Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I got a package that shipped from TX then landed in CA then back to TX then back to CA, in 3 days and hasnt moved in 2 weeks.

Not the seller's fault but USPS isn't helping when either of us called in for status.

From now on, UPS or FedEx for me.

GB1

U
U
Just had a package this week that said it was delivered while I was home, that stated "handed to resident." I never saw anyone or the package. The next day tracking shows it in another town 20 miles away as "addressee unknown at this address." and being returned to sender. Ugh. Tracking shows it as addressed to my zip code and not the other town. Not sure how they messed that shipment up so bad, but now I have to wait for the sender to receive it, if they ever do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 222Sako
Guess I should go buy a lottery ticket. Haven't had anything "disappear". And everything I have ordered or sent has went through pretty much on time.

Me too until last week. I should not have bragged up USPS......

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
UPS retail wouldn't accept an uncut rifle barrel blank. "They don't have a license to ship firearms or firearm parts".
I politely tried to explain what it was but the dumbfugks did not understand that the damn thing was just a metal cylinder. They kept saying firearm and got all nervous. Oh well, not there fault I guess. More corporate stupidity...
The world is going to [bleep]. FAST>

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I opened a ticket to USPS to find a package that was shipped to me in early January with no updates since 01/15. The postmaster said she couldn't track it down and to request a refund. She also told me Chicago is very backed up and they're trying to go through a lot of packages, and it's the main holdup for mail right now. All other stuff I've sent and been sent has been fine

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here's another tidbit, that gives some bearing on why, when things are late, they're really late.

The Post office recognizes that those that have late packages are pissed off, and are starting rant threads like this, and going to UPS and Fedex. They also know that Fedex and UPS are having the same problems, so some of those customers will have to come back. So, they have adopted a strategy of delivering the newest stuff that comes in, to the extent they can. With priority given, well, priority. That way, they keep most of the mail moving, write off those that are already pissed off and not going to be happy no matter what, keep the majority of their customers happy, and work on their backlog slowly as they have capacity.

So, if you have something that drops into one of the black hole locations with inadequate staffing, it stays there for weeks before they can dig down to it. Meanwhile, the newly mailed stuff of their "current" customers, gets delivered. UPS and Fedex are using the same strategy, to some extent, with the more expensive services getting priority. They fill trucks with the highest priority stuff, and stop when the truck is full.

Another tidbit: They can move mail that is tagged electronically a lot faster and easier than that which is not. So, electronic pre-printed labels, taped on FLAT in easily accessible areas are given priority when they are processing stuff. Stuff that won't scan, is damaged, or has non-visible labels gets left in the pile for somebody else to deal with.

Last edited by ssdave; 02/19/21.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think UPS sucks too. They double charged me and I can’t get a person on the phone that can refund the duplicate charge. Most carriers seem to suck at their job

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Achigan1
USPS is full of lazy, inept and entitled government workers led by a lazy, inept and entitled bureaucracy.
I say shut it down, dissolve the pension and let’em get an honest job.

Yup - And overseen by a corrupt Congress and now corrupt president.

Ya, sell the thing to Fed Ex (for $1?), one of the best managed companies in the world. They will have it straightened out in 12 months.

And before any pearl clutchers start-up, the USA is one of the last countries on the planet that hasn't privatized their post office.

Last edited by SupFoo; 02/19/21.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just got my 30-30 dies from Midway. Day early.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by SupFoo
[quote=Achigan1]
And before any pearl clutchers start-up, the USA is one of the last countries on the planet that hasn't privatized their post office.

Actually, the USPS has supposedly BEEN a private corporation for years--but the Federal government could not let it go completely, so retained Congressional "oversight"--which is the major reason so much is fuqued-up. Especially the Federal mandate that retirement programs be fully funded even for USPS employees who haven't been born yet.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have posted this before, but feel that it is time for more to see. I mailed a new in the box Rock River Arms LAR-8 from my shop in Colorado Springs to Centerville Texas 11/29/2020 and it arrived in Texas 01/19/2021 after I contacted my Colorado Senator who started a congressional investigation into the missing rifle. On 01/17/2021 It was amazingly found and delivered in two days. Box and RRA shipping case were beat to $hit but the rifle survived. USPS sucks.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm sitting here patiently waiting for a 1980 Marlin in 357 that I bought, to be updated on the USPS Website. When I agreed to purchase it, it was with the absolute understanding and agreement that it would be shipped UPS. After sending a USPS MO Priority (took 7 days to get there), the seller conveniently had his wife drop it off at the Post office. That way he can blame her and say it's an honest mistake.

