Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Did roundhill buy the ammunition business?
Or someone else.

Vista bought out the ammo part of Remington. I'm still getting emails from Remington ammunition, for whatever it's worth........up to date stuff.

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I have watched over the years as one gun maker after another is sold then bought, Kimber and Dakota Arms are examples, then the product is less than what it used to be. Our old line gun makers that helped build this nation are mostly gone. Now these companies are managed by accountants that likely have no interest in shooting or promoting shooting let alone how a firearm of any kind should be made. I also agree with those that think getting out of New York would be a good move. I bet there are allot of the trained people in Wichita, Kansas that used to build airplanes that lost their jobs after obama killed the industry that could easily step in and make great stuff. You likely won't hear any such thoughts from these new owners though. MAGA should apply here hands down!

Well said and so, so true. NY is not the place for any firearms company. I wish I could get out of here myself... What's keeping me you ask? Family and being almost old...

Last edited by old_boots; 02/11/21.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wdenike
Staying in New York? Didn’t learn a fuggen thing.

Take care, Willie

!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
New guns from Remington???? Nah.....
Can’t wait for the Remington branded stuff....
Remington Shoes
Remington Boots
Remington’s new line of women’s sportswear
Remington’s back to school collection
Remington Jeti Coolers
Remington boxer shorts (Those are the one’s I’m waiting for....)

The bought the brand name and will pollute it..... I still remember when Abercrombie and Fitch still sold guns and real hunting stuff and I”m not that old...butt getting there.
Orvis stores used to have guns..... now cheap Chicom chit.....

Sad when legacy brands are beat out by Bear Creek Arsenal, Palmetto State Armory, PTR but the new smaller guys are forward thinkers and if the legacy brands can’t see change and innovation and abandon their quality, they die off..... sad but it’s the natural state of things....

Last edited by 240NMC; 02/11/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I’m pretty sure Remington (the firearms part) was bought by a group put together by former firearms industry execs who want to produce a solid product.

I don’t envy guys in the industry today. The 870, 1100, 700, and a few others are among the best designs ever conceived in those classes of firearms. If you produce them to the standard they were produced in 1980, you’ll go out of business as people buy $400 American rifles and Savages and Turkish shotguns. If you cut enough corners to make them competitive with those designs, everyone bitches about how cheap and [bleep] they have become.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/11/21.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
. Now these companies are managed by accountants that likely have no interest in shooting or promoting shooting let alone how a firearm of any kind should be made.

Absolutely false. Accountants don't manage or make decisions. We just relay financial information after the CEO's make their bad decisions. If your job title has a C in front of it, you are company cancer.

Maybe after 80 years Remington will toss that schitty trigger in the nearest lake and design something better and safer.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by old_boots

Expect more cheapened products with lousy customer service. Remember, it's all about the $$$...

Nobody, not even you, is going to start up a business , or acquire an existing business without $$$ being top priority.

...and nobody is going to invest (stock market) in a company that cannot make $$$.

I’m going to start up a company manufacturing xxxx, just so I can put a bunch of overplayed underachieving Union members to work even though I won’t make any $$$, said no one, ever.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yeah baby !

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They can get likely put a shot in the arm of the 700 by changing some of their dinosaur-twist-rates.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
What happened to Remington would put any firearms company in the world out of business if it happened to them. It didn’t matter how many guns they sold. Cerebus simply used Remington as a way to make money. Not through sales, but through taking on debt.

It really should be illegal. It’s no different than what Tony Soprano and his crew did the the sporting goods store in one of the early seasons when the store’s owner got into gambling debt with them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Did roundhill buy the ammunition business?
Or someone else.

Vista bought out the ammo part of Remington. I'm still getting emails from Remington ammunition, for whatever it's worth........up to date stuff.

That's right..

Someone posted awhile back that Vista run customer service was standing behind legacy products.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
What happened to Remington would put any firearms company in the world out of business if it happened to them. It didn’t matter how many guns they sold. Cerebus simply used Remington as a way to make money. Not through sales, but through taking on debt.

It really should be illegal. It’s no different than what Tony Soprano and his crew did the the sporting goods store in one of the early seasons when the store’s owner got into gambling debt with them.

Truth.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have 2 Remington 700's. I like the fit and feel of both of them. I would consider another one if they made a .223 with an 8 twist barrel. I have the 12 twist but there is no shooting anything longer than a 62 grain bullet in it. It's the 21st century, An 8 twist is where it's at. Good luck Roundhill, I hope you pull it off.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
They should bring back the 788.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
This is the first that I’ve heard of it but it sounds like more of the same O’l. A group called “Roundhill Group” that didn’t have an FFL at the time that they bought Remington and is building them in NY. Anything with “group” in the title and no FFL sounds like more of the same a company more interested in making money off the name and some patents than they are innovation or an actual interest in firearms.

Innovation? I'd say there isn't much left to innovate for the most part. All new designs are just tweaks of old. Rounds are the same way. Just trying to sell more to folks that have stuff that works already.

Regardless your take or need on the above if they are going to get up and running and can sell guns and make money more power to them. At least best I can tell they never sold their company down the river to the anti gunners like Bill Ruger did years ago.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
. Now these companies are managed by accountants that likely have no interest in shooting or promoting shooting let alone how a firearm of any kind should be made.

Absolutely false. Accountants don't manage or make decisions. We just relay financial information after the CEO's make their bad decisions. If your job title has a C in front of it, you are company cancer.

Maybe after 80 years Remington will toss that schitty trigger in the nearest lake and design something better and safer.

Have Rem triggers from the 70s forward. Still never had or seen an issue unless they are monkey'ed with....I suppose today that could change though.

But I agree, after a stupid lawsuit or two you would think you'd just start over again just to avoid all the pricks looking for a free ride

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reopening the NY plant and rehiring a portion of its union employees was a condition of the sale imposed on them by the bankruptcy court you morons.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd say there isn't much left to innovate for the most part. All new designs are just tweaks of old.

Have you seen what Keltec has been up to the last few years?

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Who cares? What I want to know is when or if whoever bought the ammo business have started or will start mass producing ammo and primers again.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.