Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Why is anyone bothering to give MB advice anyway?

Let him run around in the dark and if we all end up in his fantasy KenoshaLand, his mags will be laying around for the rest of us to scrounge.

They’ll probably be Chinese mags.

I don't guess I've had the pleasure until now....If anything, he makes me feel better about me..

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I asked about tritium sights on an AR with an Eotech side question. Simply put, one guy answered that he'd tried them and didn't like them. That's appreciated. David added more useful information. Thanks.

Christ almighty a fuucking light is not needed to aim. Good advise taken, the rest is other guys' drivel. The amount of assumptions some guys come up with is pure fantasy, as were the hypotheticals listed. China? For phucqk's sake wtf does that have to do with it?

Possibly I should have just simply asked about the tritium and not given any scenario or use.. Jack rabbit in the headlights, not a scope or prism, maybe. But it is what it is. No decision made. One and only one response with experience noted. BFD

Responses of condescending asshholes noted, per usual. Have you personally tried tritium sights on your irons? Anyone? They are commonly used on handguns no?

To suggest I don't take lessons learned here is incorrect.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Why is anyone bothering to give MB advice anyway?

Let him run around in the dark and if we all end up in his fantasy KenoshaLand, his mags will be laying around for the rest of us to scrounge.

They’ll probably be Chinese mags.

I don't guess I've had the pleasure until now....If anything, he makes me feel better about me..

Go fuuck yourself you condescending kghunt. Keep making up chit you think other men are thinking, like a woman. Dichead.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't use a light to aim. I use it for positive target ID.

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Christ almighty a fuucking light is not needed to aim.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone done it? Like a ghost ring rear, maybe on a carry handle, with glowy front post.

Heard there's a front post with a combination of tritium and fiber optic but spaced the company's name. Sound familiar? Anyone?

Application will be an 11.5 inch 5.56, night, close, without a "here I am - shoot me flashlight". Otherwise, convince me to buy an Eotech. Astigmatism is affirmative.

Seriously, get a good flashlight and training.

If your light is only telling them to shoot you, you're using it wrong.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Ok, you are in Kenosha, the wind turbines freeze, in the fire light you can just make out forms, dark forms, carrying weapons approaching you.... You want to be walking the fuuck around with your flashlight on? JFC

I have spent the better part of two decades chasing bad guys with guns around in the dark....yes, I want a light. I know it seems to be a novel concept, but you know that with crazy technology like momentary switches, you don't actually "walk around with your flashlight on," right?

Weapon mounted lights are infinitely more useful than night sights...any night sights,

I should kept reading, because this nails it.

BTDT, want a fuucking light on my weapon.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I don't use a light to aim. I use it for positive target ID.

Christ almighty a fuucking light is not needed to aim.

Exactly. Thank you. For the kind of use you and AS describe, yes on the light. I doubt you misunderstand, but, for clarity, I am not considering the tritium as the only option. Just curious if anyone actually tried it before. Thinking might just try a front post. I don't want a bunch of Chinky gadgets hanging off the rig and the good chit costs a lot as you know. So when getting looking at lights, possibly I will seek your input. For now I'll work towards buying an Eotech as they've been recommended here plenty.

I have always appreciated that you do not make assumptions as to what others are thinking.... Like making off handed slights to guys as do some of these know-it-all pricks.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Aren't you the guy that makes light (pun) of suicides in other member's families? You too can go fuuck yourself.

--- Kid Rock 2022

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Boomer

Most tritium front sights do not have the front vial at the top of the post, it’s generally down a bit in the blade. The two vials in the ghost ring on the rear are centered in the middle of the ring - in the few sets I’ve played with.

Most of us were taught to shot over the tip of the front sight and center up the sight picture through the rear sight.

Using the tritium vials - your sight picture changes slightly as your aim point references change slightly with location of the front sight glow.

At MOA of living room - probably not an issue, but the error will be there as you go out further in range, but you’re not going out far in range, if it’s dark enough to need the tritium.

The front sight “post” is also typically a flat squared blade to hold and protect the vial, and not tapered. IMLE - past 150 meters, yards, whatever - the width of the blade starts to cover up more of the target than I like. If I was going to run tritium on an AR - it would be a house gun only...with a Surefire.

