B
Don't put down the Welch, other part is Highland scotch and pretty big my self

GB1

T
TCK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Have two very good friends today. One I have known since diapers, the other since the 80's.
In the early 70's I bought a life insurance policy and the agent had an unusual last name. He was from PA. and we were 20 somethings in KS at the time.
Jobs move you around and about 10 or 12 years later I met a man who had the same unusual last name.
Lo and behold he was the agents brother. Anyway we hit it off great and have been hunting, fishing, doing things socially ever since.
My childhood friend has been included in much of that.
Have done the foster kids also and it is neat when you get something about how they are doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Yeah that happens a lot in Montana.

Usually at the most inopportune times.

"I used to fugk her."

"That's my wife."

(run for door)

Lol, reminds me of a boss that I had. A guy was looking at a new chainsaw and the boss was trying to sell it, just then on of the casheirs goes walking past us and the guy buying the chainsaw says "Man I don't know how you guys do it all day working around gals with asses like that". I started laughing and turned to walk away, just as I turned the boss says, "Dude, that's my wife"

5 minuts later I saw the guy walk out of the store with the saw and it really was his wife.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Yeah that happens a lot in Montana.

Usually at the most inopportune times.

"I used to fugk her."

"That's my wife."

(run for door)

He was too busy shearing for you to run

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First trip to South Africa, met Jack Knoop and one of the many tales he told was of being a mercenary in Uganda, back in the day. Got back to Huntsville and our salesman from New York stopped by my office to see where I had been lately. (He always did that when I was in town) Told him South African and he says, I actually know a guy from there named Jack Knoop. We were mercenaries together in Uganda.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
2008, Naknek Ak getting drunk at the Fisherman’s Bar, and in walks a girlfriend from years back in East Glacier, Mt.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Hahaha! You should see my cousin list on 23 and Me.

Lets just say they are all in Alaska and they dont have indoor plumbing.

Sounds like a perfect match! 😎

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That’s a good story Jim. I hope you get what you want from whatever decision you make. 👍

I’m sure that they’d be happy to know that you turned out great and you’re blessed with a beautiful family! That’s all the riches a man needs......that and a good waffle iron. Our Cuisanart just took a dump.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How far do you have to travel to meet someone from near home? More than 40 years ago, my wife and I were in England visiting her sister and her husband who was in the Air Force. We were all in line to get on a tour bus in London. My BIL nudged me and pointed at a suitcase on the ground belonging to a businessman standing in front of us. The big bold name tag said Mackay, ID. That's a town of maybe 500 about 150 miles north of here. I said 'Hmm, Mackay, ID, eh". He turned around and his eyes bugged out. He knew I was from somewhere close because I knew how to pronounce it like a local, MACK ee, not McKAY. He was traveling with his business and had a little time to kill so he was taking a bus tour like us.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by blanket
Met a whole lot of distant cousins at a fire dept smoker on the rez at Batesland SD

Hahaha! You should see my cousin list on 23 and Me.

Lets just say they are all in Alaska and they dont have indoor plumbing.

I didn't think Eskimo's came in your size.

There’s a whole bunch of big boys up there. I guess the strong survive

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
When I moved to Alaska from ND in 1968 to attend UAF I went into DMV to change state DL. The gal there recognized the town I was from and said "My sister used to run the cafe there, back in the early 50's. Did you know her?"

\Me: " Your sister used to give me cookies and milk when I was in the first grade, waiting for my older brother or sisters to walk me the mile home across a pasture full of nasty cows".

And sometimes they did.... mostly I walked alone and lived in fear, the bastids..... The cookies and milk were good though.

A local teaching couple here, some years ago, spent Xmas vacatuion in Hawaii. Long way from home so what the hell
- "Lets go to the (unofficial) nude beach"

First people they met there were their next door neighbors.

Last edited by las; 02/15/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dont know if it counts.
But I fugged my Cousin Amy,s doppleganger in a poofhaus in Germany
👍👍👍🤟🤟🤟🤟🤪🤪🤪🤪😎😎😎

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by renegade50
Dont know if it counts.
👍👍👍🤟🤟🤟🤟🤪🤪🤪🤪😎😎😎

Standby for a STX one-up...

