Campfire Regular
M
But did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What about the sellers on here that have listed MULITPLES of the same category of items, bump every 3 to 8 hours, and and and........

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Willicd76
Im not a fan of the current ammo and component situation either, HOWEVER, when the stock market goes up do you take your earnings, or do you sell at the same price you bought at? When you are ready to sell your home, do you sell at the current market price or sell for the same price you paid 20 years ago? Its called CAPITALISM people. Its one thing that makes this country great. Supply and demand dictates what anything is worth. Prices are inflated at the moment. Get over it or keep your damned mouth shut.

Right on. These are classified ads, not Twitter threads.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by acloco
What about the sellers on here that have listed MULITPLES of the same category of items, bump every 3 to 8 hours, and and and........

It doesn't matter how many times a post is bumped. Under the Followed Forums feature, just change the 'Sort By' option to 'Thread Creation'. If you sort the displayed results of whatever forums you're looking at by "THREAD CREATION", then all you'll see is the most recent posts sorted by their date of creation, no matter how many replies (i.e. bumps) there are in a thread. It works especially well for the 'Free Classifieds' forum.

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just wasted 5 minutes of my life!

IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
There is a definitive difference between selling at current market value and price gouging.

However, price gouging usually refers to a company, who having a monopoly market share of at item that is NECESSARY, arbitrarily raises the price just because you have nowhere else to go to get said product.

As long as we aren’t talking about subsistence hunting or self protection, shooting is more of a luxury than a necessity. However, whether you view it as such or not, or whether you view this issue as price gouging or anything else, more vendors in the market place is the answer both in the immediate sense and for the long term.

There is still some serious douchebaggery going on here from time to time, but that’s just life.

747 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just curious, but wasn't all the Ammo and reloading components we bought through the years to have a large current stockpile not available to all the complainers on this thread as well??🤷‍♂️

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tico
I'd like to sell my body...what do u get for 10 dollars? Anything you want...

First public ill take it followed by pm gets it....

At $10 you're still gouging.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Originally Posted by Dinny
Is there a difference between gouging and asking fair market value? I think there is. How is fair market value determined? Do we just add $50 to everything and hope it becomes the new standard?

I recently asked a relator how fair market value is determined and was told to ask a crazy price and hope someone pays it. Not too scientific I guess.

Thanks, Dinny

Market is not determined by asking price. It is determined by a series of selling prices.

Your Realtor is a dumb ass.

Tarbe for the win. He spelled Realtor right.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm looking for clarification....
How's $200 primers different than $3000 Colt pythons or pre64 winchester FW?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm

YEP!!!! No different but these old azz idiots keep running their mouths. Not one would make a $100 off their colt when they can make a grand. That's a fact.

GA precision all day long
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ringworm

I'm with you

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
If you don't like the price, don't buy it. You or I are not another's keeper. If you are smart you plan ahead. Pretty simple concepts Aye?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think there may be a difference between getting reloading components and buying an item you know has collector value.

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Model70Fan
I think there may be a difference between getting reloading components and buying an item you know has collector value.

Collector value isn’t something planned, it just happens. That’s why there are thousands of commemorative Winchester 1894’s that aren’t worth what a used 1894 is.

No one owes anyone that didn’t buy plenty of ammunition or components, a good deal because they didn’t stock up. All the complaints are from the losers that didn’t buy enough and want a share of the spoils when they run out.

I have yet to hear complaints from the guys that bought plenty, just losers looking for a Biden handout.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
if folks were not smart enough to get what they need when it was cheap fug them

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by blanket
if folks were not smart enough to get what they need when it was cheap fug them

For sure. Pretty damn tired of their pissing and moaning about prices.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I just hope the market doesn’t stay that way for long, that could ruin possibly the future of recreational shooting. Those just getting into it are pretty much screwed if you’re limited on funds. But there are many simple minded rats on here that don’t think of it that way. I don’t think anybody is telling anyone what to sell there stuff for. But some of the prices people ask would make some folks go broke before they even get started shooting.

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Tico
I'd like to sell my body...what do u get for 10 dollars? Anything you want...

First public ill take it followed by pm gets it....

At $10 you're still gouging.......

Dont know it till you try it...

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Model70Fan
I just hope the market doesn’t stay that way for long, that could ruin possibly the future of recreational shooting. Those just getting into it are pretty much screwed if you’re limited on funds. But there are many simple minded rats on here that don’t think of it that way. I don’t think anybody is telling anyone what to sell there stuff for. But some of the prices people ask would make some folks go broke before they even get started shooting.

So capitalism is fine as long as you are a seasoned veteran to it? Since im a simple minded rat, and your only concern is recruiting new shooters, surely you are willing to sell everything you have and dont NEED for the price you paid for it......right?
New shooters step right up. Fire sale......new shooters only and must have "limited funds". Very weak argument.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.