Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antlers
I’d say havin’ a thick skin is a pretty good thing. Regardless of one’s beliefs or non-beliefs.

Most folks convict themselves out of their own mouths.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mark Twain was a typesetter as a young teen. He had a job to typeset a preacher's sermon. He wanted to get done and eat a watermelon but there wasn't enough space for the Lord's name. So he put J Christ in to fit the available space.

The preacher reviewed it and demanded that the Lord's full name be typeset into the sermon. Frustrated, Twain typeset Jesus H Christ.

Old guy, old guns.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
The guys here are forgetting someone .

What if some stranger kept mocking you and your name when you offered them a helping hand?

Have you ever given someone a kind gift or gesture and have them turn around and curse you?
How would you feel toward them if they did?

Would you go out if your way to extend kindness to that person over and over after that?

Then why would any one with any sense expect Jesus Christ, The Almighty God Who will judge you to keep doing that for you?

The religious crowd said that his kindness was of the devil, when in fact it was the Holy Spirit. No forgiveness extended to them.

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."
Exodus 20

You guys need to get saved. He suffered enough so you don't have to go to hell if you make Him the object of your faith rather than your railing like the Jews at His crucifixion.

Watch the video tonight and decide. It's linked below.
https://youtu.be/GxdXw7LFguk

Eat a dick...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Taking offense to a word, is just that. It's on you. In reality, it's far less offensive than the thought that others that don't share your belief are lesser or somehow doomed.
Fully mature and discerning people understand the fundament - a person controls his/her responses to the behavior of others, and one certainly can choose to not be offended by the speech of others. That does not mean that the person abandons personal standards for such behavior or the right to analyze and comment on the utterances of others. The matter does not have to become personal.

I try to not be personally offended by crude or vulgar speech - to not assume it is meant to affect me. On the other hand and according to the situation/venue, I sometimes choose to comment regarding vulgar, degrading, blasphemous, etc.speech - driven by intent to reinforce standards of decency and civility. It applies on this case.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

What if some stranger kept mocking you and your name when you offered them a helping hand?

Have you ever given someone a kind gift or gesture and have them turn around and curse you?

Would you go out if your way to extend kindness to that person over and over after that?

Then why would any one with any sense expect Jesus Christ, The Almighty God Who will judge you to keep doing that for you?

The religious crowd said that his kindness was of the devil, when in fact it was the Holy Spirit. No forgiveness extended to them.

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."
Exodus 20

You guys need to get saved. He suffered enough so you don't have to go to hell if you make Him the object of your faith rather than your railing like the Jews at His crucifixion.

Your God can not judge anything if he doesn't exist, and I see no good reason to believe he does.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Maybe with the evolution of language, coupled with the versatility of the word ‘f uck’, using the word can actually show some reverence. Kinda like “Duke FU CKING Wayne!”.

Last edited by Gooch_McGrundle; 02/17/21.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Exodus 20

Your God can not judge anything if he doesn't exist, and I see no good reason to believe he does.

Now you've done it. This thread will go on for 10 pages. 20 if Ringman get's involved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about someone uses that language on my property and they can spit their teeth out on the way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about someone uses that language on my property and they can spit their teeth out on the way.

Who would even think of being on your property?

Just the idea of listening to your sanctimonious, hypercritical, bs, for anything longer than it would take to say “Eat a Dick” ripped that from bubbajay above, would be too long.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And how about you get a ticket to the country jail and anger management therapy.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jim "F'ing" Conrad

Not offensive at all.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by bubbajay

Exodus 20

Eat a dick...

+1

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And how about you get a ticket to the country jail and anger management therapy. [/quote]

If someone were in MY jurisdiction, they follow my rules. They would be warned, but they are not permitted to blaspheme in the most disgusting way a demonic mind can think of at my house.
According to Jesus Christ, you have something else to look forward to. You and your criminals speak evil of Him here, but someday we all face Him, like it or not.

He is the Son of God and Will be your Judge.
Let's hear you and your cop shop friends call Him that when you kneel before Him someday. If you humble yourselves now and seek His forgiveness He won't be your Judge. Your choice.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 02/17/21.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
If someone were in MY jurisdiction, they follow my rules. They would be warned, but they are not permitted to blaspheme in the most disgusting way a demonic mind can think of.
You have something else to look forward to according to the One you and your criminals speak evil of.

He is the Son of God and Will be your Judge.
Let's hear you and your cop shop friends call Him that when you kneel before Him someday. You better humble yourselves now and seek His forgiveness.

Unlike your god, there's plenty of evidence the tasers carried by cops are real.
It's also interesting, the op's complaining about disrespect, and here you are comparing those who do not share your beliefs with criminals and threatening violence. Funny how you think your religious beliefs entitle you to threaten others.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/17/21.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not threatening anything.
Listen to the sermon.
Jesus warned you and your black hearted friends about a place that He chooses to not send you.
You reject Him and yes it will be bad news.
Your choice. Listen to the sermon.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I'm not threatening anything.
Listen to the sermon.
Jesus warned you and your black hearted friends about a place that He chooses to not send you.
You reject Him and yes it will be bad news.
Your choice. Listen to the sermon.

Of course you are. Telling someone they are going to hell to be tortured forever is a threat.

As for the sermon, why should anyone care when there's not good evidence any of it is true?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus says,

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

That's not me saying that. I'm quoting the Judge.
Can you imagine a criminal approaching the judge and saying his name with THE most profane language that is only spoken by the most disgusting street criminals?

That disgusts some of us Christians on this forum too.
Call us what you want, but we aren't the ones who you guys have to concern yourselves with.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

If you humble yourselves now and seek His forgiveness He won't be your Judge.

Please prove this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sauer200

If you humble yourselves now and seek His forgiveness He won't be your Judge.

Please prove this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10Glocks, 222Sako, 1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,694
Posts18,494,150
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.