Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Had something very similar happen. Started out getting delayed all the time, then denied. Don't remember the entire process, but IIRC, I basically had to provide more identification. Turns out a guy with the same name as me wasn't as nice as I am. To this day, I still have to provide my SSN if I want a timely approval of my basic human right of self defense.

If somebody with the same name has a rap sheet as long as your arm and you don't include your SSN on the form, you will likely get a delay or outright denial. Ironically when I worked the gun bar at Academy many guys who were high up in TVA nuclear would often get delays. You know those guys were clean, but there was something in their background that would pop up during the background check.

If you have certain clearances they can see that you've been "investigated."

It will often cause delays.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by gemby58
Had a buddy once, when I was a dealer and a new model handgun came out he would buy it. One week got 2 new ones in, he wanted to buy both of them at the same time. Told him to buy one now and come back in 7 days to get the other. Told him he would have to fill out a multiple FBI handgun form. He didn't care, well 2 weeks later tried to buy another handgun, he was flat Denied for no reason and far as I know is still denied and that was in 1998 that happened. Lost a very good customer because of the NICS

The customer doesn't fill out the Multiple Handgun Sale form. In fact, there's no need to even tell the customer about it. If he quit dealing with you because of that, he wasn't much of a "buddy", was he?

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I gave them my SSN... my only thought is that Cabelas entered something wrong, but they aren’t about to run a background check again on me just to make sure (I asked).

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I was turned down about a year after I had bought a rifle from the same store. I went through the appeal process and it was again denied but with conditions. The LGS was able to sell me gun. When I got the reason for turning me down from the TBI they said that I had a list of convictions that I had to clear up. If you've never had this type of thing happen you are lucky. Trying to clean up a negative is almost impossible. I had an attorney write to the city where the crimes were supposed to have happened and the city wrote back that they had no record of the crimes. (Of course they didn't. It didn't happen.) We sent letter to the TBI and asked that it be cleared up. The response I got back was absurd. They said that just because the reporting city does not have any records of the crime, does not mean the crime didn't take place. The dates of the supposed crimes were over 45 years before I applied. I would have been 16, a minor. I pointed that out to them and they said basically, too bad. To clear it up, I had to go to federal court and appeal the decision. The judge looked at everything and ruled right on the spot that my record had to be cleared. After two years I got a letter from the FBI saying that my records had been cleared and I was now able to purchase a firearm without an appeal process. Thanks goodness I had the money to fight this. Many would not. It cost me over twenty thousand dollars to clear my name. I never found out why these charges had been attributed to me and I will never know. BTW,,,from the time of the initial turn down to receiving the final letter from the FBI was almost four years.

I wish you the best of luck. When you are right you have to fight it as far as you can. If we all don't do our part, we will lose our rights completely.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Had a buddy once, when I was a dealer and a new model handgun came out he would buy it. One week got 2 new ones in, he wanted to buy both of them at the same time. Told him to buy one now and come back in 7 days to get the other. Told him he would have to fill out a multiple FBI handgun form. He didn't care, well 2 weeks later tried to buy another handgun, he was flat Denied for no reason and far as I know is still denied and that was in 1998 that happened. Lost a very good customer because of the NICS

The customer doesn't fill out the Multiple Handgun Sale form. In fact, there's no need to even tell the customer about it. If he quit dealing with you because of that, he wasn't much of a "buddy", was he?

No schit, I filled it out as a FFL dealer, not him I told him not too, said he didn't want the FBI in his bussiness, he couldn't buy a gun anymore so why come to a gun shop

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ro1459
TBI

Power hungry bureaucrats that suck up your tax dollars. Our Sheriff is an ex TBI guy, he thinks ONLY cops should be able to carry guns, and that LEOs are all Supermen.

Two biggest cockblocks to Constitutional Carry in Tennessee are the Sheriff's Association/Chiefs of Police and the Chamber of Commerce.

Most rank and file LEOs are on our side, the management bunch not so much.

