Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 700LH
I guess that car was worth dying for

I don't think that was the choice the man had. He was assaulted by three men, two armed. I don't think any terms were exchanged, just bullets. But how easy is it to sit on your fat ass and make calls like that?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I don't think that was the choice the man had. He was assaulted by three men, two armed. I don't think any terms were exchanged, just bullets. But how easy is it to sit on your fat ass and make calls like that?

Big +1. Other than giving up his cover and not dropping the damn popcorn he did better than 95% of us would have.

LOL
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Gun selection had nothing to do with this outcome. He sent them running with his first shot. As the narrator stated, had he not left his cover and if he had dropped his popcorn to get two hands on his pistol to make sure he got some hits on target, he would be alive today. Two shooters spraying bullets around in panic shooting just increase the odds that a passerby will get hit. Don't abandon your cover unless you have to and going after fleeing perps is not that reason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

As easy as you dising what is wrote with your infinite wisdom

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

The popcorn definitely was. Victim just didn't want his car getting shot up...…..sorry, dark humor.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The perps must have been casing the car while the vic was in the popcorn store....did you see how fast they pulled around the corner and dismounted their vehicle. They must have chose the car, then waited for the owner to return.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a buncha dumbasses if he had not had a gun they would have taken his car maybe his wallet and left him standing holding his popcorn to eat at his pleasure another day.'
If your gonna carry you gotta be smart enough to know when to use it and when its better not to

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What a buncha dumbasses if he had not had a gun they would have taken his car maybe his wallet and left him standing holding his popcorn to eat at his pleasure another day.'
If your gonna carry you gotta be smart enough to know when to use it and when its better not to

When three guys jump out of a car two of them with guns coming at you it's time to use your gun.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Goes to show how important handgun selection could be.

Yep. 1st priority is reliable function. After that, can you hit your target? Can’t speak for the average fella but my first shot in that circumstance would have put Shooter 1 6’ under.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if he had not had a gun they would have taken his car maybe his wallet and left him

Depending on the kindness of joggers is a bad plan regardless of the circumstances.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

When three guys jump out of a car two of them with guns coming at you it's time to use your gun.

If you want to die it's a great idea, BTW odds are he didn't know only 2 were armed.
Like I said before I guess the car was worth dying for

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He saw the other armed perp coming around the back side of the suv in his peripheral and had the one in front taking his fire and running away. That is probably why he gave up his position behind the suv.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think a lot of people opt for revolvers because of their simplicity. Double action revolver shooting is much more difficult to master.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Don't have a Glock. But I have a Ruger Security 9 that I bought, in part, because it came with 2 15 round magazines.

Yep, I was using "Glock" to represent a whole class of commonly carried service pistols.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

They couldn't get the car without first subduing the man who held its keys. You want to surrender to unknown armed thugs in the hope they will be merciful towards you if you do what they want?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Need to be treated like the invasive species that they are and eradicated...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The perps must have been casing the car while the vic was in the popcorn store....did you see how fast they pulled around the corner and dismounted their vehicle. They must have chose the car, then waited for the owner to return.

My thinking was that they saw him park there, took a position some distance away, and waited for him to return, then drove over to him to do the car jacking.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Bingo!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

If you want to die it's a great idea, BTW odds are he didn't know only 2 were armed.

He probably didn't know it was the vehicle they were after. The popcorn and the stupid move out into the open is what got him killed. That said I would certainly have killed the first guy and would not have moved into the open. The popcorn would have hit the ground at the same time I was pulling my 1911.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I guess I missed the part of the video you keep referring to where some sort of civilized negotiation happened, where the armed criminals gave their demands, and the the armed victim refused those demands. Fuuck you, retard. And yes, I am smarter than you.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,087
Posts18,482,855
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.