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There was this total wastoid friend of mine name Mike.

Well, one night me and mrs slumlord were walking on the beach in about 10pm, I see this stumbling figure fall down a couple times and get up and keep walking towards us, within about 6 ft I’m like “Mike-o”??? Wtf??

Him “duuuuuuuude”

Lmao

600 miles from the house

Then, it happened again, at an Alice in Chains show.

See a person face down at a picnic table, did a double take....Mike O again. JFC dude

“Man can i ride back to Clarksville with you and crazy larry...I’ve had like 20 valiums”

😃🤣🤪

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reminds me of tune that's hard to get out of ones head.

1Minute
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When I was working in the engineering department at my former job, we were sent to the Mid-America Trucking show in Louisville, KY to scope out the competitions trailers. I was attempting to walk through one of the HUGE buildings to find something to eat. It was literally shoulder to shoulder with people.The type of crowd where you walk 2 feet and wait for a minute for an opening to walk another 2 feet.

I got to about the halfway point and heard someone directly in front of me say my name. I looked up and it was the brother of my high school fling and his wife from small town NW MN.

I now call them my in-laws..

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My grandfathers uncle had to vacate Wisconsin rather quickly. Something about some horses that were not his, and people with a rope looking for him. Anyways he ended up in a tiny middle of nowhere town in ND. Unknown to anyone in the family. Years down the line another uncle was selling silos in ND. At a diner talking to the waitress told her his name. She asked if he knew so and so. The uncle that disappeared was living in the town, and had been for awhile. They got in touch and him and his family made contact with relatives from Wisconsin. Still is some contact between some of the family.

I never got much into keeping up with distant relatives. Few years back there was a family reunion in North Dakota. Figure what the hell. I like the state. I looped further west and hit up Cody Wyoming first. Was one confusing reunion. The uncle that disappeared had numerous kids and grandkids. They were all named the same as the Wisconsin side of the family. So everytime you asked about so and so you had to say ND so and so or Wi so and so.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had to go to Cincinnati for a work related deal a few years back. Told my boss before leaving, that I was going to take a couple extra days and drive up to Wright - Patt and tour the AF museum.
Drove up to Dayton and got a room, and went across the street to a restaurant. Only a few people in there at the time. I noticed two couples at a table across the room that kept looking at me, seemed every time I looked up, they were basically staring at me. I was wondering, " WTF, did I grow horns or something?"
After a bit, one of the men gets up and walks across the restaurant in my direction, approached my table, and said "excuse me, but my wife says that she thinks she knows you." I told him, "I doubt it, buddy. I'm not from these parts, just here on business."
He said, " well, she's not from here either. Are from North Carolina?" I said "yes, from a town that if you're not from there, you've never heard of.
He started laughing, and said " she is too," and proceeded to name the town. He motioned for her to come over, and I could see something vaguely familiar, but could not put a name with her.
Turns out she is the younger sister of one of my childhood friends that I hadn't seen in dang near 40 years. She was just a kid, maybe 12 or 13, the last time I had seen her.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Dont know if it counts.
👍👍👍🤟🤟🤟🤟🤪🤪🤪🤪😎😎😎

How close is TN to WV?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not as interesting as some others, but here goes...I am a residential construction project manager and was meeting with a landscape contractor for a home I was in the process of finishing up on the lake here in Sandpoint, ID. We ended up chatting about non work related things and quickly got around to our shared experiences both growing up in rural San Diego, CA.....she and I thought we’d never met when we started this conversation. Anyway, we figured out pretty quickly that as a young lady she waited tables at Tom’s Chicken Shack in Julian, CA in the late 70’s, a place where my family stopped regularly for dinner after spending time fishing or hunting up near Lake Cuyamaca or Mt Palomar. Based on her work schedule at the time, it’s a certainty that we met all those years ago while she was serving us dinner (I would have been about 12 and she about 18 years old). By the way, she ended up with the contract for both the hardscape and landscaping and did a beautiful job.....best shoreline on the block.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (16gage, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,997 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,958
Posts18,519,418
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.