Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A good mask story. I developed a tooth ache and had an appointment with my dentist yesterday. I have not been there since all this madness began so didn't know what to expect. Get there and no mask warning on the door. then inside and still nothing. The lady at the desk had one on and she asked if she could check my temp. It was normal then she gave me a look of apology and asked if she could ask me some questions. Before agreeing I asked her who was requiring this. She replied the county health dept. She read them off pretty quick and that was done. Then after getting into the chair to begin the doc came in. I thanked him for not forcing me to wear a mask. That opened the door. I soon learned he hates the entire way this is being handled. It's nice to see there's still some sanity around.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Jim1611
A good mask story. I developed a tooth ache and had an appointment with my dentist yesterday. I have not been there since all this madness began so didn't know what to expect. Get there and no mask warning on the door. then inside and still nothing. The lady at the desk had one on and she asked if she could check my temp. It was normal then she gave me a look of apology and asked if she could ask me some questions. Before agreeing I asked her who was requiring this. She replied the county health dept. She read them off pretty quick and that was done. Then after getting into the chair to begin the doc came in. I thanked him for not forcing me to wear a mask. That opened the door. I soon learned he hates the entire way this is being handled. It's nice to see there's still some sanity around.

Yeah, for sure. When our Sheriff and CA made their statements, they took a not-so-subtle shot at the county health officer that issued the mask mandate. They basically said that she is an appointed official, not elected, so she's not accountable to the people. And it was a very valid point. My guess would be that if you did a basic popular vote in these parts for/against masks, the vote would come back AT LEAST 75% against. I might be grossly understating that number. Which begs the question - why are we catering to the 25% then?

I believe that was precisely the point they were making.

My social circle is certainly not the biggest, but personally I don't know one single person (other than our healthcare worker friends) that agrees with any of this mask/social distancing BS. Translation - it certainly seems like we're catering to the minority. What else is new in the new 'woke' America? SMH.

Last edited by LipschitzWrath; 02/19/21.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you don't want to wear a mask then don't, just STFU about it. Your b itching about it doesn't make you any better than those who choose to wear a mask, get the vaccine, whatever.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by gunswizard
If you don't want to wear a mask then don't, just STFU about it. Your b itching about it doesn't make you any better than those who choose to wear a mask, get the vaccine, whatever.

So we can expect the same from that group then, right?

In other words, we can expect that they won't hassle people about not wearing a mask, social distancing, or getting the vaccine? Riiiiggghhhttt...

It's been my experience that those people can't keep their mouths shut. They feel obligated to berate people who aren't doing what they believe in.

Just saying - don't expect anti-maskers to keep their mouth shut when there's YouTube videos of liberals going around acting like the mask police berating people.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

March 2020

" well get this under control in a few weeks"

Fauccii and the CDC. "Its dangerous to wear a mask"

Oh great wizard, its time now to triple mask and imagine you'll be the first to comply

Last edited by ribka; 02/19/21.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I am so done with this whole issue. The emperor is not wearing clothes and it is obvious to everyone with a brain. I only wear the damn thing at work because if i do not then no job.

Lots of people are also missing that stores and other businesses are privately owned. If they tell us we have to wear one to visit their place then you decide to comply or not shop there. Giving us a 3 minute tirade about your personal beliefs or lying about medical issues is abusive and obnoxious and especially because no one gives a fk about your opinion and all your sound and fury signifies nothing because that retail or restaurant person is not the governor.

Are they ridiculous? Yep. But they have a lot more to lose than we do. They can get sued or shut down by the health nazis. So they decide it's easier to ask you to wear a mask.

Well ok. But it's the governmental overreach that is the real problem. Using state power and resources to chase this farce and threatening citizens over it is not only unconstitutional but worthy of tar and feathers

Last edited by mjbgalt; 02/19/21.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
I am so done with this whole issue. The emperor is not wearing clothes and it is obvious to everyone with a brain. I only wear the damn thing at work because if i do not then no job.

Well said.

I'm in the same boat. As you can tell, I'm clearly in the anti-COVID camp. However, my boss is not and has made it clear that compliance with his COVID policies is a condition of employment. I'm not an idiot. I have a very, very good job and the job market isn't exactly booming right now. I do what I'm told because I know my boss is well within his rights to terminate me if I don't.

On the flip side, there are an untold number of employees here that choose to express their personal views on COVID via non-compliance. One of these gentlemen was terminated from a $100,000+/year job for it. There will be others.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Lots of people are also missing that stores and other businesses are privately owned. If they tell us we have to wear one to visit their place then you decide to comply or not shop there.

Are they ridiculous? Yep. But they have a lot more to lose than we do. They can get sued or shut down by the health nazis. So they decide it's easier to ask you to wear a mask.

Well ok. But it's the governmental overreach that is the real problem. Using state power and resources to chase this farce and threatening citizens over it is not only unconstitutional but worthy of tar and feathers

At the same time, the vaccine makers are immune to lawsuits. Doesn't really seem fair, does it?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Correct RC. Things have been stacked against us for a long time and for some reason it is accelerating in the past 10 years

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the same time, the vaccine makers are immune to lawsuits.

What vaccine? There is no vaccine for the china flu!!! There is a shot, or a series of shots, that will supposedly lessen the effects of the china flu, but the shot(s) do not prevent one from getting the china flu or prevent one from spreading the china flu.

The definition of a vaccine is...

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease.

This shot provides no immunity.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

^^^^Scared to death.^^^^

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
they are requiring commercial fishermen to wear them now, yeah right.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

So if I kick you in the sack over and over you'll finally just shut up and hope it all goes away?

B
B
The following statement is posted on the website for our Wyoming county. It was posted the same day the Governor issued a statewide mask mandate. Sounds reasonable to me. Most of the time if you see someone here wearing a mask they have out of state plates.

The Board of Weston County Commissioners are elected to govern not mandate. This Board feels that it is someone’s personal choice to wear a mask or not, however we ask the Citizens of Weston County to respect each other’s choices. Be respectful of both sides, do not bully or disrespect them because their choice differs from yours. We also ask Citizens to not cause more work for Law Enforcement by reporting those who choose not to wear a mask. Also, if a business wants to establish a mask mandate, it is their choice and their patrons should comply and respect this choice. Thank you all for your patience and respect during this very difficult time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I went into one of my favorite gun stores a while back and was told I had to use the hand sanitizer. I did reluctantly. The city or county were not requiring this. Then just 3 weeks ago I went back to pick some powder up they had set back for me and was told I needed to wear a mask. The guy behind the counter pointed them out. My blood boiled over this. I told the guy I was drawing the line at wearing the mask then turned a left. I may never go back. They're not being required by the health dept. for this either.

I have a place like that.

I just tell them I am going to the restroom and wash my hands and face...
They get a lot of State line crossers though, most others don't bother. The have had issue with people carrying stuff across the line...

If I was across the line, I know what I do.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

^^^^Scared to death.^^^^

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
We were on Maui just after Xmas. Those Hawaiian Libs bought into the fear big time. Signs threatening to call cops if you weren't wearing a mask.

We were out walking one day, maskless, and approached a woman. 20 mph wind at her back, she was fully masked, and you would have thought we were nuclear. We never got closer than about 20 feet, but she had the "deer in the headlights" look on her face and took a wide detour around us.

PT Barnum certainly knew his people psychology.

If a business requires mask wearing, I do, or go elsewhere. It's their perogative, and mine.

Last edited by las; 02/19/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (afisher, arky65, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,422 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.