Last edited by worriedman; 02/21/21.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I typically provide my SS number. But the last two I didn't and it went straight through still.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

No schit, I filled it out as a FFL dealer, not him I told him not too, said he didn't want the FBI in his bussiness, he couldn't buy a gun anymore so why come to a gun shop

Reread your original post. This is what you said
Told him he would have to fill out a multiple FBI handgun form.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Reread your original post. This is what you said
Told him he would have to fill out a multiple FBI handgun form.

Well I'm not going back to edit it

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by rocky_mtn
I gave them my SSN... my only thought is that Cabelas entered something wrong, but they aren’t about to run a background check again on me just to make sure (I asked).

This ^^^^^ would be my guess as well. Someone at Cabelas fat fingered or misspoke something. I have only ever had one delay. Put my middle initial on the 4473 instead of my full middle name. Once my FFL was on the phone, he guessed at my middle name (guessed wrong). And I was delayed for three days. Lesson learned. Don't take short cuts on the 4473. Fill out everything completely. Zero room for errors...

IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I lived in VA, there was some felon that had a name close to mine. It was always in VA. Delayed for a day.

Everywhere else, no.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The constitution says "shall not be infringed" period. Gun laws are not intended to help honest people buy guns, they are intended to make it more difficult for everyone to purchase firearms. If you don't include all the information they ask for, you reduce your chances of getting approved.
Arizona does not require a permit to carry a concealed weapon but has a provision to acquire a concealed weapons permit. With that permit, no background check is required. You just walk in, fill out the 4473, show the dealer your permit and walk out with the firearm. Avoids being subject to incompetent people who have the authority to spoil your day. Should you have to do this? NO Is it constitutional? NO Is it reality? YES How do we change it? DON'T KNOW

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I think the best way to go about it is to keep trying. You'll either get approved, or they will come arrest you. Either way it seems to me to be the fastest path to resolution.

They see you coming and start throwing Ruger's at you before you hit the front door.

laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sherm_61
On a delay they have 3-5 days to respond to deny or respond if they don't its yours.
The Cabelas guy who did the NICS check should have been told that.

This is simply not true.

The Brady Law says,

If the FFL has not received from the NICS a final determination after 3 business days have elapsed since the delay response, it is within the FFL’s discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm (if state law permits the transfer). If the FFL transfers the firearm, the FFL must note “no resolution was provided within 3 business days” on line 19d of the ATFForm4473. (Pleaserefertopages24and25oftheFBINICSFFLUserManual.)

So No, the firearm is Not Yours. The FFL has the right to complete the transfer or Not.

Many corporations do not allow the transfer to be completed.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Carry permit, no NICS

Not all states, why dont know .

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Long story , didn't put SSN 3 times = 3 denials, FBI will call you trust me . I know

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by worriedman
Originally Posted by ro1459
TBI

Power hungry bureaucrats that suck up your tax dollars. Our Sheriff is an ex TBI guy, he thinks ONLY cops should be able to carry guns, and that LEOs are all Supermen.

Two biggest cockblocks to Constitutional Carry in Tennessee are the Sheriff's Association/Chiefs of Police and the Chamber of Commerce.

Most rank and file LEOs are on our side, the management bunch not so much.

As per this article written by Molly Ball, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce we instrumental in getting the "win" for Joe Biden. If you haven't read it, you should.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An old friend had been in the Air Force back during the Cold War, he was a spook who spent his 8 years listening in on Russian communications and translating them. Very high security clearance. He got denied every time , sometimes for just an hour or two, other times for a couple of days.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Carry permit, no NICS

Not all states, why dont know .

Depends on the length of issuance and regulations the state puts on issuance. Of course they can be rescinded at any time with changes in state law concerning issuance of CCW that don’t comply to ATF regs. Here’s the latest list.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/permanent-brady-permit-chart

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/permanent-brady-state-lists

Swifty
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ldholton
Long story , didn't put SSN 3 times = 3 denials, FBI will call you trust me . I know

The FBI called you? Why?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,163
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.