but i certainly dont want to see his life ruined.

Wasn't just "an elk" - he's been busy for a while - I think he got off light - but, also reading in the link that he has a felony on his record, the State may be going after him through other charges for firearm possession.

"In total, investigators definitively linked six seized specimens to elk or deer poached by Wood in the national park in 2015 and 2016."

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MAC

More horseshit from a moron....are humans not predators? Are elk not our food? STFU, moron. Go ask your superior what you should think about the next thing. He and I disagree on this one.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Old Pine, are you some kind of Democrat? Or didn't read the link? You didn't want to see the guy's life ruined? JFC man. The cops have been after him for 6 years! The law only found 6 carcasses, but they have a text from him to a buddy bragging on killing 24! He involved his adult son. He obviously wasn't hungry, more phone messages that he was passing up 5pts to get a really big one. Adrian Woods knew exactly what he was doing, with full knowledge and intent. By your reasoning, I guess it's ok to ignore every law in the book because wolves do it. Great logic.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC

Probably one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Back in the day some poached to keep meat on the table so their women and kids would not go hungry. One can almost understand that. But it isn't back in the day anymore when you look at the fact he was killing trophy bulls to sell the antlers and wasting the meat it isn't a matter of need to eat. For what his poaching expenses were he could have more than kept eating. It was a matter of making money illegally at the expense of all of the taxpayers. Far as I'm concerned he should have been financially stripped of a possessions and assets, lost all hunting and fishing privileges forever as well as done time until his asshol* was stretched to a point he comes up positive for aids. But hey I wouldn't want to be mean to him. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Back in the day some poached to keep meat on the table so their women and kids would not go hungry. One can almost understand that. But it isn't back in the day anymore when you look at the fact he was killing trophy bulls to sell the antlers and wasting the meat it isn't a matter of need to eat. For what his poaching expenses were he could have more than kept eating. It was a matter of making money illegally at the expense of all of the taxpayers. Far as I'm concerned he should have been financially stripped of a possessions and assets, lost all hunting and fishing privileges forever as well as done time until his asshol* was stretched to a point he comes up positive for aids. But hey I wouldn't want to be mean to him. Mb

My feelings in a nut shell !! smile

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MAC

I agree.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone around here knows about the nice hurds in Crater Lake. We’d all like to hunt them.

Even a felon could put in for the late season muzzle loader tag and have a chance at an early snow and stay legal.

That [bleep] could have bought a lot potato’s and top ramen for just one tank of gas to get up there. Seeing how he was even entering the racks in the local best bull contest prove what a Jack hole he is. He should have been hammered, hopefully a hard working local boys will roll him up for justice sake.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm thinkin' I might have seen this jackass posing with one of his trophy's on the bulletin board at Sportsmens Warehouse in Medford a couple years ago. In the photo, that may or may not have been him, he was posing on the tailgate of a very nice late model tricked out 4x4 pickup. I was told somebody wrote a letter to "Jefferson Byways" news claiming to know Woods, said he was drawing disability thru workmens comp. Workin' the system...if true.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,577
Posts18,492,049
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.