Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
A bud and another coworker self exited.
Projectile to skull the method.
One departure was logical and within his belief system.
The other was, like many, over a cheating woman.

One used a stainless revolver outside (which helps w the cleanup and minimizes damage to surroundings and item used).
The other used a HP rifle. Proly took months for the pcs to come back to earth.
Bought rifle from a shop where I know the guy that sold it to him (before his wife told him she wanted a divorce).

The guy that sold him the rifle took it hard. Told him he had other rifles, just was out shooting that one, that day, when he said F it and split.
Both guys that died were cool. One a believer, one not.
Yes, their method of exit does stick to all the great other memories of them.
But thats all it does.

Just a minor detail that is associated with them. The "period" at the last sentence, of a book. Doesn't change the sentence, doesn't change the chapters or anything.
Its just a minor detail. And really of zero effect to the rest of their stories.

Leave it at that.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I am sorry for those that happen upon such messes.

Somebody always finds the body.

Best when its a stranger.

And for those that choose to be part of such discoveries/clean ups.....bless you.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Buddy of mine years ago I worked with, found out his wife was throwing her ass up in the air for a brotha, took his bdl 7 mag, drove over to their place blew his chest out in their driveway... cool fuuckin dude, still think about that one frequently...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jim;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope all else besides this topic is okay with you and your wonderful family.

I've had two coworkers who I considered friends and one young lady in high school who was the friend of a friend who ended their own lives and all of them had an effect on me.

The high school one was more than 40 years ago and it still bothers me in that the friend kept on talking about ending his life but it was the young lady who actually did it. In retrospect I don't believe I could have had any impact on that one, but that said I didn't get my friend from talking about it incessantly and that might have affected her decision.

As Judman says, it's a crappy deal for those of us left behind to clean up - whether it's the scene itself or the family and friends left behind.

Regardless sir, I hope your Sunday is a good one. Give your wife and kids a hug Jim, that's got to help.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah that'd be a tough deal for sure. I doubt I could handle it, I've been around very little death in my lifetime. Just my parents.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Judman
Buddy of mine years ago I worked with, found out his wife was throwing her ass up in the air for a brotha, took his bdl 7 mag, drove over to their place blew his chest out in their driveway... cool fuuckin dude, still think about that one frequently...

Yeah, took a while to shake off what my bud did.
But after w while it's just no big deal.
The person being gone way overshadows anything about their method of exit.

I did hunt an area near a known body drop off (mobster stuff back in the day). And with it being off the road, and w CRP.........I was concerned about finding a body.
Suicide or murder.

And dreaded finding a kid or young person.

I smelled something dead back there before. I did not investigate. Found dead deer elsewhere on that farm, but that one time...........it just gave me the willies and I NEVER went to check that spot. Landowner never said anything about something bad happening, but then he wouldn't if it did.

Hopefully I never find one. Old or fresh.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/21/21.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My Dad and a close friend committed suicide. Never so much as a hint as to what was going on in their minds. Not a subject I enjoy discussing.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Can't change what happened.
Sometimes discussion does help those left behind.
Lots of misinformation by supposed well meaning folks on the subject.
That stuff does NOT help.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
For those who may be hurting/questioning.........an Exhaustive Concordance and research may help.

The living need guidance and healing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I am fine fellas.

Well....sorta fine.

Was thinking last night of the little bits of skull and brains that I volunteer to pick up occasionally.

My buddy volunteered to gather up someone who had been run over by a train recently.

A dumb career choice......volunteering.

I had similar experiences. Anytime you want to talk, call me. I met even let you speak between my rants.

But as for volunteering, think of Isiah 6:8. Think of what your brothers here have said of their respect for your and people like you who do what is necessary for others, without being told to. You can call it service. You can call it volunteering. You can call it what a man's got to do. You can even call it dumb.

But your friends respect you for what you choose to do. The Right Thing.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I am fine fellas.

Well....sorta fine.

Was thinking last night of the little bits of skull and brains that I volunteer to pick up occasionally.

My buddy volunteered to gather up someone who had been run over by a train recently.

A dumb career choice......volunteering.

I had similar experiences. Anytime you want to talk, call me. I met even let you speak between my rants.

But as for volunteering, think of Isiah 6:8. Think of what your brothers here have said of their respect for your and people like you who do what is necessary for others, without being told to. You can call it service. You can call it volunteering. You can call it what a man's got to do. You can even call it dumb.

But your friends respect you for what you choose to do. The Right Thing.

Might even be a calling.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Many years ago the community I grew up in had a rash of suicides of young men. One was a friend of mine since childhood. Some of the others I knew well enough. I could more or less understand a couple of them. a couple of them were very surprising to me.

One was a very popular, outgoing young man who had no problem getting the girls,...came from a good family,...was successful enough at wherever he wanted to do,...never seemed down or depressed about anything.

His suicide surprised everybody.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O

Deaths suicide/accidental/ violent of any nature have a way of staying in the heads of first responders/military and police officers. Anyone who says otherwise is not being honest. Young people chose your occupations carefully. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've been around quite a few who were left to deal with it. Parent, brother, etc. It leaves lifelong scars on those who are left behind. It also seems to increase the chance that they will follow suit.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A kid I knew in HS hung himself. He did it in the same spot his older brother had hung himself 2-3 years earlier.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Judman
Got several buddy’s that are fireman/paramedics, it doesn’t go away, gets talked about when the booze starts flowing. Shiity deal for sure.

Yes, I hung out with a couple firemen for awhile who ice fished a certain area that I did as well. Naturally, we’d engage in some chit chat and drink when nothing was biting. My god, the discourses between the two about suicide emergency responses...
Couple things that stuck with me, one was when one of them began a conversation with the other that went “what the fugg is up with all the hangers recently?” The conversation went on back and forth for about five minutes, myself in complete mystified silence, until it finally dawned on me they were talking about suicide deaths by hanging. Another, was where one described kicking a door in at the sound of the shot and describing the sight of the victim’s head(self inflicted gunshot to mouth or neck) as being like “The Chocolate Fondue fountain and Golden coral - blood pouring out of his eyes, his nose, his ears, his mouth!” Horrifying. He said he just dropped his resuscitation gear and turned his back for a minute and let the guy bleed out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
suicide is about the cruelest thing you can do to your family and friends. It's the ultimate "everything is about me" statement. The worst are the ones that deliberately do it where they know a loved one will find the mess.

Sam......

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Their life their choice.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I dont get it when a guy does it over a woman.
Cheaters proly just laugh it off.
Seriously doubt the woman will have any remorse even on her death bed decades later.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another hard aspect to suicide is being that guy the offer talked to about it before and you felt like you could have said or done something to stop it. In reality, people with that demon aren't probably within reach with a simple conversation, it goes alot deeper than the surface. No guilt is warranted.

LOL
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.