Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Sam Olson enjoying the good kush got me to thinking. Marijuana is illegal at the federal level. However, there area states that have decriminalized it in spite of that. Is it POSSIBLE the same could happen with guns when the inevitable happens with this current administration? States that are currently “free” become sanctuaries. Texas, Wyoming, Utah, Florida, ECT, what say you?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its coming.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Check out Sanctuarycounties.org

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read question E number 11 form 4473

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Question 21f

Are you on happy pills, or accepted VA ptsd disability claim?

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

Question 21f

Are you on happy pills, or accepted VA ptsd disability claim?

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Sam Olson enjoying the good kush got me to thinking. Marijuana is illegal at the federal level. However, there area states that have decriminalized it in spite of that. Is it POSSIBLE the same could happen with guns when the inevitable happens with this current administration? States that are currently “free” become sanctuaries. Texas, Wyoming, Utah, Florida, ECT, what say you?

Yes and no.

Yes, States can refuse to spend money, resources and manpower enforcing Federal laws.

...but they cannot make “legal” what the Federal Government deems Illegal, therefore although they can refuse to enforce Federal laws, they cannot stop or interfere with Federal Law Enforcement officers enforcing Federal Laws within the State.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by steve4102

Yes and no.

Yes, States can refuse to spend money, resources and manpower enforcing Federal laws.

...but they cannot make “legal” what the Federal Government deems Illegal, therefore although they can refuse to enforce Federal laws, they cannot stop or interfere with Federal Law Enforcement officers enforcing Federal Laws within the State.

I am not disagreeing with this, but I have always wondered why or how does the DEA not prosecute all of the drug shops in Colorado? Serious question. I am guessing that the Feds are just choosing to not enforce Federal law in Colorado? Looks like this is a states rights issue.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Until it’s legal on the federal level the industry is handicapped.
Very few banks are interested in financing.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Henryseale

Yes and no.

I am not disagreeing with this, but I have always wondered why or how does the DEA not prosecute all of the drug shops in Colorado? Serious question. I am guessing that the Feds are just choosing to not enforce Federal law in Colorado? Looks like this is a states rights issue.

They are selectively enforcing Federal Marijuana laws in several states, especially when there are firearms involved.

https://www.seattlepi.com/seattlene...-marijuana-grower-charged-in-4965683.php

https://missoulian.com/news/local/m...9211f90-6ca5-11e2-aa17-001a4bcf887a.html

https://www.bouldercounty.org/safety/firearms/concealed-handgun-permit/frequently-asked-questions/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Henryseale

Yes and no.

Because they are told not to.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The “legalization” is a misnomer as are “sanctuary” cities. The feds still possess all the authority they need to turn you onto your ear.

It is a despicable handling of our country’s laws.

I am all for making weed legal but this is not the proper way to do it.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The ATF will not be told to stand down if that happened.

It’s a very real problem and indicative of how corrupt our government has become.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jackmountain

And they should be reluctant.

If your business is connected to another case and you don’t want to play ball, they can leverage federal authority to destroy your life and business.

And they will.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When I run into a doper. I turn around. I will not talk or do business with them. It is foolish to think that dope is their only problem.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Kansas Second Amendment Protection Act.

Three years ago, in a move intended to signal its profound devotion to gun rights — and opposition to new restrictions being weighed by Congress — the Kansas legislature passed a law that never had any chance of actually taking force.
The “Second Amendment Protection Act” declared that federal laws and regulations do not apply to any gun manufactured in the state, so long as it is marked “Made in Kansas” and remains within the state’s borders at all times after its production.
The law — which, again, was invalid from the outset — also applied to ammunition and firearm accessories made in Kansas. It declared that federal law enforcement agents would be guilty of a felony if they attempted to enforce federal laws regarding these products within state borders.

It’s clear now that the legislators who pushed forward the law were well aware of the unresolvable conflict with federal law and the U.S. Constitution, and that they assumed that Kansans would understand that the act was meant to send a message, not to be taken literally.
But some Kansas gun sellers and buyers apparently didn’t get the memo.

More here
https://www.thetrace.org/2016/12/kansas-second-amendment-protection-act-silencers/

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
[quote=MM879]When I run into a doper. I turn around. I will not talk or do business with them. It is foolish to think that dope is their only problem. [/quote

That’s pretty funny that you think that of all the people you’ve ever met in your life, you’ve been able to identify all of them who smoke marijuana. I’d bet that you’ve talked, and done business with more than a few.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[quote=MM879]When I run into a doper. I turn around. I will not talk or do business with them. It is foolish to think that dope is their only problem. [/quote

That’s pretty funny that you think that of all the people you’ve ever met in your life, you’ve been able to identify all of them who smoke marijuana. I’d bet that you’ve talked, and done business with more than a few.

How true, the average person would be shocked to know their doctor / lawyer / etc. might enjoy some smoke now and then.

I'd much rather work with an occasional smoker than someone who sucks on a bottle.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jackmountain

And they should be reluctant.

If your business is connected to another case and you don’t want to play ball, they can leverage federal authority to destroy your life and business.

And they will.

Sndl
Acb

Missing out.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i hate pot it stinks

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 33 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,489
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.