Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'd like to sell my body...what do u get for 10 dollars? Anything you want...

First public ill take it followed by pm gets it....

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Terryk
I am working from home, so I can get on the computer often, but I don't make reading the forum a 24 hour demand.
So Willi76 sends me a lowball offer on a scope, (because it was on sale at sometime in the past), and now he wants 50 dollars less than the old closeout price and free shipping.
Like I said, I was doing my work, and I check my PM and willi withdraws his offer in 2 hours because I did not respond instantly. He throws in a jab because I did not reply in minutes to his low ball offer.
So in my opinion, this is the opposite of why willi started this thread. Old prices don't dictate someone setting a price is the theme of his thread, and when willi can't get discount on an old closeout price, then the seller gets an insult. Interesting, and a bit confusing at the same time. Seems like irony to me.

Here is the PM...............

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well terry, that is EXACTLY WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. you keep lowering the price on your scope and still cant sell it. I offered you what i thought was a reasonable price and you ghosted. Now, you can say that you were working, but if you will open your eyes, it clearly states wether a PM has been viewed or not. Go ahead and tell us all that you werent to busy to check your PM's but were too busy to simply say "no thanks". I cant stand thieves or liars. Youve proven yourself to be one.

Last edited by Willicd76; 02/18/21.
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by ned
You are correct. Every one of these cry babies that craps all over a WTS post because the seller is asking market prices struggles to understand that simple concept.

Taking advantage of a difficult situation is still scumbag behavior no matter how you try to spin it.

I've been self employed almost my entire adult life, and there has been times when I could have taken advantage of customers. I don't because it's not the right thing.

Some people don't get the concept of moral or ethical behavior.........

So, you dont charge your "customers" whatever the local going "rate for service" is? You still charge them what you did when you first started? Great concept.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Willicd76
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by ned
You are correct. Every one of these cry babies that craps all over a WTS post because the seller is asking market prices struggles to understand that simple concept.

Taking advantage of a difficult situation is still scumbag behavior no matter how you try to spin it.

I've been self employed almost my entire adult life, and there has been times when I could have taken advantage of customers. I don't because it's not the right thing.

Some people don't get the concept of moral or ethical behavior.........

So, you dont charge your "customers" whatever the local going "rate for service" is? You still charge them what you did when you first started? Great concept.

I wont pay more than the original price on a pre 64 Model 70..
A dollar more is gouging...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't get all the bickering sometimes. I thought PM's were private? I have bought and sold many items here. I often offer less than advertised, and often when selling people do the same to me. No ones holding a gun to my head, and it's not a necessity like medicine or food. I guess I am guilty of not answering quickly enough for some.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I wont pay more than the original price on a pre 64 Model 70..
A dollar more is gouging...

When I buy my next house I will only offer what the house sold for new. lol

Last edited by Coyotejunki; 02/18/21.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not selling anything that I can use. What I accumulated over many years, mostly on sale or to round out shipping costs, is for my use. I’ve helped a couple of friends out a bit to cover an immediate need, but won’t drain my supply to build theirs; that was their responsibility. If someone has a surplus, they can sell it for whatever the market will bear IMO. Anyone and everyone had access to the same abundant and cheap stuff I did, but they dropped the prudence ball. Too bad, but we’re not talking about baby formula here, these are supplies for our HOBBY. Those who want to continue to play with their toys will pay to do so, just like those with boats pay $4 a gallon for fuel if they have to (and might soon have to again).

Those in the supply chain that used their buying power to short-circuit the market and reap big profits are shrewd, conniving MFs that should be remembered when this is over, just like last time, but how many actually will?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with Pappy. I recently bought a 1,000 Rem 6 1/2 primers at a dealer for list price and was very happy with the deal. I told a friend about it. He suggested I go back and buy everything the dealer had and sell it on line for a huge profit. (If it wasn't such a long drive he would do it.) I don't roll that way! I had given that friend a lb of H1000 earlier and he was going to replace it when it became available again. He has no inventory and relies on others to help him out.
His suggestion of buying this dealer out and re-selling on the internet really got under my skin. I'm still a little ticked about it.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am working from home, so I can get on the computer often, but I don't make reading the forum a 24 hour demand.
So Willi76 sends me a lowball offer on a scope, (because it was on sale at sometime in the past), and now he wants 50 dollars less than the old closeout price and free shipping.
Like I said, I was doing my work, and I check my PM and willi withdraws his offer in 2 hours because I did not respond instantly. He throws in a jab because I did not reply in minutes to his low ball offer.
So in my opinion, this is the opposite of why willi started this thread. Old prices don't dictate someone setting a price is the theme of his thread, and when willi can't get discount on an old closeout price, then the seller gets an insult. Interesting, and a bit confusing at the same time. Seems like irony to me.

