Print Thread
Hop To
B
BLRNut Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I saw a backstrap recipe here and now I can't find it. The recipe post showed the split backstrap stuffed with anduie (SP) sausage and wrapped in bacon. I don't remember the temperature, cooking procedure, or time.

IT LOOKED OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Please help me find it.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BLRNut
I saw a backstrap recipe here and now I can't find it. The recipe post showed the split backstrap stuffed with anduie (SP) sausage and wrapped in bacon. I don't remember the temperature, cooking procedure, or time.

[quote=srwshooter]family coming later today for christmas eve dinner.they all asked if i was cooking deer on the grill so i had to do it.

[Linked Image]

whole backstrap from a fat doe i killed a few weeks ago. fried a small pack of pork sausage then cut into long strips. cut the backstrap long ways almost in half and stuffed the sausage in it. then seasoned with montreal steak seasoning and garlic powder. then wrapped in bacon. i will cook at 325deg until the bacon is done. with the sausage already cooked inside theres no need to cook over rare.i will then slice into about 1inch slices.

wife has ham,mash taters,mac & cheese,brocolli casarol. one family member always brings a bushel of oysters. on the grill with those with butter,garlic and hot sauce .should be a great christmas eve.

This one?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BLRNut

Please help me find it.
Originally Posted by LostArra
Compliments of my daughter.

Marinaded whole venison backstrap sliced lengthwise
Boudin sausage
Bacon
Pepper

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

in Smoker or oven. We use internal thermometer to avoid overcooking the venison. (130 F is good) The boudin is already fully cooked.

[Linked Image]

Slice and eat. Horseradish sauce is good.

[Linked Image]

Enjoy

[Linked Image]

or this one?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Oh my. I'm gonna have to try that one. Freakin awesome.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (22250rem, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.