Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I have several very close friends and quite a few good friends. Talk to them all fairly regularly and go out to breakfast or put shorting or rambling in the woods a couple times a month.

Whoever said “to have a friend you must be a friend” nailed it. The very close friends I’ve had have not always been friendly friendships and I’ve had to overlook their flaws as much as they’ve had to overlook mine, and there have been times I was convinced that equation showed I was the better friend but this “f you I don’t need you I’m a man” stuff woulda hurt me in the long run.

These guys have helped me move, helped me through loss and success, told me when I was being an ass and been there to reinforce fatherly wisdom to my kids when they wouldn’t listen to me. They make me a better man because they genuinely want what’s best for me and are even willing to fight me when I have a different idea.

Pretty awesome; can’t say how grateful I am for them all. Especially in trying times like these.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
this time of year is tough on me for sure. i hate the short days and cold weather. i can see why old people move south for the winter. my parents did. but this is also a time for reflection and anticipation for better weather, more daylight, leaves on the trees, fishing, etc. now i sound like friggen dr phil.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mt Conrad will be fine... Stick on the other hand, doubt that ass has friend one...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DEFINITION OF "A FRIEND."

A good friend is someone who will bail you out of jail.

A great friend is one who is sitting beside you and saying ,"Damn, wasn't that fun?!" grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Aside from good friends i ve had that died,i m down to one solid guy i go waaaaay back with.other than that,i m good.its very hard to find guys around here that are into guns and shooting or going fishing or any non "lets get as wasted as possible"activity.
I would like to have a couple of friends that were into re loading and shooting to hang with and go to the range with.i ve talked to guys at the L.G.S.
most of them are nut jobs,so i go it alone.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Chin up, Big Guy. Spring is around the corner.

Have you seen spring on the Hi-Line?

Not exactly an uplifting thought. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Well Jim, at least everyone likes you.

NOT SO FAST...NOT SO FAST... smirk

Aww prairie schidt...

We all do like you

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Chin up, Big Guy. Spring is around the corner.

Have you seen spring on the Hi-Line?

Not exactly an uplifting thought. LOL

Okkkk....then I recommend Vitamin D3. lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I blame it on the Corony virus.

That must be why no one invites us to these otherwise well attended parties....

If'n you ain't there.............................

hows ken it be "well attended"????

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Awww hell dude...
You got friends in Tn you aint never met FTF.
Me and Slumlord got your back if ya ever show up down here in Clarksvegas.
Cici,s
Dogs
Shooting
Ammo hunting
Pawn shopping for guns
Deer hunting
Turkey hunting
Dove hunting
Roadside repair assitance cell phone away schitt.
Hang out with ya at appts.
Give ya some uplook insted of down.
Arrowhead hunting
Slumlord makes excellent BBQ stuff.
Me and you can fugg up some beefaroni ( outta da can)
Help ya do needed chores with 0 strings.
Give ya some brutally frank no holds barred discussion and expect the same in return.

Just the whole gamut man.....
You got buds ya never even met dude....

Corny song clip below
LOL!!!!

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Renegade, I'm coming to TN for some BBQ 😃

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe Jim want's some friends like Ol' Hank?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Adopt a Rez kid and dog.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have damn few, they always want something, can you fix my plumbing, can you weld this for me, can you bring your tractor over and do some mowing for me, will you build me a bbq pit, I need help, I need this, I need that. I never ask anybody to do cshit for me. I don’t need no help. I guess I’m selfish, but I will only help my family members.

I’ve tried being friends, but I always get taken advantage of, cause I can’t say no when they ask.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I lost my best friend this morning! He wanted 7mm bullets for reloading, told him he had the wrong number! Hasn't called back.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I can honestly say that I only have two true friends. They have never come to visit me at all, as I always go visit them, so I guess a guy could say they're not as good of a friend as I make them out to be. I have lots and lots of acquaintances though that I like and get along with, but I don't 100% trust them. They'll help me out if I really need it, but only if it is not real inconvenient for them. I've been burned too many times over the years by going way the hell out of my way to help someone out, only to not have that favor returned.

I am generally an inverted loner anyway and prefer it that way. It makes life simpler.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco

I’ve tried being friends, but I always get taken advantage of, cause I can’t say no when they ask.

I can relate to that.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have lots and of acquaintances but no true friends since they have all died over the last few years and are not easy to replace.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I can honestly say that I only have two true friends. They have never come to visit me at all, as I always go visit them, so I guess a guy could say they're not as good of a friend as I make them out to be. I have lots and lots of acquaintances though that I like and get along with, but I don't 100% trust them. They'll help me out if I really need it, but only if it is not real inconvenient for them. I've been burned too many times over the years by going way the hell out of my way to help someone out, only to not have that favor returned.

I am generally an inverted loner anyway and prefer it that way. It makes life simpler.

T, I can relate.

Moving around the country for work makes it difficult to maintain friendships. Sometimes I need to go back to a place I was for various reasons, so it's been easy for me to look up a "friend" while there. Most friends from SoCal were not coming to Bummfugg NW PA just because I was there tho. I did have two friends stop by though......................they were passing through on their way to someplace more exciting I think.

For you, I mean really.......................how many folks want to visit the Rock? wink

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My last true friend, aside from my wife, died August 7th 2020. Dad.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,478
Posts18,490,006
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.