-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I also think about Revelation, & why God went into such detail if we won't be here. I'm not to concerned, because I trust God knows what he's doing. No need for me to worry about it.

Romans 5:1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
... One was about Noah and He told that He believed that Noah had 2 of several tribes beside His own, which would explain How Cain's line was still with us after the flood. That has bother me for a while, but I did not know the answer. The churches that I attended back in my younger day believed Hard on the rapture, but I never thought to ask about the Cain deal, and it was a while before I thought about it much.

The "Cain deal" is "Christian Identity", and is even more a devilish deception than is dispensationalism.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no doubt at all about my redemption after I die.
But I honestly don’t think that Christians are gonna be able to skip the schitshow that’s clearly coming. I can only live accordingly with my beliefs that God is still in control.
7mm

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 02/18/21.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stophel
I'm not a dispensationalist. I'm not a follower of Darby or Scofield or LaHaye or Lindsey, nor their deceptions.

LaHaye’s *Left Behind* series made some serious cash.

Somebody was reading them, and spreading the word.

I figured this was a popular belief....Hence, “Who’s Got a Ticket”

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I have no doubt at all about my redemption after I die.
But I honestly don’t think that Christians are gonna be able to skip the schitshow that’s clearly coming. I can only live accordingly with my beliefs that God is still in control.
7mm

Roger Rabbit, That!

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Somebody say Rapture???

Gawd I thought Blondie was smoking HOT back in the day.
I woulda railed the schitt outta her if given the chance even if she was a herion junkie.
I woulda just worn 2 Jimmy,s and done her Mopp4/NBC style.
No rawdogging with Blondie..
LOL!!

Aside from Blondie......

Aint it the select jehovah,s witness types that are gonna snicker at all us heathens on back ups day????
Like 144k or some such # of em get to go to the players club only.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I’m certain Happy Camper is gonna say he’ll be riding a silver horse, bejeweled in diamonds and sapphires, and holding a golden dil-do as he ascends.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Not saying there couldn’t be one, but I see little in the Bible to legitimize the idea, and NOTHING to suggest it would precede a tribulation. The God of the Bible ALWAYS tests or allows suffering before rescue. The 3 Hebrew children had to go into the furnace, Daniel had to go into the lion’s den, before the miracles happened. For Christians to think, as many do, that they are so special as to escape this earth, without so much as a test of faith first, has no basis in Scripture and is fraught with hubris and denial. Christians will absolutely be here to be tested and/or persecuted before rescue is offered, and many who think they are Christians will inevitably fail that test and find their religion was simply a crutch with no utility beyond good times and easy living.

I say this having grown up in a hardcore Pentecostal household and with parents who are still in that life and believe wholeheartedly that this rapture is right around the corner, especially since times appear to be getting a little sketchy. This belief has persisted throughout their lives from forty years ago to now, and the hoops they and folks like them jump through to connect the dots for their preferred scenario are always amusing and often pitiful.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I’m certain Happy Camper is gonna say he’ll be riding a silver horse, bejeweled in diamonds and sapphires, and holding a golden dil-do as he ascends.

🦫

Golden Dil do....
LOL!!!

These guys are talking in tongues too!!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 02/18/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jesus also said he'd come in an hour you'd think not. As a thief in the night. That tells me it'll catch everyone off guard.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm not a dispensationalist. I'm not a follower of Darby or Scofield or LaHaye or Lindsey, nor their deceptions.

🦫

It has become, unfortunately, thoroughly pervasive. Virtually to the exclusion of all else. When I grew up, I was taught this. However, it was not hammered into us then the way it is today. Today it is full-on. ALL the time, and it seems to be the most important thing in the universe. I think when I was growing up, we still had older people that did NOT believe such garbage, and those who did believe it and teach it were somewhat restrained by that, but now the older generation is passed away, and they now have free rein.

Even though we weren't pounded with it as people are today, still it was taught, and it was all I knew. I had no idea that anyone believed anything different. Still, I never bought it. I simply did not see in the Bible what they claimed to see. To make a long story short, I eventually let the Bible speak for itself and I seriously wondered if I was the only one who "got it". Only later did I learn of Dispensationalism and all it entails, and that what I believed the Bible said was historic Christianity (pre 1830), and I was not alone... though with rather little company today....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy Camper is a genuine Christian man. All jokes aside, I've talked to the man & he's alright.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Go.

I'll bite. (Silly me.) Yeah, I suppose I do.

Remember (if I were a proper Bible thumper, I suppose I'd cite ya chapter and verse, I'm not and I can't) that Jesus said he didn't know the time, only God knows. I take that to heart. I think that the people who claim they've unraveled some secret in the Bible that even Jesus didn't know ... are full of horse [bleep]. My view / stance ... the proof of faith is faith. If it was science, it wouldn't take faith and it seems like faith is the crux of the matter.

So I don't know if I'll see the Rapture or not. For 2000-ish years people have clung by their fingernails to the idea it was coming tomorrow. It hasn't. Every one of them has been wrong so far. I don't feel like over-investing in being wrong. I hope it does come sooner rather than later but while I'm hoping, I'm living as if I have to face the consequences of my mistakes in the here and now.

Mostly I have to see a thing for myself to believe it. I made a choice that makes sense to me. I can't tell you why this one is different .. but it is. I'm not going to try to change your mind. You're an adult. I accept your choice, whatever it is, and I hope you accept mine.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Winner winner

I believe that men are by their nature sinful (including and especially me) and that God, in His grace, has sent His Son as the only sacrifice worthy of payment for that sin.

I believe that Christ, having completed His work on earth is seated at the right hand of the Father and will return to judge the living and the dead, and that the event will be anything BUT “secret,” tho the time of His return is unknown to us.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

🦫

It has become, unfortunately, thoroughly pervasive. Virtually to the exclusion of all else. When I grew up, I was taught this. However, it was not hammered into us then the way it is today. Today it is full-on. ALL the time, and it seems to be the most important thing in the universe. I think when I was growing up, we still had older people that did NOT believe such garbage, and those who did believe it and teach it were somewhat restrained by that, but now the older generation is passed away, and they now have free rein.

Even though we weren't pounded with it as people are today, still it was taught, and it was all I knew. I had no idea that anyone believed anything different. Still, I never bought it. I simply did not see in the Bible what they claimed to see. To make a long story short, I eventually let the Bible speak for itself and I seriously wondered if I was the only one who "got it". Only later did I learn of Dispensationalism and all it entails, and that what I believed the Bible said was historic Christianity (pre 1830), and I was not alone... though with rather little company today....

Luke 17:34-37
What's your understanding of these scriptures

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Happy Camper is a genuine Christian man. All jokes aside, I've talked to the man & he's alright.

Your words, not mine.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

🦫

Oh it is VERY popular... especially here in the US.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Christ and his life example is the most KISS thing in the world... man doesn't like it straightforward though and has to complicate everything.
Sound wisdom.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I will rejoice at the triumphant return of Christ, as it is taught painfully clearly in the Bible. Where EVERY eye shall see and EVERY knee shall bend... whether they want to or not. I do NOT believe in the secret rapture, where people will suddenly disappear and no one will know what happened to them. Nor do I believe any of the Scripture-twisting that is necessary to back up this belief, nor do I believe any of the dispensationalists' Zionism and judaizing that goes hand in hand with the secret rapture.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,844
Posts18,496,906
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.