Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Greetings to all, and thanks for taking time to read this. I have not been a frequent poster here for some years, as life has taken those turns that we all sometimes have. recently, my FIL passed and I was asked to sell some items for him. Among them are these two BP pistols. He bought these (I can only guess) in the 1980's as display items. they have never been fired, and have only had the hammers cocked once, if that, as the owner was very meticulous about these, and did not want the cylinder scratch on them that I am sure y'all are familiar with.

The round barrel "1860"(?) has what looks like serial numbers stamped on the frame, and it's only marking is "BLACK POWDERONLY/MADE IN ITALY/44CAL."

The Octagonal Barrel has only "BLACK POWDERONLY/MADE IN ITALY" marked on the flat of the barrel, with no caliber marking at all

let me apologize for the lack of pics. I got these after 4 attempts with the wife, didn't think it wise to ask for a 5th (ahem...)

So besides "Eye-talian" who do y'all think made 'em?

No, I know they are not tremendously valuable, but any idea as a to ballpark number?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bottom is a 1860 army
top is a 1851 navy most likely by Pietta. maybe sold by Traditions. very nice both. 285-325 each. maybe more in this crazy market.
are both .44's?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The market is pretty broad on the common BP 1860s and Navys - here in VA, they'd probably move at $200 -225 and probably sit for a while at $250-275.

I agree on the Traditions look of the pair, no case-coloring, so pretty standard entry level BP pistols.

But as far back as the 1980s, could be Navy Arms - but should be marked "NAVY ARMS" somewhere on the barrel - or at least mine was.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ah64, i noticed that neither of them had any barrel addresses. most Pietta guns i have had or seen were all marked. possible they are Uberti but don't think so. maybe traditions bought a SO without roll stamps. they both have traditional scenes on cylinders.
we had a gun show here this weekend and i saw both those guns in used cond. go for more then i estimated. its crazy out there!
EG savages in 300 sav going for 2500 and up. go figure. i don't know if i should sell every thing or hoard it.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Agreed,

Late '70s through most of the 80's - just about every retailer had some form of BP revolver for sale in the chain stores and mail order.

IIRC, that included Sears and Montgomery Wards catalogs at Christmas time.

Whatever parent company information was probably only on the box they shipped in, as the supplier was probably sending them to multiple vendors.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i think i bought my first BP pistol, a Spanish made POS at woolworths in Fresno California. a different world back then.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just a stab here, but the wood looks identical to the italian made Investarms hawkin i have.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,467
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.