Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Made in China. My older Sitka was made in Vietnam.

Ahh, I didn't realize that. Is there a big quality difference between the 2?

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"ve had expensive and mid priced. What I tend to like about mid price is it works, and I get a season or two and rip it or such. Easier on the wallet to replace. Rip the high end stuff you still have patched high end stuff thats expensive.

I've yet to wander over to Kuiu. Mostly because I rarely run camo hunting or guiding( birds are different obviously) and I can find enough stuff the way I want it cheaper... layer and have a rain shell and call it good.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not tried Sitka specifically but I believe waterfowl gear is a place to spend money if you have it.

I happen to like Drake's Duck jacket. Don't remember the model, had it almost about 15 years. GREAT stuff and well thought out. Don't know current offerings because I've not needed to replace it yet. Tho likely should soon.

For waders - I'd go Simms and not look back.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrazyCoot
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Made in China. My older Sitka was made in Vietnam.

Ahh, I didn't realize that. Is there a big quality difference between the 2?

Communist China is the country who joined with the Dems to spring the Covid 19 attack on America and destroy the Trump economy and get Biden elected. Does that answer your question about "quality?" cool

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by duck911
Over priced as chit.

Just paying for a fancy logo you can flash on your back window.

can you post some pics of some of the animals and birds you have taken the past few months cuck?

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
For those of you touting drake branded products, do you hunt?

I've had 4 of their jackets and two pairs of their waders. Absolute garbage.

Their original quarter zip lasted me two seasons which is the best I got, everything else hasn't lasted one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sitka sponsors a LOT of people who know what they're doing. A lot of people want to look like the people that know what they're doing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just buy it at 50 to 60 per cent off now. No brainer. Just wearing their fanatic hoody ice fishing today. Make decent stuff.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I asked this exact question to a bunch of Alaskan hunting guides. For the $, hell no. When clients donate Sitka gear to them after the hunt, they sell it.

Every single one of five bear guides I came across had these.

https://www.hhworkwear.com/en_us_ww/impertech-long-coat-70149

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good info.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RAS
I asked this exact question to a bunch of Alaskan hunting guides. For the $, hell no. When clients donate Sitka gear to them after the hunt, they sell it.

Every single one of five bear guides I came across had these.

https://www.hhworkwear.com/en_us_ww/impertech-long-coat-70149

Have impertech and wore in in Washington fishing off the coast and steel head fishing in the OP and on a bear hunt up in POW SE Alaska. I wouldn't wear it in drier climates though hiking up mountains chasing elk and deer or fly fishing. Different gear for different situations

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ribka

Agree but Kodiak Island is about as wet as you can get. But they loved these coats. The coat goes over their waders. They sell these all over Alaska. And Alaska is the true test for wet weather gear in my opinion. These guys use it to make a living.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've got a heli Hansen jacket but would never wear it duck hunting.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1minute, 160user, 21, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,514
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.