It's been 5 days since the tracking has been updated. It simply says my package is in transit to the next facility.

I've had other things lost in the system. One set of scope rings took over a month to get here. I had a check mailed on Christmas day take 5 weeks to show up. This is the first thing of real value though and I'm sick to my stomach over it.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couple of observations- I tried to cash several USPS money orders at the Post Office and they said they couldn't handle it- check was too big for the petty cash they kept on hand? But I did find out you can take them to your bank and deposit them just like cash or a check in your account and then pull it out....

And if you are in love with UPS and send small packages, guess who the contract with to deliver them ? USPS has picked up a significant amount of business delivering small packages and end of line delivery on USPS routes by contracting with UPS and FedEx... they even deliver on holidays and Sundays around here....

Get the insurance and tracking and try to sleep at night....

Last edited by Sheister; 02/19/21.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
M
MOW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I've had the bad service from USPS, I stopped using them and started using FedEx and UPS. Been having good luck with them, but Midway screwed me. I ordered a scope mount, paid more to have it shipped UPS. It's now 3 weeks late, so I went to Midway to check on the order status and saw "UPS, handed off to USPS". I'm so ticked off, I paid extra to have UPS shipping and they handed it off to USPS and now 3 weeks late and no tracking updates. I sent an email to Midway and told them, if they are going ship this way, I'll find someone else to order from. I'm sure it means nothing to them, I'm just one person.

Last edited by MOW; 02/19/21.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
[quote=Achigan1]

Actually, the USPS has supposedly BEEN a private corporation for years--but the Federal government could not let it go completely, so retained Congressional "oversight"--which is the major reason so much is fuqued-up. Especially the Federal mandate that retirement programs be fully funded even for USPS employees who haven't been born yet.

I hear you most people do not know how the republicans the bush administration mortally crippled the USPS with the pre retirement mandate.Its not just that I guess nobody heard of covid-19 rampage still going on. In our town USPS HAS TO DELIVER THE AMAZON PACKAGES TOO.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
USPS is full of lazy, inept and entitled government workers led by a lazy, inept and entitled bureaucracy.

Ya, sell the thing to Fed Ex (for $1?), one of the best managed companies in the world. They will have it straightened out in 12 months.

We are also the cheapest

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, so one of my "missing" packages is found so to speak. The tracking was last updated 2/6 and showed "in transit". I hadn't heard from the buyer so I opened a case. Last night I heard from the buyer that they had indeed received it a while back. Ok, good news. This morning I got a call from the Post Master in the today that the package was going to. VERY NICE gentleman and his system showed it was headed back to MY house on 2/6 and has since vanished. The bottom line is, half the time they have no idea where your stuff is!

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MOW
I've had the bad service from USPS, I stopped using them and started using FedEx and UPS. Been having good luck with them, but Midway screwed me. I ordered a scope mount, paid more to have it shipped UPS. It's now 3 weeks late, so I went to Midway to check on the order status and saw "UPS, handed off to USPS". I'm so ticked off, I paid extra to have UPS shipping and they handed it off to USPS and now 3 weeks late and no tracking updates. I sent an email to Midway and told them, if they are going ship this way, I'll find someone else to order from. I'm sure it means nothing to them, I'm just one person.

Yes you are right. FedX, UPS, THE USPS is the last mile for delivery of all the small stuff making their load even bigger. Unfortunately midway ships all their smalls by ups sure post thru usps. I am a letter carrier the smalls have never been so heavy with covid-19 and it not even xmas. Add heavy parcel volume with Amazon and most carriers are working 10 hour days add weather delays and in most of the country the last month sub zero weather and lots of snow no wonder the delays. Your package will arrive but when??

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

THERE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM WITH U.S,P.O. IT'S CALLED------UNIONS !

Last edited by dirtyharry; 02/20/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
USPS does suck. But currently UPS is #1 on my schitt list.

Recently sent a rifle that arrived broken in half. It was shipped in a hard case. No damage to the case.

How can that happen, you might ask? The only way I can imagine is that someone removed the gun, broke it, and put it back into the case.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (29aholic, 673, 308xray, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 25 invisible), 1,813 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,192
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.