YMMV

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aren't you the guy that makes light (pun) of suicides in other member's families? You too can go fuuck yourself.

Yeah, I give stick a lot of crap, but only after he called my son a retard when I posted a family fishing pic.

As for you, well, you've demonstrated an amazing ability to ignore the people with real-world, shoot people who shoot back, in the dark experience.

Congratulations.

You're proof that ignorance can be cured with education, but stupid is forever.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ll be stupid and give a little more input.

The tritium front post is not bright enough to get fast accurate hits in the dark unless it’s so dark you can’t see your hand in front of your face. I’ve tried Trijicon and XS, both made me focus on the sight, then double check my center, then the target, then back to the sight and then shoot. If there was any ambient light around me, the tritium was worthless. Talk about getting centered with a scope or a prism sight, that peep sight is a lot smaller to get behind.

Given the perfect scenario I’m sure someone could make a case for them but there are much better options.

The best choice is always gonna be a red dot. Always. I just sold my EOTech yesterday and will probably replace it with another Aimpoint. Either one of these will serve you well in your shooter in the dark scenario. Some, most of the cheaper red dots will be visible from the front. One reason the EOTech and Aimpoints cost more.

Now regular irons and a light work better for me in the dark than they do in the daylight. They stand out bolder and in focus with the light in front of them. But don’t blow your top because I mentioned a light. Just trying to expand on what lillysdad said. Shooting in the dark without a light for me would be red dot followed by a good LPVO that gathers light. I wouldn’t even consider rigging up irons alone on purpose.

We have some good people here that share info trying to help. Sometimes things get lost in the translation but there’s no need to twist off, it’s just the internet. Heck me and lillysdad had a difference of opinion just the other day. It wasn’t a big deal, he has his experience and I have mine. I’m only about an hour away from him, I guess I could’ve drove over and showed him where he was wrong but different aspects help you see past yourself. Quit taking stuff personal, it’ll be a lot more fun.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’ve shot low light with tritiums and I think they work great.

Not ideal in 2021, but perfectly serviceable if it’s all you want to spend.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Boomer

Most tritium front sights do not have the front vial at the top of the post, it’s generally down a bit in the blade. The two vials in the ghost ring on the rear are centered in the middle of the ring - in the few sets I’ve played with.

Most of us were taught to shot over the tip of the front sight and center up the sight picture through the rear sight.

Using the tritium vials - your sight picture changes slightly as your aim point references change slightly with location of the front sight glow.

At MOA of living room - probably not an issue, but the error will be there as you go out further in range, but you’re not going out far in range, if it’s dark enough to need the tritium.

The front sight “post” is also typically a flat squared blade to hold and protect the vial, and not tapered. IMLE - past 150 meters, yards, whatever - the width of the blade starts to cover up more of the target than I like. If I was going to run tritium on an AR - it would be a house gun only...with a Surefire.

YMMV

Thanks, appreciate the details. MOALivingroom ain't too interesting. And you have cleared up to me why tritium sights are less fitting on ARs than handguns - that's my take at least. Golden. That's two NOs and zero GOs from the 'Fire stating hands on....

I like the simplicity of the AR pistol with irons. I suppose I can put my big ass predator light on one and try it some then go from there. Sounds like it (tritium) might not even be worthwhile cept possibly as a BU. Guy that mentioned the Blitzkrieg chevron, a former LEO, had used one to complete a training after his Sig RD puked.

Fuggers on this AR forum cost me more than the fuggers on Hunting Rifles ever did!

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by deflave

Did you once say Eotechs sucked balz? Been meaning to ask, but, know how busy you are....

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Awesome thanks for the details. I value your input. Doesn't sound good at all. And I have a SOPMOD buttstock because of your previous input, so there's that. smile

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I value you, about, almost, as much as a wad I shot on some nameless slut's face twenty years ago. Almost.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

Did you once say Eotechs sucked balz? Been meaning to ask, but, know how busy you are....

Yes.

You couldn't give me an EoTech.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd suggest a fleshlight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'd suggest a fleshlight.

There's the hands-on experience you've been looking for 'Boomer.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 15 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.