Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
The way people depend on someone else is how the commies are grabbing them by the round things! Be Well, RZ.

........ All part of the dumbing down of America...... Don't you dare be self reliant and have any sense of independence. Why; just relax and let big brother handle everything.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Everybody should have a potable generator , either set up as a home backup, or just sitting in the garage for when needed.

Mine is 10kWatts, gas or propane hooked up to a transfer switch..
It is still manual, so I have to make the transfer myself, won’t do it if I am not home.

Tied into my 120gal propane tank used to heat my garage.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Lack of preparedness is hard for me to fathom, though I have been known to procrastinate plenty myself. It is comforting having two years worth of firewood handy( plus Boxelder) and a years supply of dried goods stored . My family gives me crap for my "weirdness"! Ma hates it that I have Box elder wood stacked in the fields for emergency as she hates the stuff. I keep telling her these are the easy days and we may be fortunate to have that boxelder to burn in the future!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Natural selection is a thing.

It used to be. Now the producers pay to save the ignorant/lazy.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Originally Posted by troublesome82
Lack of preparedness is hard for me to fathom, though I have been known to procrastinate plenty myself. It is comforting having two years worth of firewood handy( plus Boxelder) and a years supply of dried goods stored . My family gives me crap for my "weirdness"! Ma hates it that I have Box elder wood stacked in the fields for emergency as she hates the stuff. I keep telling her these are the easy days and we may be fortunate to have that boxelder to burn in the future!

Genesis 41:

53: When the seven years of abundance in the land of Egypt came to an end,
54: the seven years of famine began, just as Joseph had said. And although there was famine in every country, there was food throughout the land of Egypt.
55: When extreme hunger came to all the land of Egypt and the people cried out to Pharaoh for food, he told all the Egyptians, “Go to Joseph and do whatever he tells you.”
56: When the famine had spread over all the land, Joseph opened up all the storehouses and sold grain to the Egyptians; for the famine was severe in the land of Egypt.
57: And every nation came to Joseph in Egypt to buy grain, because the famine was severe over all the earth.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There are lots of resources available for the clever. You can back feed your house from a high current line and jump both sides of the 220vac. This will effectively make your house wiring into a big extension cord. All that is required is all 220vac breakers and the main need to be opened and all high current loads be shut off or disconnected. I run a refrigerator and furnace with a 3000-watt inverter generator. I have excess power available any location for lighting. All the low current devices, cable and internet work.
The generator will run 20 hours/tank. I keep 5 gallons of rec fuel in a steel container through the winter months. In the summer months the generator is used for the RV.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will only get worse. Never forget in 2021 we have an illegitimate government that needs to be removed yesterday. biden and the democrats did not win their seats. They all cheated in the election, all of the democrats and some republicans too.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

It's still a thing. Reality will assert itself eventually. There is no escape from it, just temporary delusions. The power elites know this. They have set themselves up to profit off of the fear and death, just as they always do. They create the conditions for the fear and death to profit from them.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

It's still a thing. Reality will assert itself eventually. There is no escape from it, just temporary delusions. The power elites know this. They have set themselves up to profit off of the fear and death, just as they always do. They create the conditions for the fear and death to profit from them.

There is little doubt we are in the process of scaring people when we don’t need to and convincing the population they need the Government to save them.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jdunham

There is little doubt we are in the process of scaring people when we don’t need to and convincing the population they need the Government to save them.

The reality that will eventually assert itself is that government is corrupt, and the epitome of evil. The Founding Fathers knew this 250 years ago. The present day is filled with illiterates, dolts, buffoons, and simpletons. Just as the government planned.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You wouldn't believe how many city people who live in apartments and condos only have food on hand for a couple meals. Many of them eat out at least once a day. They have no storage for food.

Exactly!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by memtb
Watch my old hometown news from last night. Power out, getting cold. People are leaving their homes to go to a motel.... how is a motel gonna stay warm with no power? Shows people lined-up, filling small suv’s and cars with firewood! I’m guessing they have someplace to burn the firewood! I can’t believe the lack of preparation!!! whistle
If you have a fireplace, it’s winter time.....wouldn’t it be wise to have a small stack of firewood? mad It would be like going to the grocery store daily, and buying just enough food for one frigging meal! I’m dumbfounded! memtb

I lived in Missouri for a year with my wife (She is from Melville, St Louis county) If there was a forecast of snow, you had better have enough in the pantry, because they would empty the shelves of all staples.

I always wondered if people were actually out of everything or if they were worried they wouldn't be able to get to the store for a week through 3 frickin inches of snow / >;

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can’t say this is the reason for all the lack of preparedness.

I have listened to a few flat landers who moved out to the land of mountains and prairies cry out their woes for not squaring themselves away with items required to make themselves comfortable during storms and power outages.

Didn’t matter that they had ample warning, and time to get things they’d need. They didn’t and are crying about being miserable.

Back to the city for some....Seen it many times.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can remember in Ft. Worth early '80s, bad ice storm and cold temps, they shut down all the manufacturing and businesses so gas usage for homes could keep up. Our power was out for three days but I had a full rick of post oak, all my neighbors were General Dynamics engineers and laughed as I was laying up a store of firewood (good place for rattlesnakes on the Southside, had a cat that kept them at bay). They did not laugh as I was not paying $9.00 a pop for two sticks at 7-11...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We’ve systematically bred survival instinct out of humans.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
There are certain things a grown man, especially a homeowner, should have on hand. Being irresponsible can have a significant cost at times.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by chesterwy
We’ve systematically bred survival instinct out of humans.

Go to the ghetto areas. Top dog rules.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
A friend of my brothers called him worried about a power outage with the cold weather. His biggest concern was the food in the fridge going bad with no electricity.... you can’t make this stuff up...

I wonder if he's ever locked the keys in his convertible with the top down?????

#XidenVoter

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Go to the ghetto areas. Top dog rules.

I bet the ghetto in Dallas be pretty chillin right now.

What are the Dons of the gangs going to do, steal furniture to burn to stay warm?

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You wouldn't believe how many city people who live in apartments and condos only have food on hand for a couple meals. Many of them eat out at least once a day. They have no storage for food.

I bet they didn't buy an extra box of 22LR when they were a dollar a box either. Bunch of dummies.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,588 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,700
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.