Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#15768003 02/09/21
P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Wow, Trump's lawyers prove the old adage, "You get what you pay for." Trump famously doesn't pay his bills, plus he's a piece of sh*t, so he can't hire competent legal counsel. His current lawyers are a complete mess, but then they have nothing to work with. Democrats will make a strong case, McConnell says Republicans should vote their conscience. As if they had one. Trump should be convicted, spend his last days behind bars.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Paddler
Wow, Trump's lawyers prove the old adage, "You get what you pay for." Trump famously doesn't pay his bills, plus he's a piece of sh*t, so he can't hire competent legal counsel. His current lawyers are a complete mess, but then they have nothing to work with. Democrats will make a strong case, McConnell says Republicans should vote their conscience. As if they had one. Trump should be convicted, spend his last days behind bars.

Your husband shouldn't let you alone....

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Frankly, you are the piece of sh*t pal.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As far as I'm aware, being a piece of sh*t doesn't constitute a reason to put a man in jail in the United States. At least not yet. I like to believe that that is one of the good things about the country.
Grown men engaging in this petty bullshit is not a pretty sight to behold. Maybe deciding to jail the perceived savior of a big chunk of the population is not the best way to "unite" a country as we have been hearing so often.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, from what I saw yesterday on CSPAN, Trumps Lawyers laid it out better than the ones for the Democrats. Problem is, most everyone already has their mind made up, way too many made it up four years ago. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Trump should be convicted, spend his last days behind bars.

You do know that all this would mean is that he can’t run for President again right?

Some kind of special here...

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Dims win and get what they want and still arent ever happy.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by efw

Trump should be convicted, spend his last days behind bars.

You do know that all this would mean is that he can’t run for President again right?

Some kind of special here...

Well, no, but it is what they want you to think.

It would also mean he gets booted from being the POTUS, which is why they are trying to pull this off. Nancy and McConnell KNOW more than they are letting on. whistle wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/10/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't claim to be a legal strategist

but I gotta say, starting off by congratulating the prosecution to the extent you admit it caught you by surprise and you're changing your strategy as your opening statement doesn't seem like a solid move

moot point because the Senate is not going to convict.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by Soulfly; 02/10/21.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
*competent*

Word for the day.

How’s the Dr business going?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

The whole thing is a sham that's already been decided. Everyone knew the vote yesterday, everyone knows the vote later.

The articles about it show the sham, they talk about how "focused and organized' the D side was and how "unorganized" Trump's lawyers were, that's the justifications being used for the vote, nothing about the arguments made or not made.

McConnell saying "vote your conscience" if flat out STUPID, this shouldn't be about conscience or feeling, it should be about constitutional law. You should be able to totally hate Trump, think he's a vile human being, but still vote not-guilty if he didn't directly tell people to violently invade the capital.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Every time the democrats change the rules it has always bit their ass in the long term. Why are they even having a mock trial? Just vote and get it over with. I'm all for giving the democrats and RINOs Tarleton's quarter!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Every time the democrats change the rules it has always bit their ass in the long term. Why are they even having a mock trial? Just vote and get it over with. I'm all for giving the democrats and RINOs Tarleton's quarter!

Gain back the house, bring Obama up for impeachment over a whole array of items.
Mooch ain't gonna like losing pension & security

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Padiddles,

Another wishful thinking post. Now you know it's not happening, except in your wildest fantasies.

Feel free to check back in with us next week....or not......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They want to use this part of his speech to say he incited riot:

"Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you, we’re going to walk down, we’re going to walk down.

Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated."

Yet since the dems and the media is so adept at fragmenting and changing context they ignore this:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

It's one statement, one train of thought, it cannot be fragmented.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone who thinks anything that comes out of anyone's mouth during the impeachment proceedings matters is dummerdnfuhgk.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Armednfree
They want to use this part of his speech to say he incited riot:

"Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you, we’re going to walk down, we’re going to walk down.

Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated."

Yet since the dems and the media is so adept at fragmenting and changing context they ignore this:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

It's one statement, one train of thought, it cannot be fragmented.

Yeah, but he said that with an implied wink, and everyone knows that. It doesn't matter that the Capitol was being breached as he uttered those words either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,132 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,926
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.