Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by glosto
We need a SHADY SALES list of names in its on forum.

We also need a gougers list....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

The 'fire became the largest shooting and hunting website a 5-6 years ago and through in the Panic Pandemic there are quite a few newbies or former lurkers of shady character showing up. As RickBin said years ago this place is self regulating, and so it is up to the honest members to, well, regulate.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

The 'fire became the largest shooting and hunting website a 5-6 years ago and through in the Panic Pandemic there are quite a few newbies or former lurkers of shady character showing up. As RickBin said years ago this place is self regulating, and so it is up to the honest members to, well, regulate.......

And we will regulate

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had 2 deals in 2 days were I posted the magic words. One claimed a neighbor offered him more money and the other said his sister decided to keep it. WTH?

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Just had a guy text me pics on a sako listed here. Posted I'll take it here and text him I'll take . He text me back it was sold here by pm. He replied he kept it up in case the 1st deal fell through. Fugging douche bag.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 160user
I had 2 deals in 2 days were I posted the magic words. One claimed a neighbor offered him more money and the other said his sister decided to keep it. WTH?

Next time call them out and let everyone bash the sheit out of them to let others know. Silence is compliance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mirage243

Next time call them out and let everyone bash the sheit out of them to let others know. Silence is compliance.

It was pretty clear on their posts. I posted the magic words at their asking price yet didn’t get the items but I always keep the PMs for reference.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mirage243

It was pretty clear on their posts. I posted the magic words at their asking price yet didn’t get the items but I always keep the PMs for reference.

Sometimes sellers here don't respect those who offer nothing else to the site besides using the classifieds.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
thankfully I have had great transactions with all the sellers that I have dealt with here... I am hesitant to deal with sellers that I don't have history with or who don't come recommended by others who have been here longer than me.. and that is a lot of y'all.. lol. Its up to the seller to sell to who they want to but I agree that a mans word is and should be worth something..
my 0.02

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I just came back to the site after several years of life taking over. I can say most of the guys I have talked with on here have been super easy to get along with. Good discussions. I’ve had to get used to some guys not responding for a few days.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's the WTB ad's that piss me off. Go to the trouble to help someone out and they evidently are looking for something free - with free shipping.

WTB ad's should be in a different area.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Being transparent is huge! It should be universally understood that the first “I’ll take it”, gets it. That’s not the way everyone does business. Anonymous PM’s and text messages skirt that transparency. The details of your transaction are your own business. But...if you offer something for sale, you should be bound to sell that item to the first person that publicly agrees to your terms. I’ve posted the magic words on several occasions, only to be told that the item had already been sold to someone who never posted anything. I think that’s BS!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I will admit I have bought several rifles on here after posting WTBs and luckily have had good luck/experience and great sellers...
I agree that the first "I will take it" should get it and I do like seeing that statement posted in the OP sale listing so that all is clear.

Last edited by Bayouhunter; 02/16/21.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I don't see a public 'I take it' negating a private deal.

It should be first come.

With the caveat that there are a few on this site I will not sell to period.

I never assume if buying, the item isn't already sold, I always say, if still available I'll take it, and let the seller respond.

I don't buy guns on this site, I want FTF, but do buy off local sites and always do it in PMs... nobody needs to know what I'm buying or interested in.

Kent

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Happened to me a few times, no choice, just go on and forget about it. Still time stamp should be honored regardless.

I am Sultan Abassy, President of Predator Callers of Orange County “PCOC” since 2015.
I work for DOT as structure inspector.
Am NRA , CRPA, CMP & Water for Wildlife member.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Being transparent is huge! It should be universally understood that the first “I’ll take it”, gets it. That’s not the way everyone does business. Anonymous PM’s and text messages skirt that transparency. The details of your transaction are your own business. But...if you offer something for sale, you should be bound to sell that item to the first person that publicly agrees to your terms. I’ve posted the magic words on several occasions, only to be told that the item had already been sold to someone who never posted anything. I think that’s BS!

Agree

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Bugger
It's the WTB ad's that piss me off. Go to the trouble to help someone out and they evidently are looking for something free - with free shipping.

I agree with you and I also hate the "price check" posts. This ain't Aisle 3 in Walmart. These people just waste resources on the Campfire if they are too lazy to check sold prices on GB.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

It should be first come.

I never assume if buying, the item isn't already sold, I always say, if still available I'll take it, and let the seller respond.

I don't buy guns on this site, I want FTF, but do buy off local sites and always do it in PMs... nobody needs to know what I'm buying or interested in.

Kent

When you post an I’ll take it within 30 seconds of the original post being posted, you might assume otherwise.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

It should be first come.

Kent

Also, when this is in their post, you shouldn’t assume.

First "I'll take it" followed with a PM gets the goods.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by model70man
Originally Posted by Bugger

I agree with you and I also hate the "price check" posts. This ain't Aisle 3 in Walmart. These people just waste resources on the Campfire if they are too lazy to check sold prices on GB.

If you think you can find a plethora of every gun made on the sold section of GB, you’re an idiot. Besides that, GB isn’t the go to on prices for anything, if you believe that, you’re a bigger idiot.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (219DW, 222Sako, 204guy, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.