Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by lynntelk
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Ha ha.. I wont post pictures until after I get it. Waiting on background check. Its a 5 digit classic stainless 30-06 fwt, with walnut stock. I've been waiting to come across this certain configuration for quite a while now, at the right price tag, of course. Condition is about 90%. No real wear on the metal/stainless, clean bolt face, sharp rifling. The only real flaws are in the stock. Some small bumps and scratches, but not bad overall. The rifle came with a silver Leupold vari-x IIc 3-9x40, that I'll sell to recoup some of the money I spent on the rifle. What say you Winchester experts.

Question #1:

Is it left-handed?

No further questions.

smile

Its a right handed stainless classic fwt in walnut stock.. Around here, I don't see them often. Especially the 5 digit models. Someone said they made a lot of them. I call bs. This is the first one I've ran across in person. The stainless synthetics are more prevalent, but even those are hard to come by. Guys don't want to give up their 5 digit classics for some reason. Go figure..

I believe I am responsible for the "made a lot of them' remark. Guess the sarcasm font wasn't working. I have a few of the 5 digit classics and they are keepers. I did offer a 5 digit stainless classic rifle/scope package with a Zeiss last year. I received offers for the rifle but no one wanted the scope and I did not want to separate.

Good scopes sell like hotcakes on ebay. Also, A lot of guys dont want a rifle scope combo, unless its a steal. Thats just how it works.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lynntelk
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Ha ha.. I wont post pictures until after I get it. Waiting on background check. Its a 5 digit classic stainless 30-06 fwt, with walnut stock. I've been waiting to come across this certain configuration for quite a while now, at the right price tag, of course. Condition is about 90%. No real wear on the metal/stainless, clean bolt face, sharp rifling. The only real flaws are in the stock. Some small bumps and scratches, but not bad overall. The rifle came with a silver Leupold vari-x IIc 3-9x40, that I'll sell to recoup some of the money I spent on the rifle. What say you Winchester experts.

Question #1:

Is it left-handed?

No further questions.

smile

Its a right handed stainless classic fwt in walnut stock.. Around here, I don't see them often. Especially the 5 digit models. Someone said they made a lot of them. I call bs. This is the first one I've ran across in person. The stainless synthetics are more prevalent, but even those are hard to come by. Guys don't want to give up their 5 digit classics for some reason. Go figure..

I believe I am responsible for the "made a lot of them' remark. Guess the sarcasm font wasn't working. I have a few of the 5 digit classics and they are keepers. I did offer a 5 digit stainless classic rifle/scope package with a Zeiss last year. I received offers for the rifle but no one wanted the scope and I did not want to separate.

Good scopes sell like hotcakes on ebay. Also, A lot of guys dont want a rifle scope combo, unless its a steal. Thats just how it works.

Truth.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
3 weeks later. Never had a background check take that long. Boy have times changed. Hopefully it will go back to normal one of these days. So I picked up the rifle today. She was dirty, needed cleaning, but here it is after I got it home, before I tore into it:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
$675.00 worth right there^^

I tore the old girl apart, pulled the bolt apart, pulled the trigger out and put a lighter spring in it. The old one was as springy as a rock. Set trigger to 2.5 pounds (a good safe 2.5 pounds), scrubbed dirt and gunk off and emptied the pine needles out of the stock. Re-tapped the scope mount holes, polished out the follower, removed the copper from the barrel, scrubbed the bridges off and prepped it for new Leupold DD bases. Installed DD's and loctited them down, oiled everything and put it back together. Installed Zeiss conquest 4.5-14x44 that I found 2 weeks ago at a shop for a great deal. I'll end up selling the Leupold on ebay for something like $375.00.

Here's the top of the receiver after I removed the old loctite and re-tapped the holes. I do that to remove old loctite. The threads are perfect:

Now how it looks:
Bore looks great. I have high hopes for this rifle. I think it will shoot pretty good. We shall see...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looking good!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wow buddy! That’s a great looking Featherweight.

Looking forward to seeing what it does on the range. Came out real clean.

Semper Fi
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You got $300 in a stainless model 70 featherweight? Azzhole🤣

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Wow buddy! That’s a great looking Featherweight.

Looking forward to seeing what it does on the range. Came out real clean.

Rifling looks pretty good. I have a good feeling about it. You know me, I'll keep you guys filled in with honest results... One thing I can say is I hope it shoots as consistently as well as my new Tikka 308. If it did better, I'd be even happier.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Ha ha.. Isn't that how you are supposed to do it? I have that much into the Tikka T3 stainless lite 308w I bought a week before I bought this fwt. I've been experimenting with Barnes bullets with that rifle, but it also seems to like Nosler partitions as well too. I guess I've just been getting lucky lately.. whistle grin

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You did well on that deal!

Purty rifle.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I hate to give away my secrets in gun buying, but check these out:

Leupold Vari-x IIC 3-9x40 sold on ebay

Crazy price on this silver Leupold

Silver Leupold Vari-x IIc 3-9X40 Sold on ebay for $476.00+ shipping

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
You did well on that deal!

Purty rifle.

-Jake

Thanks Jake. It was only listed for a day. I saw it and drove 90 miles after work to buy it. Thankfully it was still there and no gunshop saw it. It was listed online for everyone to see. This is the second rifle I've bought from this place that had this particular Leupold rifle scope on it. For some reason they sell like hotcakes over on ebay. It seems there are a few guy out there that really like these older silver Leupolds. For those in the know, they also know the beauty in the "IIc" Leupold. I don't like Leupolds, but I'll buy a rifle with this particular scope on it every day and twice on sunday. The last one I bought was a year ago. A like new Ruger boat paddle 30-06, for $500.00. Sold the scope for $325.00. The prices have gone up on these scopes since last year. I only have $175.00 in that particular 30-06 and it is a nice one..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was just messing with you

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

You are right. I only have $300.00 into the rifle. That rifle would bring $850+on gunbroker.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

You are right. I only have $300.00 into the rifle. That rifle would bring $850+on gunbroker.

Sell it for that ,give some to St Jude children hospital

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BSA....FYI

If you have a CCW permit, give your ID# to your FFL for your background check. It will push your application to the front of the line.

I’ve had as many as 4600 applications for review in front of mine. 40 minutes max and I was out the door with my firearm.

I’ve done this 4 times since the riots and covid. 20 minutes was my typical wait, 40 minutes was the longest.

🦫

PS

Nice rifle.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
hey BSA, that looks like a really nice one - congrats !

I think you usually bed these. Are you planning to bed it, or shoot it first?

Tim

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I’ll give $499 plus shipping for rifle

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
BSA....FYI

If you have a CCW permit, give your ID# to your FFL for your background check. It will push your application to the front of the line.

I’ve had as many as 4600 applications for review in front of mine. 40 minutes max and I was out the door with my firearm.

I’ve done this 4 times since the riots and covid. 20 minutes was my typical wait, 40 minutes was the longest.

🦫

PS

Nice rifle.

#elitist

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
NICE! 200gr Partitions at 2700 with H-4831, RL-17 or 22 and you're gold for anything in this country to a long 400 yards, Congrats on a looker Buddy.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
NICE! 200gr Partitions at 2700 with H-4831, RL-17 or 22 and you're gold for anything in this country to a long 400 yards, Congrats on a looker Buddy.

Took me awhile to come around but the 06 with the good 200+ grain Bullets is pretty darned effective.

Semper Fi
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 20 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,627
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.