Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Deflave,
Kudos to you and your friend for helping out. Unfortunately, people driving by is getting to be all to common.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It was cardboard....on top of a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Window breaking basement flooders......

The fact that there are full time paid fire fighters in 2021 is a joke. And volunteers are the most reckless driving clowns out there

Yeah....and when your house is on fire, you'd be the first to call for help.......and you won't care if they are volunteers or paid. What a dumb statement.

Well I do pay for the service. Calling them won't help much, fire damage with water damage on top of it. Not to mention by the time they roll up, if you're not out you're dead anyway and your house is f ucked.

I get it, they're heros, that get paid to sleep and grocery shop. I am forever indebted to them.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

The fact that there are full time paid fire fighters in 2021 is a joke. And volunteers are the most reckless driving clowns out there

Yeah....and when your house is on fire, you'd be the first to call for help.......and you won't care if they are volunteers or paid. What a dumb statement.

Well I do pay for the service. Calling them won't help much, fire damage with water damage on top of it. Not to mention by the time they roll up, if you're not out you're dead anyway and your house is f ucked.

I get it, they're heros, that get paid to sleep and grocery shop. I am forever indebted to them.

Hahaha! Your dumbass probably had to have a fancy home to go along with all the other fancy dumbassess.

Homes filled with fancy schit made out of solid gasoline.

Sorry Charlie.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Your entire walk in closet of all matching Under Armor is gonna burn.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It’s not a comfortable thing for most people to say and it does cause massive amount of butt hurt, but most fire departments today do just that.

They’re also pretty good at finding fault which doesn’t help most folks.

And they’re expensive.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
When I moved to this locale, I was talked into being a trustee on the board for our local VFD. Did it a couple years and bowed out. They needed a warm body that was neutral, as they were recovering from a royal shidtshow involving a criminal chief embezzling funds and misusing equipment etc. it’s all politic beyond that, what we pay in taxes for our vfd is pretty ridiculous.

That being said, I’ll say not one negative thing about the guys that step up to volunteer for it. They all have real jobs and families, yet still take on the extra duty to serve the community. My hat is off to them.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JTrapper73
Deflave,
Kudos to you and your friend for helping out. Unfortunately, people driving by is getting to be all to common.

We were day drinking so had lots of courage.

And my friend spotted it through the narrowest of gaps between privacy fences. It looked like moderate amounts of smoke until I backed up to get the angle he initially saw it at.

But as soon as I did I knew he was right. Legit fire.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave

It’s not a comfortable thing for most people to say and it does cause massive amount of butt hurt, but most fire departments today do just that.

And they’re expensive.

Do you know what your McMansion is made out of?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

And they’re expensive.

Dead paupers likely

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
LOL

no key to the city??

😎😃

As soon as we saw the cop getting kghunty with the homeowner we beat fugking feet.

Matter of fact, my buddy repositioned my rig once everything was under control because he knew there’d be no leaving once the FD got there. (They LOVE blocking all egress and ingress routes)

We are not without experience. LOL

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We have a small fire department in our community. I can relate to all the comments, both positive and negative. The service provided is a reflection of leadership within the department. Our district has a budget of less than $400,000.00 per year. We try to have at least two people at the fire station all the time. Last year we responded to over 620 calls, most of which were medical emergencies and motor vehicle accidents. One day we had eight calls, the previous record was six. We do wellness checks and remove rattlesnakes. We dont get cats down out of trees because we don't have a shotgun. Interstate 10 goes through our district so a lot of the motor vehicle accidents are high speed with serious injuries. A lot of elderly people in our district. Occasionally we have a brush fire and seldom have a structure fire. Calling it a fire department is a misnomer. We consider ourselves a service provider and have mutual aid agreements with all the surrounding communities. On the other hand, sometimes it is challenging trying to maintain a certain level of professionalism.
Recently we have seen an increase in assists at domestic disturbance calls. Our guys standby while LE resolves the situation in case there are injuries. A sign of the times or unintended consequences of the China flu?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

And they’re expensive.

Dead paupers likely

That and pretentiousness.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
When I moved to this locale, I was talked into being a trustee on the board for our local VFD. Did it a couple years and bowed out. They needed a warm body that was neutral, as they were recovering from a royal shidtshow involving a criminal chief embezzling funds and misusing equipment etc. it’s all politic beyond that, what we pay in taxes for our vfd is pretty ridiculous.

That being said, I’ll say not one negative thing about the guys that step up to volunteer for it. They all have real jobs and families, yet still take on the extra duty to serve the community. My hat is off to them.

You always get duped into the dumbest schit.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
Youre not a hero unless you help roll the hoses up.

Director of our EMA told me that chit. 🤣

LOL

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just got in from another call. This time it was a house trailer fire about a mile from the house that burned yesterday. This time, we did put the fire out, but the trailer was a total loss.

I read where someone had a budget of around $400,000..... we have a budget of less than $50,000. I also read about the political BS that some have to go thru. Our district is structured so that the board is made up of vol. firefighters, so we don't have to put up with that kind of stuff.

I saw where Mark's company responded to over 620 calls, we had 104 last year. The majority of ours are EMS. We have about a dozen trained first responders and 4 nurses in our dept. Structure fires, vehicle wrecks, forest fires, trees across roads, and directing traffic when the roads are blocked for any other reason, make up the rest of our calls.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

One of the dick head cops immediately approached the homeowner and asked what happened. I guess he couldn't see the Smokey Joe smoldering on top of what was the fire. I assumed the guy put it out there the previous evening thinking it was fully extinguished. And the heat of the day brought it back to speed.

i hope you informed him that had he been using a BGE, you would not have had to risk life and limb to save his schitty house

#cheapsmokerskill

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He seemed stressed enough.

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Just got in from another call. This time it was a house trailer fire about a mile from the house that burned yesterday. This time, we did put the fire out, but the trailer was a total loss.

I read where someone had a budget of around $400,000..... we have a budget of less than $50,000. I also read about the political BS that some have to go thru. Our district is structured so that the board is made up of vol. firefighters, so we don't have to put up with that kind of stuff.

I saw where Mark's company responded to over 620 calls, we had 104 last year. The majority of ours are EMS. We have about a dozen trained first responders and 4 nurses in our dept. Structure fires, vehicle wrecks, forest fires, trees across roads, and directing traffic when the roads are blocked for any other reason, make up the rest of our calls.

A budget of less than $50K tells me your locale does not need a fire department.

Voluntary or otherwise.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
J-O Handy, you wouldn't be paying for your fire protection in my town. No fire district=no fire tax. We own our building. We own the trucks and equipment. All paid for by donations, community activities, State grants and an "allowance" from the township that pays our electric bill and insurance, and not much else. And decades of frugality and wise investments.

For years, we went door-to-door, asking for donations. People in their McMansions with luxury cars in the driveway would either not come to the door at all (turn down the tv and close the blinds), or greet us at the door with a pocketful of change and an attitude. Same people who complain about the noise siren.

Meanwhile, on the poor side of town, someone in a run-down shack would hand us a $50 bill, and we'd feel embarrassed to accept it, and humbled by their generosity.

We do our annual fund drive now through mailings. Just not enough manpower available to go knocking on doors day after day. The mail-ins don't generate as much money, though. It's easier to ignore an envelope than a 60,000 lb. red truck in the driveway.

But when we get called out, we make no distinction between the two. They're all neighbors in need of our help. 24/7.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 16gage, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 36 invisible), 1,924 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,860
Posts18,497,174
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.