Well terry, that is EXACTLY WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. you keep lowering the price on your scope and still cant sell it. I offered you what i thought was a reasonable price and you ghosted. Now, you can say that you were working, but if you will open your eyes, it clearly states wether a PM has been viewed or not. Go ahead and tell us all that you werent to busy to check your PM's but were too busy to simply say "no thanks". I cant stand thieves or liars. Youve proven yourself to be one.

This thread is about you whining for sympathy because I called you out for asking 50 cents a bullet on the fire for bulk speer bullets you paid 10 cents each for. That's what it's about. Terry merely added how you feel about fair pricing when your the buyer. The two don't line up.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I hear a guy last week at the local GunShow bemoaning the fact that there were no 209 shotshell primers, I told him i might have some, he lives near by, gave me his number yadda, yadda..............

So I take a look and I have 1100 and change, I text him and tell him I'll take $50....................... he tells me that is a bit rich??????

A quick search shows that Bass Pro DOESN't have any, but if they did they are $6/100............ before delivery!!!!!!

There's no pleasing some.....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you bitch pull your pant up...

Go Ducks!!!
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by grovey

This thread is about you whining for sympathy because I called you out for asking 50 cents a bullet on the fire for bulk speer bullets you paid 10 cents each for. That's what it's about. Terry merely added how you feel about fair pricing when your the buyer. The two don't line up.

Are you SERIOUSLY that dumb or just a good actor? You "called me out" for selling something at my price? Arent you a big boy! Terry listed his price and i didnt like it. I made an offer respectfully in private and he didnt like it. Done deal. Anyone here was free to make an offer to me in private and i either accept or decline. You, however, make it your personal business to get involved in something that doesnt pertain to you with someone you dont know. Since when did "mind your own business" become "please mind my business for me"? This is a simple concept of freedom and our great republic. You cant pick and choose what you like about it and what you dont. I respect your freedom of speech. Why do you not respect my private business dealings?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
guy probably went and sold that powder

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Want to stop price gouging? It's easy.
The seller asks for a price, the buyer is the one who sets it.
A thing is worth exactly WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT.
The seller can't force you to buy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
don't forget to fill out the butt hurt report so that everyone knows your feelings are hurt

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Are you SERIOUSLY that dumb or just a good actor? You "called me out" for selling something at my price? Arent you a big boy! Terry listed his price and i didnt like it. I made an offer respectfully in private and he didnt like it. Done deal. Anyone here was free to make an offer to me in private and i either accept or decline. You, however, make it your personal business to get involved in something that doesnt pertain to you with someone you dont know. Since when did "mind your own business" become "please mind my business for me"? This is a simple concept of freedom and our great republic. You cant pick and choose what you like about it and what you dont. I respect your freedom of speech. Why do you not respect my private business dealings?

Nah, you know I'm right. You just keep trying to blame it on everyone else. Why didn't you float that 50 cent a piece price over on the Hide? Do what ya wanna do, but don't sugarcoat like you're doing us all a favor. Done.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey, I didn't buy any firewood and now it's freezing outside and there's none to be bought.
I switched to a wood fireplace because I got tired of paying for fuel oil but I didn't stock up on wood.... Even though I knew winter was coming.
You should sell me some of yours for what you paid fort it...

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So if I buy up the remainder of a stash somewhere to try to sell at a huge profit, I'm an azzhole? Happens commercially all the time, look at commodities. You are hoping to buy low and sell high. You just got to figure out what to buy. Sometimes you make money sometimes you lose money. You want to buy at a "reasonable "price? Just wait a little while until everything becomes available again sometime most likely. Most people complaining dont want to wait. Either wait or pay or find nice guy. I just dont get the people complaing.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W

Nah, you know I'm right. You just keep trying to blame it on everyone else. Why didn't you float that 50 cent a piece price over on the Hide? Do what ya wanna do, but don't sugarcoat like you're doing us all a favor. Done.

You truly are a mental midget.
Party at groveys place! We will go through all of his reloading supplies and pick out what we want. After this charade he will certainly let us have it for cost. WE ALL WIN!!! He proves that im a gouger and i will get some more cheap material to gouge everyone with.

Last edited by Willicd76; 02/18/21.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,516
Posts18,490,910
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.